Arizona @ Green Bay Pregame Chatter

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
In evaluating a high draft pick like Musgrave, its important to keep in mind the higher the pick, the greater the investment and the more a player has to produce to pay back that investment. High draft picks need to be quality starters or better for 4-6 seasons to pay off. A bust shouldn't always mean no production or that label would rarely fit anyone. I think it's reasonable to say a "busted" pick is a high draft choice (rounds 1-3) that doesn't develop into a quality starter. If those picks don't develop, it usually leaves a gaping hole in the roster. With 24 starters, a typical GM needs to find at least 4 good starters every year given the average player longevity. Those starters and most of the pro bowl quality players are picked in the first 3 rounds. Getting a gem in the later rounds happens and Gute is a great at finding them, but it's just rarer than finding a great player in the first 3 rounds.
Oh I agree more with that. But at what point do we make that Bust declaration? I think it’s just as possible he comes back after the Bye and regains his form.

Listen for a moment. I know he’s been non existent but lets Dig a little here.

Game 1 was a scrimmage it’s a total crap shoot. He plays 25% Snaps

Game 2,3 was an anomoly of Running the ball

Game 4 was Jordan trying to find his way against what’s arguably a top 5 Defense on a gimpy knee and that’s the game Musgrave turned his ankle.

Game 5 he suited up only as an emergency plan but he didn’t even play. He gets an A+ for toughness apparently his ankle was all messed up and he suited up anyway. That right there. Thats a significant move by Musgrave and when I learned that I was impressed. He was willing to play at LA if needed and that’s toughness. I’m going to defend him a little he deserves it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.