Studs n duds Titans

Reaction score
I’m going to come to Josh Myers aid. While there has been almost dismay for him, he had a terrific game. On rewatch I saw at least 2 plays where he was wrestling a Defender at the second level and directly influencing a big play. This time he cleaned up illegal downfield and delayed just enough. I think Josh 2 notable areas he’s great at is holding Anchor and Run Blocking (both levels). Probably why he’s so excited to run downfield they must’ve concentrated on that at OSU. 0 Penalties he ran clean and he is the literally the Anchor of the NFL’s #1 Rushing Offense. Now he got made fun of last week and many were jumping on him for being sick and it was good for banter! :laugh: The way I see it is He also plays through pain, hes no softy.
Both Josh and Sean had a terrific day they were the only OL with no deal breaker flags.

Also Stud to Daniel Whelan
5 X 244 yards 48.8 average
63 Long
I call 50 yards average a field tilter. He’s near-field tilting.

He had 1 punt that scraped the Endzone chalk and bounced backward. Whelan was 4” from contending for “Punter of the Week” with a 53 yard average. Just a fabulous effort stepping up when we need him. He’s quietly having a good season.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't Stokes covering D Hop on the TD and he missed the tackle as well?
Yes. But can't really hold that against him imho. I'm still not convinced he's going to be our starter but hasn't stood out much. Which is a good thing.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't Stokes covering D Hop on the TD and he missed the tackle as well?

D Hop is one of the best in the league, and if Stokes left foot stays firm I think it could have been a stalemate at the goal line till help came. Stokes was in great coverage given who and where they were, his left foot slips and he still almost got the leverage needed to drive him back but sadly was fighting a one legged fight against a two.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see just how much the interceptions continue. There will be games against top 10 qb's where the opportunities will diminish but I sure like the fact they aren't playing soft zone very much. Alexander was a beast yesterday. If he and X-man play at that level this season they'll be special. He thwarted Ridley. 1 catch for 9 yards.
Agree.
Ridley is complete garbage. He's a loser.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I going to come to Josh Myers aid. While there has been almost dismay for him, he had a terrific game. On rewatch I saw at least 2 plays where he was wrestling a Defender at the second level. This time he cleaned up illegal downfield and delayed just enough. I think Josh 2 notable areas he’s great at is holding Anchor and Run Blocking (both levels). 0 Penalties he ran clean and he is the literally the Anchor of the NFL’s #1 Rushing Offense. Now he got made fun of last week and many were jumping on him for being sick. The way I see it is He also plays through pain, hes no softy.
Both Josh and Sean had a terrific day they were the only OL with no deal breaker flags.

63 Long
I saw a play another center made where he chipped a lineman on his way out to the second level. Did not cost the guy a thing. Just a quick chip. It definitely helped out the guard. I'm glad if Myers is playing better. I just really don't know. I worry about him getting outmuscled at the los for running plays and wonder how he is doing in tandem with the guards.

Reaction score
D Hop is one of the best in the league, and if Stokes left foot stays firm I think it could have been a stalemate at the goal line till help came. Stokes was in great coverage given who and where they were, his left foot slips and he still almost got the leverage needed to drive him back but sadly was fighting a one legged fight against a two.
One small thing I would suggest to Stokes that might elevate his game. I’ve noticed it on multiple occasions. Overall he does a good job staying sticky and even that play he’s right there. When our DL is having a field day in pass rush, Stokes needs to look back to the ball when his WR positions himself for a catch. Had Stokes just turned around 0.5 seconds earlier and played the ball I think it’s either an INT or at minimum a deflection. Go back and look at Rasul that’s where he excelled.

He gets caught with his back to the ball giving up a big play. It’s often by less than a foot, so he’s not getting burned or anything like that. He basically does all the “heavy lifting “ then the reward..he misses.
It Reminds me of Wyatt, he would get lots of pressures at Georgia, but his Sack numbers didn’t reflect it. Time to work on finishing

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One small thing I would suggest to Stokes that might elevate his game. I’ve noticed it on multiple occasions. Overall he does a good job staying sticky and even that play he’s right there. When our DL is having a field day in pass rush, Stokes needs to look back to the ball when his WR positions himself for a catch. Had Stokes just turned around
0.5 seconds earlier and played the ball I think it’s either an INT or at minimum a deflection.

I'll have to watch it closer on the All22 - I don't recall noting head position for him on that play directly. You could be right.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m going to come to Josh Myers aid. While there has been almost dismay for him, he had a terrific game. On rewatch I saw at least 2 plays where he was wrestling a Defender at the second level and directly influencing a big play. This time he cleaned up illegal downfield and delayed just enough. I think Josh 2 notable areas he’s great at is holding Anchor and Run Blocking (both levels). Probably why he’s so excited to run downfield they must’ve concentrated on that at OSU. 0 Penalties he ran clean and he is the literally the Anchor of the NFL’s #1 Rushing Offense. Now he got made fun of last week and many were jumping on him for being sick and it was good for banter! :laugh: The way I see it is He also plays through pain, hes no softy.

63 Long

He had 1 punt that scraped the Endzone chalk and bounced backward. Whelan was 4” from contending for “Punter of the Week” with a 53 yard average. Just a fabulous effort stepping up when we need him. He’s quietly having a good season.

Sean had his best game ever 100% agree. Josh still to me isn't the center he was his rookie year, but he was a far cry from what he has been and did play solid this week.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
quite a statement. In what way? Is this a personality thing or do you actually think he's not a good player?
I don't know anything about his personality. I've always seen Ridley as being a very selfish player who is weak willed and mentally unfit to play football on a good team. I think he's a total chunk blower.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Sean had his best game ever 100% agree. Josh still to me isn't the center he was his rookie year, but he was a far cry from what he has been and did play solid this week.
Simmons and Sweat are tough to move. Kudos to our O linemen who played well, penalties withstanding.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely. Send them a sympathy card. Our run D was suspect and they only ran it 11 times?
Lol, I spent the time to read all 116 pages of the titans report fan forum. It was great free entertainment and they also utilize some very funny meme's. I knew they'd be in total meltdown mode after they traded Willis to us 3 weeks ago and he dialed up that gem and wrecked them yesterday. They didn't disappoint! Was especially comical since LaFleur used to be there and Levis appears to be very poorly coached. The funny thing is...... how similar many of their posters are to a fair number of ours on gameday and how when things started going very badly for them early how they began cannibalizing each other with very profane name calling towards each other. Clearly the site doesn't have any moderators. It was much worse than the Cowboys forum. Could easily follow the game flow just by the commentary and the Alexander pic 6 was just sheer comedy. It made me feel a little sorry for Will Levis but I've managed to get over it.

Otoh, they were extremely complimentary about the Packers players and coaches, especially LaFleur who was made out to be how we view Andy Reid. Always interesting to see how people on the other side of the fence view us.

Reaction score
Nixon has been a good Slot CB. Hes not flashy, but he’s often seen shooting into a play to mitigate any substantial gain. Great hustle he uses his speed or agility and then he’s good at form tackling. Unspectacular but a solid Defender.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has been an average at best slot CB. I won't ever use good, above average or solid to describe Nixon in the slot.

Reaction score
Lol, I spent the time to read all 116 pages of the titans report fan forum. It was great free entertainment and they also utilize some very funny meme's. I knew they'd be in total meltdown mode after they traded Willis to us 3 weeks ago and he dialed up that gem and wrecked them yesterday. They didn't disappoint! Was especially comical since LaFleur used to be there and Levis appears to be very poorly coached. The funny thing is...... how similar many of their posters are to a fair number of ours on gameday and how when things started going very badly for them early how they began cannibalizing each other with very profane name calling towards each other. Clearly the site doesn't have any moderators. It was much worse than the Cowboys forum. Could easily follow the game flow just by the commentary and the Alexander pic 6 was just sheer comedy. It made me feel a little sorry for Will Levis but I've managed to get over it.

Otoh, they were extremely complimentary about the Packers players and coaches, especially LaFleur who was made out to be how we view Andy Reid. Always interesting to see how people on the other side of the fence view us.
I did the same thing. I like to look at Titan commentary and they were livid. They made us sound like SB Champions. We really did abuse their Defense. Initially the Titans Defense was stopping many plays for short gains or - plays. Eventually I think the Titans D just wore down. I mean we actually ran the ball 42 times which is a heavy dose to handle for any team.

We stayed patient with the Run and played some keep away. Another game where we Won the time of possession 32:5 to 27.5.

So I guess another Stud to MLF for exercising ball control l. It worked

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nixon has been a good Slot CB. Hes not flashy, but he’s often seen shooting into a play to mitigate any substantial gain. Great hustle he uses his speed or agility and then he’s good at form tackling. Unspectacular but a solid Defender.
I like him too. He is a good tackler and he really looks to help out when he can.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, it's not. Titans have an excellent run defense and we torched it. They also have a pretty decent pass rush and they only got two sacks. You don't win playoff games with bad offensive lines.
In at least 1 and a half out of 3 games our running backs have been getting stuffed running right through the middle. No gain, loss of yards, 1 yard gains. The only team we've had luck is when we've run between Walker and Jenkins or right over Jenkins ***. Try to go over Myers or between Myers and Rhyan...stuffed just about every damn time. And I firmly believe the only reason we had success against Philly in the 2nd half was because the pass set up the run and by the time the run game got going Philly's D was gassed.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Hafley and the Defense...8 sacks, 3 turnovers, Defensive TD, 14 Pts allowed.
MLF, Willis, WR's and Kraft blocking downfield
I surprised that nobody else mentioned Kraft. He had a FANTASTIC game. He was steamrolling and pancaking defenders as a blocker. He also had that 21yd reception. His stats of 2 for 24yds doesn't tell how crucial he is in making our team the #1 rushing offense.

On top of it all - just as the sideline reporter said that he was questionable for returning with a shoulder injury, the tv camera switched to a shot of him on the field seconds later. STUD

I found this video of his blocking on the Willis run while looking for his stat line from last night:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm amending my studs to include Willis and LaFleur. Both have been extraordinary the last two weeks given the circumstances. We are truly blessed.

Reaction score
Devonte Wyatt across his first 3 Contests

6 Solo
3 Sacks
1 FR
5 QB Hits
5 TFL

Thats an “All Pro” Start to his 2024 season. Let’s keep it going Devonte!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy thing is Malik Willis finished with a great line 13 of 19 for 202 and 1 TD....BUT if Jayden doesn't drop his there is more yards and another Tuddy....and Kraft dropping that third down easy first down roll out would have assuredly done more.

Put simply Malik Willis has strung two games together now simply being a starting level QB...this Titans game illustrated more of his arm chops than Indy game did of course - but man this two game stretch if it is all he sees this year - WAS SPECIAL.

Reaction score
Crazy thing is Malik Willis finished with a great line 13 of 19 for 202 and 1 TD....BUT if Jayden doesn't drop his there is more yards and another Tuddy....and Kraft dropping that third down easy first down roll out would have assuredly done more.

Put simply Malik Willis has strung two games together now simply being a starting level QB...this Titans game illustrated more of his arm chops than Indy game did of course - but man this two game stretch if it is all he sees this year - WAS SPECIAL.
Amazing. I heard Matt in an interview saying that Fans think they understand but they don’t understand how rare it is for this to happen.
You sign a guy for next to nothing, then 2 weeks later he’s playing like an average Starter and goes 2-0. Malik’s value just skyrocketed, he could even be that Jalen Hurts or Justin Fields type QB that late blossoms.

As you said somewhere. If he stacks 1-2 more performances like that? His value could be beyond belief. Not that I want it. Yet if he played the Vikings and edged them out with a similar performance? He’d likely command a Day 2 grade draft pick just for a chance if the $$ was right

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Duds : OL sloppy penalties. Do that against a good team and likely lose over that. 10 Penalties needs to Stop
I've seen this noted by others as well and agree with everyone. 10 penalties for 75 yards. Insert thumbs down here. :tdown:
Studs :
MLF Gameplan controlling clock
Coach of the year so far.
Devonte Wyatt
4 Tackles 2 Sacks 2 TFL 3 QB hits
J’aire scoring 7 pts
Xavier 3 INT 3 games
Enagbare Sack fumble
Preston 2 Sacks 2
Lukas Van Ness Sack, Fumble recov
Really the entire LB group had individual Highlights great hustle.
Jeff Hafley getting the most out of his Defense. Holding TN to their season low 17 points
Agreed on all the above. Enagbare looked scary out there. I'd rather not be chased around by that individuarl. Van Ness engulfed Levis.
Malik Willis is a Godsend. He’s really performed well in GB. 275 single handed and 375 yards of Offense. Willis had already earned his 7th Round selection. 2-0
He's playing within himself and executing the game plan. Seems like he is having fun too.