2023 Playoffs discussion

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now this is a guy that I would question in terms of his mental acuity.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
So they lose the game, and this guy, Jaquan, on the losing team, says he has no respect, for I guess the receivers.

So the guys Jaquan has no respect for won the game, right?

The reporter should have asked Jaquan how much he respects himself. I would guess it's less than zero, but this guy most certainly failed math and would have no idea what that means.

And BTW, who is Jaquan Brisker?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This is called a CYA (Covering Your ***) statement, but see if you notice how Moore contradicts himself when asked about the now fired OC Luke Getsy.

Moore gave about the most lukewarm endorsement you’ll ever hear: “I think he’s fine. You know, like I said, it just comes down to us being explosive on the offensive side. We got the players to do it. We got our QB to do it. Everything else, we just need to call the plays that put us in position to have explosives.”

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a very good "goldilocks" interpretation. And hey, Favre won one SB slinging it, Rodgers won one protecting the ball, so maybe Love can win two with some balance.
How about Love take the best of Rodgers, Favre, and Starr, and win 7 championships? :D

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about Love take the best of Rodgers, Favre, and Starr, and win 7 championships? :D
20% gunslinger from #4 30% pre snap read and field vision #12 and maybe 50% poise and demeanor from #15. Its all to good to be true. no matter how this week goes. its okay, i want about 8 more games to crown him.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is called a CYA (Covering Your ***) statement, but see if you notice how Moore contradicts himself when asked about the now fired OC Luke Getsy.

Moore gave about the most lukewarm endorsement you’ll ever hear: “I think he’s fine. You know, like I said, it just comes down to us being explosive on the offensive side. We got the players to do it. We got our QB to do it. Everything else, we just need to call the plays that put us in position to have explosives.”
Yeah the OC is fine. We just need someone to draw up explosive plays. Other than that, the OC is fine.

These guys are put in tough situations when asked these questions. The way players and coaches move around, probably better not to diss a guy you may be playing for again down the line. Although rather than lie, better to say "no comment" on that or "next question".

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
20% gunslinger from #4 30% pre snap read and field vision #12 and maybe 50% poise and demeanor from #15. Its all to good to be true. no matter how this week goes. its okay, i want about 8 more games to crown him.
Good assessment all around. What's best to me about Love's play is that it's been progressive. He was close to awful during the 2-5 start, then he'd have a good game, then a clunker, and maybe his last 6 or 7 games he really put it all together. The losses in the last 6 or 7 games I think were mostly defensive performances (weak to terrible).

As good as it looks, I'd like to see another 8 games as well to see if this is growth that will stick, and ideally get even better.

That said, it seems very likely Gluten will extend Love in the off season. It's a bit of a risk, but an acceptable risk. I'd contrast that with the extension given to Campbell, an above average career ILB who had one outstanding year, got his big extension, and then regressed to normal. I don't see that happening with Love.

And I'll finish with some humble pie. I never thought Love had this kind of talent in him, and I expressed that on this forum. Even when they were 2-5, I thought they'd play out the season, win maybe 4 or 5 games, and have a chance to trade up and grab a QB. It's pretty clear now that Love shook off all the noise about succeeding Rodgers and the early losses. He put his head down and learned how to play the position.

I'm happy to say that I was dead wrong.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And I'll finish with some humble pie. I never thought Love had this kind of talent in him, and I expressed that on this forum. Even when they were 2-5, I thought they'd play out the season, win maybe 4 or 5 games, and have a chance to trade up and grab a QB. It's pretty clear now that Love shook off all the noise about succeeding Rodgers and the early losses. He put his head down and learned how to play the position.

I'm not going to brag and say that I was right about Love, but I was.... :roflmao:

Kidding of course. While I was confused by the draft pick at the time, after hearing Gute talk about Love and reading more about him, I warmed up to the pick pretty quickly. As I said back then, picking Love when we had Rodgers might baffle us, but there was a reason for it, so let it play out. No differn't than Ted picking Rodgers when we had Favre. I doubt Gute has a working crystal ball, but he couldn't have been more right about what transpired (over time) after the pick. Now the Love haters/former haters may still continue to blame the Love pick for not going to a SB or for Rodgers seemingly about face with the organization, but I will take those "would have could of been's" in exchange for having Love as our QB of the future. Gute shoved most of his chips in by drafting Love and it appears he may have dealt himself a Royal Flush.

Is Love the Packers 3rd consecutive FHOF? Too early to tell, but his first year as a starter has been better than I expected and his growth and improvement from Game 1 to Game 17 is really hard to ignore.

I'm Love'ing it!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I still think about 75% of his early struggles were directly related to having so many rookies running wrong routes, incorrect route depth, poor spacing, dropping balls, etc and the other 25% to him aiming his throws too much and not simply trusting his arm. Our "rookies" have had so much time on the field that I don't even feel that they are really rookies anymore.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to brag and say that I was right about Love, but I was.... :roflmao:

Kidding of course. While I was confused by the draft pick at the time, after hearing Gute talk about Love and reading more about him, I warmed up to the pick pretty quickly. As I said back then, picking Love when we had Rodgers might baffle us, but there was a reason for it, so let it play out. No differn't than Ted picking Rodgers when we had Favre. I doubt Gute has a working crystal ball, but he couldn't have been more right about what transpired (over time) after the pick. Now the Love haters/former haters may still continue to blame the Love pick for not going to a SB or for Rodgers seemingly about face with the organization, but I will take those "would have could of been's" in exchange for having Love as our QB of the future. Gute shoved most of his chips in by drafting Love and it appears he may have dealt himself a Royal Flush.

Is Love the Packers 3rd consecutive FHOF? Too early to tell, but his first year as a starter has been better than I expected and his growth and improvement from Game 1 to Game 17 is really hard to ignore.

I'm Love'ing it!
Well said. And as to that question of "Would GB have won another SB with a pick other than Love?" - well we'll never know but I would never take that bet.

Along with his reluctance to involve rookies or lesser known players, Rodgers had as much to do with not winning another SB as anything else. And he wasn't a prime-time player. I don't think he choked. He just didn't know how to step up/adjust his game for the moments that count the most. His mind, as it is on most days, is circling Jupiter.

I'm certainly glad he played here. But he's turning into a modern version of Howard Hughes. Don't be surprised if he starts collecting and cataloguing his own urine, and/or lets his finger nails grow a foot long.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I still think about 75% of his early struggles were directly related to having so many rookies running wrong routes, incorrect route depth, poor spacing, dropping balls, etc and the other 25% to him aiming his throws too much and not simply trusting his arm. Our "rookies" have had so much time on the field that I don't even feel that they are really rookies anymore.

Spot on and honestly, I think that is probably THE most impressive thing with what Love has accomplished this season. Imagine what he would have done with the receiving room that the Bengals, Dolphins, Chiefs, Seahawks, Chargers, 49'ers.....heck just about every other team had more experienced and proven players than Love.

If the Packers win a SB this year, it would go down as one of the most unexpected seasons ever in Packer history. If they don't, I just hope if and when they lose, it isn't after a really bad performance by Love and the offense. Prefer seeing them ride out of this season on a high note and momentum going into 2024.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were games when he just did not throw the ball well in the 1st quarter. Bad throws. He has not been doing that lately.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm Love'ing it!
You are 100% correct that we will never know what would have happened if the 2020 draft was for the present instead of the future. My question for you is, does Love have to win a SB with GB or are multiple playoff appearances and wins enough to fully justify the pick?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You are 100% correct that we will never know what would have happened if the 2020 draft was for the present instead of the future. My question for you is, does Love have to win a SB with GB or are multiple playoff appearances and wins enough to fully justify the pick?

No we won't ever know. I can see both sides of the argument as potential for being right.

Your question is a good one. With it, I will ask you another question. Would you swap a 2021 Super Bowl Trophy for 15 years of what the Bears have gone through trying to find a QB?

I think Gute no doubt took a risk in drafting Love, but so far, it appears his gamble could be paying off. If it does, it pays off for many years to come, not with just one day of hoisting another Lombardi.

So to indirectly answer your question. I will take another 15 or so seasons like we had with Rodgers; 1 Super Bowl and a ton of very good seasons, over what the Bears have been doing in that same time frame.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No we won't ever know. I can see both sides of the argument as potential for being right.

Your question is a good one. With it, I will ask you another question. Would you swap a 2021 Super Bowl Trophy for 15 years of what the Bears have gone through trying to find a QB?

I think Gute no doubt took a risk in drafting Love, but so far, it appears his gamble could be paying off. If it does, it pays off for many years to come, not with just one day of hoisting another Lombardi.

So to indirectly answer your question. I will take another 15 or so seasons like we had with Rodgers; 1 Super Bowl and a ton of very good seasons, over what the Bears have been doing in that same time frame.
Good point. In this age of parity and salary caps, it is very difficult to win one SB. It's not like baseball, where teams can be bought by owners with deep pockets, and it's why GB is able to have a team at all.

To your point, we have enjoyed about 30 years of mostly winning football with only two QBs. The Bears will go through two QBs by Thanksgiving, each year. (OK, not lately.). I'll take consistent winning football and if a SB comes along with it that's great.

And most great QBs get their ring(s). There are a few exceptions like Dan Marino and Jim Kelly, maybe a few more. But if an elite QB has a 12 to 15 year career, chances are the ring(s) will come.

And finally, how about the fact that a little town like Green Bay has 30 years of HOF QBs including two SB wins? I remember the 70s and 80s, the lost years, when Walter Payton, Mike Ditka and Jim McMahon owned the Packers. I like the last 30 years much better.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

IMO your question is apples to oranges to my question. Since you did not answer my question I will. I am not a SB or bust guy. Yet I do believe that Love needs to win at least 1 SB for GB for me to completely validate the pick. If he gives the Pack multiple playoff appearances and a few wins along the way I will agree that it was probably a good pick.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
IMO your question is apples to oranges to my question. Since you did not answer my question I will. I am not a SB or bust guy. Yet I do believe that Love needs to win at least 1 SB for GB for me to completely validate the pick. If he gives the Pack multiple playoff appearances and a few wins along the way I will agree that it was probably a good pick.
You are also asking a question that takes 2 perspectives, each one from different time periods.

Your question:

My question for you is, does Love have to win a SB with GB or are multiple playoff appearances and wins enough to fully justify the pick?

So the first part of that is a future perspective, looking back over his career. We don't have an answer for that and in the case of Rodgers, it took 15 seasons of him starting, to fully and accurately reply to whether TT was justified for picking him in 2005. If you now asked me that question about Rodgers, I would say "Yes, the pick was justified."

The selection of Love was already made in 2020. Gute had to pull that trigger then, hoping it would be justified some day. Was it justified? For me the answer to that is unknown at this point in time, but is ever so slowly trending towards "yes". If Love's next 14 years are similar to what Rodgers did, I would say "Yes, the pick was totally justified". If the Packers continue to hover around .500, with only a few playoff appearances here and there, maybe it wasn't justified. However, even that has a wildcard to it. What pieces did Love have around him? There have been some pretty good QB's throughout the history of The NFL, that just had the bad luck of being surrounded by bad GM's, coaches, players.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get it. That's why I do not totally dismiss that if AR had been given 1 or 2 more pieces around him from the 2020 draft that it is conceivable, they could have been to another SB and possibly won. I don't want to get in trouble here so if you respond and I don't that is why.

Members online

Latest posts