Wide Receiver Options

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't expect I would be able to trick any of you but it seems that the disdain for Rodgers is that high amongst some Packers fans that you don't even think for a moment before criticizing him.

Actually, it wasn't Rodgers who said the things about receivers he doesn't trust I posted above but the GOAT Tom Brady.
Well, it sounds like ARod, and Brady has looked for all his receivers all his career so I don't understand the quotes. It isn't how he plays imo. And I don't have disdain for Aaron but I don't think he is perfect.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, it sounds like ARod, and Brady has looked for all his receivers all his career so I don't understand the quotes. It isn't how he plays imo. And I don't have disdain for Aaron but I don't think he is perfect.

It's pretty obvious you don't understand that a quarterback needs to trust a receiver to target him, even after reading what the GOAT thinks about it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Of course it isn't, never said it was. It's actually on par with his production efficiency per target not even an increase of it really. His career Y/R is 13.28 which would be 664 yards if targeted 50 times.

Just to clarify, Lazard would need to have 50 receptions to put up 664 yards.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't expect I would be able to trick any of you but it seems that the disdain for Rodgers is that high amongst some Packers fans that you don't even think for a moment before criticizing him.

Actually, it wasn't Rodgers who said the things about receivers he doesn't trust I posted above but the GOAT Tom Brady.

I wonder how many more big games Brady could have won if he just targeted whoever was lined up at receiver instead of needing to trust them before throwing the ball their way.
Saying Brady could have won more big games if he had done X is hilarious. The difference between Brady and Rodgers is LEADERSHIP … and Brady steps UP in big games while Rodgers has wilted

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, I can't believe people don't understand the importance of guys being where they're supposed to be and doing what they're supposed to do on a down to down basis in practice and games. Offenses can't function if they're not. It doesn't matter if it's a 50/50 or an 80/20. It's all timing and flow and if you're ****ing it up you're not helping. It shouldn't take a HOF QB saying trust in guys being where they're supposed to be and knowing the offense is important for us to all understand that.

I totally agree with Mondio here.

As a pro NFL receiver, the most important part is toe learn the Offense and know your routes. AR will obviously, probably 99% of the time know all the routes, timing, depth of routes, concepts, etc.

So it's VERY integral that the WRs we have, or will get, do "know" the playbook and MLF's O... Otherwise, it's like why even run the play? lol I suppose if we wanted to go back to MM's O which was predictable and just basically didn't work lol

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is not always the case. Not even most of the time.

Yes, it is. Receivers run precise routes, that they practice over and over and over and over. The run and shot doesn’t exist anymore. If a play breaks down then it’s a scramble drill, but that’s, hopefully, not what the quarterback is counting on.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saying Brady could have won more big games if he had done X is hilarious. The difference between Brady and Rodgers is LEADERSHIP … and Brady steps UP in big games while Rodgers has wilted

Don’t forget the amazing linebacker coaching Brady does! He’s only ever won Super Bowls when he’s had an elite defense and that’s what Brady’s leadership is, great linebacker coaching.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, it is. Receivers run precise routes, that they practice over and over and over and over. The run and shot doesn’t exist anymore. If a play breaks down then it’s a scramble drill, but that’s, hopefully, not what the quarterback is counting on.

This simply isn't true. Depending on where a DB is setting up or which way there legs are can trigger a receiver to break a route at a different time or angle...the difference may be minute but this is why cohesiveness between QB and WR like Adams and Rodgers had is a thing of beauty. The play call could be for Davante to run a five yard in, but due to pre snap coverage read he changes it just slightly to perhaps a slant....it happens a lot, not every play and not every receiver but there is a reason why familiarity is crucial sometimes for a successful connection.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty obvious you don't understand that a quarterback needs to trust a receiver to target him, even after reading what the GOAT thinks about it.
If he said that he would not throw to someone he distrusts; I could understand it. But this have to have confidence is just ridiculous.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you wanna stay with that dysfunctional franchise?

Don't know if he wants to stay in Washington or not.

Don't know if he wants to come to Green Bay or not.

He's a good player, that I know. If all the concerned parties are interested, I think he'd be a good get for the Pack.

Whether they are or not is an unknown for the moment.

I personally haven't heard any credible evidence that he's hot to come here.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This simply isn't true. Depending on where a DB is setting up or which way there legs are can trigger a receiver to break a route at a different time or angle...the difference may be minute but this is why cohesiveness between QB and WR like Adams and Rodgers had is a thing of beauty. The play call could be for Davante to run a five yard in, but due to pre snap coverage read he changes it just slightly to perhaps a slant....it happens a lot, not every play and not every receiver but there is a reason why familiarity is crucial sometimes for a successful connection.

I agree 100% but how is my saying precise routes are necessary rebutted by you adding that option routes exist? I agree, but option routes don’t mean precise route running isn’t necessary.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100% but how is my saying precise routes are necessary rebutted by you adding that option routes exist? I agree, but option routes don’t mean precise route running isn’t necessary.

I may have misread what you’d meant if so apologies

D

Deleted member 6794

You completely missed the point I was trying to make. I'm not surprised by it at all though.

If he said that he would not throw to someone he distrusts; I could understand it. But this have to have confidence is just ridiculous.

It's actually ridiculous that you still can't admit that a quarterback needs to trust his receivers to target them. I'm convinced you would be the first one criticizing Rodgers for throwing an interception because of a receiver running the wrote route.

PS. I’m learning to cope from the anxiety caused from my Wife’s incessant nitpicking. You Sir have taken runner up. :tup:

Damn it, I'm disappointed I wasn't able to end up in the top spot ;)

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's actually ridiculous that you still can't admit that a quarterback needs to trust his receivers to target them.
"If you gotta have somethin in order to get somethin; how you get the first is still a mystery to me." Ray Charles

Reaction score
Damn it, I'm disappointed I wasn't able to end up in the top spot
It’s never too late my friend! :laugh:

Burks and Wilson and I’ll sleep fine at night.

I’d be fine with Burks, Pickens and Thornton for a 2nd place option. :whistling:

In all seriousness. We might take 3

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Practice isn't a mystery...well, to most people at least.
I once saw Rodgers throw a ball on 3rd down two yards shy of the first down. The receiver (who forever after did not have the trust of ARod) had gone just past the 1st down line. And was open enough to catch a ball but not open so much that he could have gained yardage after. Rodgers was really angry and gave his "I am disgusted" look. That is something I have never liked about ARod. I think the past two years he has lightened up and he should have. Unless a receiver drops balls; I think you should throw it to him when he is open. And honestly, on that play, he could have thrown to the receiver instead of some point that he had practiced. Rodgers has been a great QB. The best ever...no. I'm glad he has played for the Packers. It's made things competitive. I am glad Favre was a Packer also. Even though the interceptions would drive me nuts. I feel like I am allowed to criticize.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers needs a little more Favre in his game...Favre took too many risks Rodgers too few

And yeah thats some primadonna **** to throw to the spot even though you could throw to the wr and complete it

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Buzz that Sammy Watkins will be signing in GB.

Obviously not THE solution, but a good move to improve the depth chart (if it ends up being accurate).

Members online

No members online now.