2023 Playoffs discussion

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Of the NFC WC teams IMO the Rams have the best route to the NFCCG. We could hang with and beat all the teams on their current path. Even if we didn't beat Tampa a few weeks ago. The last two weeks with the shackles off both sides of the line make this a different team. Cowboys Rams NFCCG. Calling it now.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy not playing up the drama of facing his former team next week. Only 2 active players were in GB when McCarthy was HC: Kenny Clark & Aaron Jones... so not many emotional ties to his old team.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rex Ryan was saying this morning that he has never seen a quarterback make such a drastic improvement in the same season. From one season to another or over a couple of years yeah, but during a season Love has been something else.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean with Watson, Reed, Wicks, Doubs, Melton, Musgrave, Kraft, Jones, and Dillon...they certainly have a lot of weapons

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rex Ryan was saying this morning that he has never seen a quarterback make such a drastic improvement in the same season. From one season to another or over a couple of years yeah, but during a season Love has been something else.
Come on Rex you know you want to coach this defense and have Love on the other side

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playoffs, here we are!

I'd choose to play Lions over Cowboys in game 1. Beating the Lions would be soooo sweet this time around!
Agreed. I would have much preferred the Lions for the reason you mention, and because I think that's a more winnable game than the Cowboys.

Good news as we saw last night is the value of man coverage. Keeps the QB busy looking for open guys and that gives the rush a chance.

I actually am happy to be in. Way beyond my expectations and I don't know that Favre or Rodgers exceeded the performance Love put up in prime time with the season on the line.

And I admit I was a Love doubter before the season began. Glad to have some humble pie on that one.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on Rex you know you want to coach this defense and have Love on the other side
How old is Rex now? I'd be all for this but just like the players, coaching has become a job for younger people. Once Barry is gone, I'm hoping they have their sights on an up and comer DC or even a solid position coach looking for the next step.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy not playing up the drama of facing his former team next week. Only 2 active players were in GB when McCarthy was HC: Kenny Clark & Aaron Jones... so not many emotional ties to his old team.
I mean he still would be linked to the organization and not just the players....but yeah, most of it is just media hype.

I get a feeling this game would be won or lost by Joe Barry.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This play really stood out to me. It shows just how much Love and Reed for that matter, have progressed. That is a lot tougher throw to make than Love makes it appear. He is moving to his left and just zips that ball right into Reed, in stride. This was a thing of beauty.

Also, just a quick note. I am absolutely LOVing Bo Melton. This guy looks legit. Same with Wicks. Yesterday, Wicks was on Fire and Bo was Melt'n them!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, just a quick note. I am absolutely LOVing Bo Melton. This guy looks legit. Same with Wicks. Yesterday, Wicks was on Fire and Bo was Melt'n them!
And that doesn't even mention Reed (Sorry, can't think of a pun. Maybe something about blowing by people?). I don't really want to bag on Rodgers, but I can't help but think he wouldn't be wanting to throw to those guys. With Love, they're developing much faster than they would be under Rodgers, who'd probably be trying to force it to Cobb.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And that doesn't even mention Reed (Sorry, can't think of a pun. Maybe something about blowing by people?). I don't really want to bag on Rodgers, but I can't help but think he wouldn't be wanting to throw to those guys. With Love, they're developing much faster than they would be under Rodgers, who'd probably be trying to force it to Cobb.

Love is doing a great job REEDing the defenses.

Nothing bends more like a Reed in a stiff wind.

Love is like a concert oboist, he has mastered the Reed.

Yeah, I can't come up with any either. ;)

I will say this, Reed is playing like a veteran. He is clicking with Love like they have been playing together for years.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spot on. Rodgers would not be throwing to these guys. He didn't want to threaten his INT number. That's ok except when it becomes an obsession.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I will say this, Reed is playing like a veteran. He is clicking with Love like they have been playing together for years.
And Wicks isn't far behind. His route-running instincts are incredible for a rookie, a fifth round pick.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And Wicks isn't far behind. His route-running instincts are incredible for a rookie, a fifth round pick.
Agree and where both Wicks and Melton are impressing me, is their ability to catch contested balls. As someone who has been complaining about the receiving room for several years, I am more optimistic about it than I have been in a long time.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I prefer these numbers over having a WR like Davante Adams, who more than doubles every other receivers production in a given season. Love that the Packers are really spreading out their production over a number of targets. That is much harder for a defense to game plan against and stop, than an offense that has Davante and a bunch of JAGS.

I could be wrong, but has MLF finally moved away from the behind the line screen passes in the last several games?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This offense is hot for sure - our wick is burning reed hot and melton all over defenses like it is kraft mac n cheese or (mus)gravey over biscuits in the morning.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer these numbers over having a WR like Davante Adams, who more than doubles every other receivers production in a given season. Love that the Packers are really spreading out their production over a number of targets. That is much harder for a defense to game plan against and stop, than an offense that has Davante and a bunch of JAGS.

I could be wrong, but has MLF finally moved away from the behind the line screen passes in the last several games?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Believe it or not the Love fumble play was a busted WR screen to the top...he had to tuck and go for it and if that helmet doesn't hit the ball square he gets it.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spot on. Rodgers would not be throwing to these guys. He didn't want to threaten his INT number. That's ok except when it becomes an obsession.
It's not like Love is throwing a ton of picks. But I'm sure he learned some of that ball safety from Rodgers, got to give credit where due.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is much harder for a defense to game plan against and stop, than an offense that has Davante and a bunch of JAGS.
Not sure about that. Having a clear #1 who can draw double coverage makes it easy for rest of the team.

I agree that ball distribution should be more balanced, not that having a clear #1 WR isn't necessary. (Not that you are saying it).

Reaction score
That’s interesting.
One thing that we forget is we had like 3 contests decided by a last second INT in the paint. Each one was a couple feet under throws or they would’ve been catches, TD’s and Wins or a OT game.

As long as our D keeps us in games and I think someone on a sports show (Rex?) says. “If The Packers play like as top 8-12 Defense? they can compete with anyone”
The Bears should’ve never been inside 2 scores, that score was much closer than it should’ve been.

Staff online

Members online