Anders Carlson

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If they lost 4 in a row, the Niners would be due for a win when they get to GB. I'd rather see them win one in there, preferably against the Cowboys.
The Cowboys don't scare me, let them beat the Niners. I would rather see the Niners all but eliminated from the NFC playoffs with a 3-7 record when they arrive in Green Bay.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
When Anders hit that 55 yarder I thought "Oh jeeeez, seriously, the dude is good now?" His doinked XP, coupled with McManus's winning kick early, assured me all was well in GB.

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depending upon the health of the Niners starting kicker, it's possible Carlson plays against the Packers in a couple if weeks. He could get cut in the mean time but maybe it's too soon to bury this thread.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Depending upon the health of the Niners starting kicker, it's possible Carlson plays against the Packers in a couple if weeks. He could get cut in the mean time but maybe it's too soon to bury this thread.
He could also become a superstar, that the Packers decide to sign in Free Agency. :coffee:

As always, my vote is.....keep the thread available to post to, it isn't costing management a dime.

Reaction score
Make a key kick and he's rehabbed and now following in Mother Theresa's footsteps.
Here comes Mother Mcnamus!
But even the great kickers can fall off. Zeurlein has had a good career, but he missed from 32 and 44 in the Jets' loss. Yikes that makes Narveson look good.
Double Doink. He literally hit the upright both misses.
He's right at 55% over 50 for his career. Just a few active kickers are below that this year.
I noticed that also. I’d love to see the breakdown of those seasons. I have a hunch that % included quite a few 55+ tries. Especially after he’s hit from 61,58,57 etc.
The key with 50+ is we have to compare range on Attempts. E.G., If Crosby only gets up to plate at <=55 and Mcnamus gets up to plate <=62 it would account for Brandons’ 55% stats. Also notice Mcnamus made both Postseason Kicks at 50,52 to compliment his perfect 100%. He went 10/10 FG and 3/3 XPM in Postseason
Therefore my guess is he’s in that 60-70% in the 50-54 area where most Kickers get opportunities. I’m pretty confident Brandon had quite a few missed in that 55-62 area where many of those other Kickers don’t even get many chances. His 40% on those long tries affected his 50+ average.

If he keeps making these game winners I’ll label him Mother Mcnamus after the great Mother Theresa!

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I noticed that also. I’d love to see the breakdown of those seasons. I have a hunch that % included quite a few 55+ tries. Especially after he’s hit from 61,58,57 etc.
The key with 50+ is we have to compare range on Attempts. E.G., If Crosby only gets up to plate at <=55 and Mcnamus gets up to plate <=62 it would account for Brandons’ 55% stats. Also notice Mcnamus made both Postseason Kicks at 50,52 to compliment his perfect 100%. He went 10/10 FG and 3/3 XPM in Postseason
Therefore my guess is he’s in that 60-70% in the 50-54 area where most Kickers get opportunities. I’m pretty confident Brandon had quite a few missed in that 55-62 area where many of those other Kickers don’t even get many chances. His 40% on those long tries affected his 50+ average.

If he keeps making these game winners I’ll label him Mother Mcnamus after the great Mother Theresa!
Zuerlein missed because he was trying to get one of us a bingo. It was planned. But then the Bills got wind of it and said just get the win and get out of here.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Agree.

I think trying to evaluate kickers on missed and made %'s alone is the wrong approach. This isn't passes completed, where you are kicking 30 times in a game. Miss one kick from 49 and your % can take a big ding.

So many better ways to evaluate kickers, but the stats really aren't out there. Stats that I would like to know are:

1. Weather conditions (temp, wind speed and direction)?
2. Field conditions? Artificial turf, indoor, muddy, etc.?
3. LS, Holder, OL issue?
4. Situation the made or missed happened (game on the line, playoff, etc.)?
5. Actual distance of each kick. A 49 yarder is much different than a 40 yarder. A 63 yarder is much different than a 51 yarder?
6. Health of kicker. Was he nursing an injury?
7. Looking at makes and misses trends in career. A few poor seasons to start their career, but now kicking much better?

Probably some I missed and of course kickoffs and XP's need to be factored into things, maybe even onside kick ability.

There are so many things beyond what we see in the average NFL stat sheet of each kicker. Yet, people will say "meh, he's a 80% kicker, no thanks."

Members online