Game 13 - NY Giants - Studs and Duds

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs- Wicks
Duds- Barry, MFL
Alexander - team needed him tonight and he sat it out.
Love- Without Watson he struggles
Why do you give a dud to a guy who is injured? I get it is frustrating not having him out there but I understand why they didn't want him out there on that crappy field.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you give a dud to a guy who is injured? I get it is frustrating not having him out there but I understand why they didn't want him out there on that crappy field.

Some people just actually can't control their anger after a loss and attack everyone they can, be it a random player, other posters, their dog, etc. I call it Mahomesism.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Wicks
Kraft
Dillon (when MLF let him out there)
Heath on that last TD

Duds - Barry for allowing a lousy NYG team to look like world beaters
MLF for falling in love the the WR reverse, not running the ball enough and time management (again)
Love. He had 2 TOs and wasn't sharp most of the night but redeemed himself on that last drive
Nixon. Don't get up and try to run after muffing, just fall on it and secure the possession. That free FG we gave them was the difference in the end.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh well, bed time. We'll get 'em next week fellas. I'll be there and I'll see to it personally. A loss is only truly a loss if you fail to learn from it.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Entire team and coach prepped for this like we have the SB in the bag. Typical slacking off after previous successful weeks and taking the Giants for granted.

Will have to place this loss on MLF for both the meh playcalling and lack of mental fortitude to win.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me ask an honest and poignant question:

Who played or coached well tonight?

Truthfullly....Wicks continued to get open (separation skills are special), Reed and Dillon all jumped straight to my mind. And to be honest a handful of Love's balls were special...

Duds - EVERYONE else + Love a handful or more times where he looked autrocious.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: offensive line. Giants had the worst DLine in the NFL. 3 out of 4 were not in the PFF top 100. The bottom 10%, and yet they manhandled our OLine.

Studs: Andy Herman. Suggested that if the Packers lose this one that there will be idiots calling for coaches and the GM to be fired, Clifford to be the starter, and so on. I thought, no way. Folks can't be that foolish and ignorant.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: offensive line. Giants had the worst DLine in the NFL. 3 out of 4 were not in the PFF top 100. The bottom 10%, and yuletide they manhandled our OLine.

Studs: Andy Herman. Suggested that if the Packers lose this one that there will be idiots calling for coaches and the GM to be fired, Clifford to be the starter, and so on. I thought, no way. Folks can't be that foolish and ignorant.

I don't think we can discuss enough how BAD of a night the OL had. I honestly think that was Tom's WORST game as a pro.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we can discuss enough how BAD of a night the OL had. I honestly think that was Tom's WORST game as a pro.
I actually started thinking OL wasn't as huge a need going into the draft. At the losing streak I was think 3 of our top 5 picks. Now, I am right back there.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually started thinking OL wasn't as huge a need going into the draft. At the losing streak I was think 3 of our top 5 picks. Now, I am right back there.

We are stacked with depth IMO....but only because I'd love to make Walker the LT2 and Runyan the RG2 as example through the draft LOL.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Stud - um, I guess some of the receivers like Wicks looked good. Kraft too.

Duds - I'll keep it short. The fact that we still can't stop the run after drafting defense over and over again. I have to give that dud to Barry. Matt LaFleur for some real bone headed decisions tonight with the challenge and some of the play calling. Last but not least, Nixon. Dude just wasn't it tonight.
I think the problems is that all of those players are injured. Walker, Stokes, and Alexander were all out. I know they have played well and won games without them, but at some point it starts catching up with you. Walker being out hurt.

Super dud: Barry who can't figure out how to stop the run to save his job. Even pulling out those previous games against better opponents they still ran wild on us.

Krabs

Reaction score
Duds: AJ Dillion: 15 carries for only 53 yards. Need more than that. Love: 2 turnovers and still can't figure out the long ball. Was off most of the night even with shorter throws. Run defense: 209 yards given up on the ground. No sacks against the team that gives up the most sacks of the night. The turnovers the Packers got were not created by the defense. With a minute thirty left in the game they let one of the worst starting QBs in the league drive down the field with little to no resistance to kick the game winner. Overall a pathetic performance by the defense. And yes, I did just say that key players were out on the defense. One could argue having to play your 3rd string QB is even tougher. Bad... bad... bad...
MLF: Making love to end arounds all night long. The first one worked for a TD. The rest were just bad calls. An end around on the 2 point conversion try? Come on! Let Love try and make a play. The end around has one option. Passing has several. Bad play calling against a really bad defense.

Studs: Frustration leads me to say none. However, Kraft, Doubs and Reed did have good games. Heath made a heck of a play to take the lead at the end of the game as well. I'll give them some love.

Side note, I did like how Love responded to an off night and almost got the job done. He's got cleaning up to do in his game for sure, but I'll give him that he didn't give up.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: AJ Dillion: 15 carries for only 53 yards. Need more than that. Love: 2 turnovers and still can't figure out the long ball. Was off most of the night even with shorter throws. Run defense: 209 yards given up on the ground. No sacks against the team that gives up the most sacks of the night. The turnovers the Packers got were not created by the defense. With a minute thirty left in the game they let one of the worst starting QBs in the league drive down the field with little to no resistance to kick the game winner. Overall a pathetic performance by the defense. And yes, I did just say that key players were out on the defense. One could argue having to play your 3rd string QB is even tougher. Bad... bad... bad...
MLF: Making love to end arounds all night long. The first one worked for a TD. The rest were just bad calls. An end around on the 2 point conversion try? Come on! Let Love try and make a play. The end around has one option. Passing has several. Bad play calling against a really bad defense.

Studs: Frustration leads me to say none. However, Kraft, Doubs and Reed did have good games. Heath made a heck of a play to take the lead at the end of the game as well. I'll give them some love.

Side note, I did like how Love responded to an off night and almost got the job done. He's got cleaning up to do in his game for sure, but I'll give him that he didn't give up.

Aj Dillon put up if you take away the DUMB pass to him Love had that was negative ten yards put up 53 yards on 15 carries with an AUTROCIOUS OL and 25 yards (really like 35) through the air. Dillon was not close to a dud - disagree.

Krabs

Reaction score
Aj Dillon put up if you take away the DUMB pass to him Love had that was negative ten yards put up 53 yards on 15 carries with an AUTROCIOUS OL and 25 yards (really like 35) through the air. Dillon was not close to a dud - disagree.
Well, middling then. The pass play doesn't count in his running stats. I like Dillon and hope they bring him back. The oline also didn't play well and that resulted in some bad carries for him as well. I'll agree to take him off the list. I just think we need more out of 15 carries. It's really an oline problem too.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, middling then. The pass play doesn't count in his running stats. I like Dillon and hope they bring him back. The oline also didn't play well and that resulted in some bad carries for him as well. I'll agree to take him off the list. I just think we need more out of 15 carries. It's really an oline problem too.

To get the yards he did with a OL that looked like we only had four out there I'm sorry is anything but a dud. That disregarding his receiving yards - which is also bull because all purpose yards is why Jones is so lethal and Reed. Sorry just strongly disagree with throwing shade at a guy that is one of the only guys that was consistently good last night.

Krabs

Reaction score
To get the yards he did with a OL that looked like we only had four out there I'm sorry is anything but a dud. That disregarding his receiving yards - which is also bull because all purpose yards is why Jones is so lethal and Reed. Sorry just strongly disagree with throwing shade at a guy that is one of the only guys that was consistently good last night.
Point is, we need more than 50 yards on 15 carries. I'm not disregarding passing plays. I'm specifically addressing the lack of yardage on the ground.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except that Dillon is so slow when he has to adjust running into the line. He is so slow to make little turns that he almost stands still.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Penalties which equals undisciplined play. They lead the league in sts penalties. Every damn week there's sts penalties..or missed blocks on fg attempts..or fumbles or missed fgs..or roughing.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really missed Watson this game. I'd give a stud to Kraft. He catches everything and has more ability than Musgrave to gain some yards after the catch. Hard to give the receivers much love. Almost all the passes were very short. But hard to tell because Love was not making good throws, especially in the first half. Maybe a stud for Heath because the TD was such a good catch.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Duds: Carlson (lost us the game)
I can point to about 20+ other players and coaches that "lost us the game" last night. Carslon on his own, did not "lose us the game." If there was ever a "Team Loss", that was it. So many mental errors and bad decisions from MLF, all the way down to the ball boy.