2023 Playoffs discussion

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Now we get a near full week of listening to the talking heads blather on and on, ad nauseam about how over-matched the Packers are compared with the 9'ers.

9'ers used to be my second favorite NFL team as a kid because we Packers' fans needed a team to root for in the playoffs in the early-to-mid 70's, and the 9'ers had John Brodie and the Gene Washington that didn't irritate me back then (the Vikings had a Gene Washington too) - it's a little harder these days to pull for them if you're not a die hard 9'er fan.

Never ceases to amaze me how the 9'ers ALWAYS seem to have cap room to add the latest toy to their tool box (we know how they did it in the past, as the Broncos did during their short lived run).

Anyway, go Pack. These guys are doing their thing and here's to hoping that none of the national talking heads go off script and talk about the Pack in way complimentary.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers are 4-1 when they score 40+ points in a playoff game. Doubt Barry's D can hold SF under 39 so the offense knows what to do. GB 45, SF 43.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, but I hope it keeps happening. Especially if they hire Belichick.

Not that I have anything against Belichick exactly, but the combination of the Cowboys, Jerry Jones, and Belichick? Just too nauseating. Especially if they fire McCarthy, who has won 12 games a year with them, he doesn't deserve it.
In some ways Jerry is kind of the George Steinbrenner of football. George once fired a manager who won 103 games. 5 years later the manager won a WS....for another team.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packets are 4-1 when they score 40+ points in a playoff game. Doubt Barry's D can hold SF under 39 so the offense knows what to do. GB 45, SF 43.
I mean, the Redskins held them to 27 a couple weeks ago, so... there's that.

formerlybis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven’t gone through the whole thread, but just stopped in to say that it might help this offense to play in ideal conditions (I.e. not at Lambeau). SF may not be ideal weather by next weekend, but probably > GB. And if the season continues, root against Philly….

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven’t gone through the whole thread, but just stopped in to say that it might help this offense to play in ideal conditions (I.e. not at Lambeau). SF may not be ideal weather by next weekend, but probably > GB. And if the season continues, root against Philly….
And we really should not be making a team that is built for bad weather either. To win it all; you have to be able to play in both. But actually, bad weather just evens things out a lot of times. Not with Miami obviously. But the powers that be don't ever want a bad weather Super Bowl if they can help it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the 49s are against the run?
I thought I remember it being ranked just below average. I really haven't watched much of the 9'ers this year, but much like Dallas, the key to beating them will be to stuff that offense of theirs.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What the hell are you on about?
You blaming "the woke mob" for the reason that Washington finally did what just about every other grade school, high school, College, semi-pro, pro, business, bands, etc. did many years ago...they got out of the pre 60's mentality.

You calling it "woke mob" is right up there with all the idiots that consider(ed) the KKK good people.