2023 Playoffs discussion

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe if you send Shaggy a can of Campbell soup, throw in a Clark bar and some Kraft and Colby cheese, he and his big red dog Clifford, will pop on by? But I seriously Doubs it, since he will know what you are Jonesing for, he's Gute at smelling out that kind of Whelen and fire Stokesing.

Sorry, I am just Joshing you and I'm not Rhyan.
It must be a snow day. You guys have too much time on your hands. Pretty creative though!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It must be a snow day. You guys have too much time on your hands. Pretty creative though!
It is! Winter is about 7 weeks late for the middle of the country. It shows up and what happens? We go south to Dallas to play a game.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy not playing up the drama of facing his former team next week. Only 2 active players were in GB when McCarthy was HC: Kenny Clark & Aaron Jones... so not many emotional ties to his old team.
You forgot Bakhtiari.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Even if he had taken more chances, Rodgers just wasn't gonna throw a lotta picks. He saw the field well and where things were going, he did his homework on opponent secondaries, and his accuracy was amazing.

Rodgers watched Favre and took it a step too far trying to not be Favre with the ints. Love watched Rodgers take it a step too far and put a little Favre in his game...balance

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers watched Favre and took it a step too far trying to not be Favre with the ints. Love watched Rodgers take it a step too far and put a little Favre in his game...balance
I think Love also watched him zero in on his favorite guy to the detriment of the team and learned from that.

I kind of think of Love (so far) as a guy with Favre's mentality for playmaking but tempered with Rodgers' ability to take care of the ball and enhanced by a lot of Starr's leadership qualities, and with those attributes he has a chance to be special.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Love also watched him zero in on his favorite guy to the detriment of the team and learned from that.

I kind of think of Love (so far) as a guy with Favre's mentality for playmaking but tempered with Rodgers' ability to take care of the ball and enhanced by a lot of Starr's leadership qualities, and with those attributes he has a chance to be special.
From what I have seen he is truly a team player. Does not make excuses. Does not point fingers. When a play goes awry he just gets ready for the next one. I wish him well not only professionally but personally as well.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers didn't always have Adams, previous to that I recall the same type of spreading the ball around

But yeah spot on assessment in the 2nd paragraph

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers didn't always have Adams, previous to that I recall the same type of spreading the ball around

But yeah spot on assessment in the 2nd paragraph
He has one year. Let us wish the best for him. Who knows? He may have a few average years but the team may get farther because THEY are better.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a very good "goldilocks" interpretation. And hey, Favre won one SB slinging it, Rodgers won one protecting the ball, so maybe Love can win two with some balance.

And Love didn't have much of a choice in who he threw to. All of them were rookies or second year guys who Rodgers would rarely go to. It has worked out well.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a very good "goldilocks" interpretation. And hey, Favre won one SB slinging it, Rodgers won one protecting the ball, so maybe Love can win two with some balance.

And Love didn't have much of a choice in who he threw to. All of them were rookies or second year guys who Rodgers would rarely go to. It has worked out well.
Rodgers probably would have picked out a favorite or two and focused on them. Or might have convinced the front office to keep Lazard and/or Cobb.

I think Rodgers learned from watching Favre, not only what to do, but what not do. Same with Love following Rodgers. Clearly Rodgers played more of a mentor role with Love than Favre did with him. I wonder how much Rodgers discussed Favre, and what he learned not to do, with Love.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Nothing against other QB's, or players for that matter in the NFL, but I always can get a sense of "intelligence" when players are interviewed after games. Love may not come off quite as polished as Rodgers, but you get the sense that he is cerebral and intelligent. I think that bodes well for him and any player, but especially a QB.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I agree...it can be special when you marry intelligence with rare physical talent
:roflmao:

When I read that, I was picturing you talking about your wife, a hot swimsuit model, who's full time job is a rocket scientist!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!