Brayden Narveson

Reaction score
Former Packer kicking option, Greg Joseph, was signed to the NYGiants 53 from the Lion's PS last week. Missed (badly) his only attempt from 48 yds with 3 minutes left, which didn't change the outcome (Giants still won). Appears Gute made the right decision getting Narveson, but he needs a couple of 100% accurate games to remove the naysayer pressure.
I agree. This would be a good time for Narveson to redeem himself.
3/3 FG 51 Long
3/3 XPM

JPPT1974

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is new just really hope he can live and learn. As really think that hopefully he will be a long term kicking solution.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The crazy thing is he has been called upon to do FGs twice as much than nearly half the kickers in the league.

His 11 attempts is tied with Boswell for the most in the league through three weeks.
Only 19 kickers have kicked at least 6 or more kicks.

Of those with 8 kicks or more....% numbers for them are:
Boswell - 90.9%
Narveson - 81.8%
Aubrey - 100%
Lutz - 100%
Moody - 88.9%
Seibert - 100%
McPherson - 87.5%
Fairbarn - 87.5%
Tucker - 62.5%

Everyone, including Narveson, know there is better in his foot - but truthfully speaking does no one remember Crosby had 7 seasons in GB and 8 in his career with a percentage UNDER 80%....

I mean guys like Butker who is considered one of the better kickers...has only had 3 seasons over 90% out of his seven seasons.
McPherson - has had zero seasons over 85%
Tucker - considered by many to be the premiere kicker...has had 6 seasons out of his 12 completed years where he didn't break 90%

He's also one of the 14 left standing that have a perfect XP %

Narveson is striking the ball excellently and I have a lot of hope about his future.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Greg Joseph has a job for now. 5 for 5. I'm happy to have Narveson until he proves me wrong.

Reaction score
Everyone, including Narveson, know there is better in his foot - but truthfully speaking does no one remember Crosby had 7 seasons in GB and 8 in his career with a percentage UNDER 80%....
Very good point.

I just looked up and did the math and broke up Crosby’s first 8 seasons

79.1% FGM

The back 9 (seasons) of his career?

83.9%

I’ll let you each deduce what you want from that. For me it speaks to pretty substantial evidence that a PlaceKicker can get better over time.
The 81.8% number Narveson has? ironically splits the uprights of Crosby’s career 81.3% average. He’s very young and I believe with time can achieve that 85% area, which is a solid NFL Kicker. IMO the number to worry about in a Rookie season hovers around 75%, whereas 80% gets more vicinity of normal, 85% vicinity is really good and 90% is elite.

Justin Tucker is the model for Success and his career is 89.7%

Last edited:
Reaction score
For myself. Narveson is a keeper if he hovers around 80-85% in his Rookie season, which is where he’s floating. I’m probably not totally giving up at 79.5% etc. unless he’s missing XPA or some other glaring hole there.

Something just tells me he’s going to hit a longer one coming up here. Like a 57 yarder. That would redeem a miss or two.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The crazy thing is he has been called upon to do FGs twice as much than nearly half the kickers in the league.

His 11 attempts is tied with Boswell for the most in the league through three weeks.
Only 19 kickers have kicked at least 6 or more kicks.

Of those with 8 kicks or more....% numbers for them are:
Boswell - 90.9%
Narveson - 81.8%
Aubrey - 100%
Lutz - 100%
Moody - 88.9%
Seibert - 100%
McPherson - 87.5%
Fairbarn - 87.5%
Tucker - 62.5%

I mean guys like Butker who is considered one of the better kickers...has only had 3 seasons over 90% out of his seven seasons.
McPherson - has had zero seasons over 85%
Tucker - considered by many to be the premiere kicker...has had 6 seasons out of his 12 completed years where he didn't break 90%

He's also one of the 14 left standing that have a perfect XP %

Narveson is striking the ball excellently and I have a lot of hope about his future.
And Aubrey missed one finally last night. That after kicking a 60 yarder.

Members online

No members online now.