A Jordan Love Contract

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think we can win the division.
I said the Super Bowl against the Jets would be my absolute, The Lord is going to take me to heaven the day after the Super Bowl, outcome.
The dream scenario would be to beat Green Bay in the NFC title game and then beat Aaron Rodgers and the Jets in the Super Bowl.
I never said that it was likely or even a remote possibility…… hence the going to heaven afterwards comment bc it would be “this is your reward for having to go in the ground the next day” type ishh.

When the Cubs came back from down 3 to 1 in the World Series in 16’, yeah I drove a little slower and was a little more careful the week afterwards ;)’.
The Lions still appear to be loaded. But their first two games have not been so impressive. You have to beat them at the line of scrimmage. The Vikings appear to be more physical. The Packers have speed but are very young. What I have seen in the Bears is defense and ST. The coach could dial it down early in the season to move the chains and give their defense a rest. Turnovers do win games. FGs can win games as well. I am not so sure if any of the other NFC North teams goes into Houston and loses by just 6. Especially when it takes 3 extra long FGs.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We’re 1-1.
Held, arguably, one of the high powered offenses in the NFL to 1 tuddy and 4 FG.
Were a ***** hair away from a pick 6.(can’t COUNT on them weekly but it is a possibility every time they step out there and nice when it happens) 4/16 on 3rd down iirc.
If our GM hasn’t traded for a C by Wednesday morning he should have his head examined and be told “another performance like that and all y’all gone.”
We will not allow you to ruin Caleb the way the last regime ruined Justin.

That being said we need to run the ball better and Shane Waldron our offensive coordinator needs to figure it out because we are too loaded with talent to look like this.
I would have already fired the offensive line coach to make my point. The line is getting clowned on the talk shows for not being able to pick up simple stunts that have been in the NFL since the 1950s.
That is the definition of pathetic.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We’re 1-1.
Held, arguably, one of the high powered offenses in the NFL to 1 tuddy and 4 FG.
Were a ***** hair away from a pick 6.(can’t COUNT on them weekly but it is a possibility every time they step out there and nice when it happens) 4/16 on 3rd down iirc.
If our GM hasn’t traded for a C by Wednesday morning he should have his head examined and be told “another performance like that and all y’all gone.”
We will not allow you to ruin Caleb the way the last regime ruined Justin.

That being said we need to run the ball better and Shane Waldron our offensive coordinator needs to figure it out because we are too loaded with talent to look like this.
I would have already fired the offensive line coach to make my point. The line is getting clowned on the talk shows for not being able to pick up simple stunts that have been in the NFL since the 1950s.
That is the definition of pathetic.
It's also the 1st 2 games

Lets see how it looks at week 5

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Caleb is doing just fine and I have zero worries about him.
Right now, I am furious with my GM, my coach and my offensive coordinator, in that order.
Right now, I am rethinking the Rome pick because as good as he may be or will be……it matters not if Caleb can’t stand upright and deliver a pass.
We should’ve drafted an interior offensive lineman and we should’ve drafted another in the second or third round.
At least then, if we were having issues, you could say they will all grow together and look at the potential.
Instead we have injuries, Band-Aids and unenthusiastic players who should be cut rather than getting paid $10 million……but it is what it is.
Yeah Caleb has looked comfortable to me. He knows when to throw the ball away and that's hard for a rookie.

I didn't watch the play of the OL as closely as you did, but he seemed under pressure a lot. He's not a running QB, but was great at getting out of the many jams he was put in.

The D is special. But yeah, you don't take a QB with the first pick and not protect him. And he has weapons like DJ Moore but no time to find them. I need to see more to be convinced Caleb is the real deal. In fairness, I haven't seen much of the games either.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Caleb has looked comfortable to me. He knows when to throw the ball away and that's hard for a rookie.

I didn't watch the play of the OL as closely as you did, but he seemed under pressure a lot. He's not a running QB, but was great at getting out of the many jams he was put in.

The D is special. But yeah, you don't take a QB with the first pick and not protect him. And he has weapons like DJ Moore but no time to find them. I need to see more to be convinced Caleb is the real deal. In fairness, I haven't seen much of the games either.
He and the OL were dealing with the Houston loud crowd. Willis will get a taste of it this week in Tennessee.

Last edited:

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1> I'm just a simple Mod. I don't own this joint, @Shaggy does. (If I did, the Atrium would have a link.)
2> What's a Venmo?
Venmo is an online peer-to-peer banking(mostly tipping) service.
He and the OL was dealing with the Houston loud crowd. Willis will get a taste of it this week in Tennessee.
Brother Tennessee’s defensive line is no joke. They tried to kill Caleb.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Caleb is doing just fine and I have zero worries about him.
Right now, I am furious with my GM, my coach and my offensive coordinator, in that order.
Right now, I am rethinking the Rome pick because as good as he may be or will be……it matters not if Caleb can’t stand upright and deliver a pass.
We should’ve drafted an interior offensive lineman and we should’ve drafted another in the second or third round.
At least then, if we were having issues, you could say they will all grow together and look at the potential.
Instead we have injuries, Band-Aids and unenthusiastic players who should be cut rather than getting paid $10 million……but it is what it is.
No doubt if the O line is bad, it's going to greatly hinder or even thwart Williams' development. The question about Williams has never been about his arm or release. Those attributes are excellent. It's the question of processing ability like most rookies that will determine if he be becomes another Fields or CJ Stroud. In general. If the O line is good enough you don't need great weapons because even average receiver will get open after 3 to 4 seconds. I agree that the best thing for Williams or any other young qb or a great O line. The Bears O line isn't even average so Williams will be running for his life and Odunze won't be able to help at that point.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt if the O line is bad, it's going to greatly hinder or even thwart Williams' development. The question about Williams has never been about his arm or release. Those attributes are excellent. It's the question of processing ability like most rookies that will determine if he be becomes another Fields or CJ Stroud. In general. If the O line is good enough you don't need great weapons because even average receiver will get open after 3 to 4 seconds. I agree that the best thing for Williams or any other young qb or a great O line. The Bears O line isn't even average so Williams will be running for his life and Odunze won't be able to help at that point.
Yep

Reaction score
I think if Caleb had a good OL he’d look much better. He was getting assaulted way too much. Kinda felt bad for him at one point he looked exhausted or possibly even hurt. The NFL is played at such a fast pace I don’t think good QB’s appreciate it until they get thrown in there.

I mean this as a compliment but if Caleb Williams sat in GB for a season I think he would have a really chance of being a good starter by year 2 or 3

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just needs time. Not time time but in the pocket time. 3 seconds is not a lot to ask.
Nate Davis is a shell of his Tennessee former self. Our Center position has been suspect for 10 years.
Our Tackles seem to both be worse than last year.
Even big Tev…our anchor on the line at left guard is looking lost……
Again…. not gonna allow them to trash Caleb every game and we’re not gonna throw away a season. It doesn’t matter what it cost. Get some decent offensive lineman in here right now……like right ereffin now. right now.
There’s too much at stake.
We have two first and three seconds over the next two years. Get something done now.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He and the OL were dealing with the Houston loud crowd. Willis will get a taste of it this week in Tennessee.
Interesting. I didn't know the Titan fans were so loud. Regardless it's a road game. I'm sure they're working on silent snap counts if they need em, but that's gonna be extra hard for Willis.

On another note, it's gonna be interesting to see how MLF tops or repeats last week's game plan. The Titans know GB will be running. That said, MLF is a master at using movement, misdirection, and shifts to confuse a D.

That will only go so far if they have to run 50 plus times again. IMO they'll have to put more trust in Willis and throw more. That's where having a talented, deep WR/TE group comes in handy. They'll run 40 plus times, but not 50.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just needs time. Not time time but in the pocket time. 3 seconds is not a lot to ask.
Nate Davis is a shell of his Tennessee former self. Our Center position has been suspect for 10 years.
Again…. not gonna allow them to trash Caleb every game and we’re not gonna throw away a season. It doesn’t matter what it cost. Get some decent offensive lineman in here right now……like right ereffin now. right now.
We have two first and three seconds over the next two years. Get something done now.
That draft capital is not excessive - one extra 2nd round pick. Even so, I don't think they'll trade that now that the season has begun. It would cost too much. It's still early, and I think the coaches are smart enough to make adjustments and create game plans to account for a less-than-stellar OL.

Do you know why the OL wasn't addressed better in the offseason or the draft? They have a ton of impact players on offense - Williams, Moore, Allen, Odunze. Won't help if Williams doesn't get time to throw. The biggest risk of course is injury.

And yeah, 3 seconds is like an eternity in today's game, where QBs are regularly getting the ball out well under that. And the offense doesn't have to be phenomenal if the D keeps performing so well. We will all know a lot more about our respective teams in another 2 or 3 weeks. I don't see a need for the Bears to do anything right now.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That draft capital is not excessive - one extra 2nd round pick. Even so, I don't think they'll trade that now that the season has begun. It would cost too much. It's still early, and I think the coaches are smart enough to make adjustments and create game plans to account for a less-than-stellar OL.

Do you know why the OL wasn't addressed better in the offseason or the draft? They have a ton of impact players on offense - Williams, Moore, Allen, Odunze. Won't help if Williams doesn't get time to throw. The biggest risk of course is injury.

And yeah, 3 seconds is like an eternity in today's game, where QBs are regularly getting the ball out well under that. And the offense doesn't have to be phenomenal if the D keeps performing so well. We will all know a lot more about our respective teams in another 2 or 3 weeks. I don't see a need for the Bears to do anything right now.
I can't speak TOO confidently on it, but the general sentiment I got from Bears fans in the offseason (and of course I cannot speak for all of them - just those I heard from) was that they were feeling good about the direction of the OL and that even if they didn't add a ton of names/bodies or a marquee signing, they expected a lot of their guys to take a step forward in their development. Teven Jenkins was picked #39 in 2021. Darnell Wright #10 in 2023. Braxton Jones was a mid-rounder, but made PFF had him on their all-rookie team in 2022. And Nate Davis was seen as a top-tier FA acquisition in 2023. Of course hindsight is 20/20, but I think for many there was a feeling that if their OL progressed/improved and they got an elite group of weapons to surround CW with that they'd be sitting fairly pretty. Now instead it looks like these guys haven't developed (at best) or worse have regressed...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Venmo is an online peer-to-peer banking(mostly tipping) service.
You want to send me tip$? If so I'll get my IT help desk son to help me set this up :rolleyes:
Our Center position has been suspect for 10 years.
If our 1st rd pick is OK to go at RG, you can have ours for that extra 2nd your so proud of.
Do you know why the OL wasn't addressed better in the offseason or the draft?
Because they needed to get that all-world punter instead.

Reaction score
No QB can function when the OL is suspect. I recall Tom Brady went through that 1 season in NE. Matty ICE had it happen in Atlanta and both looked terrible under duress. Even Mahomes found out in the playoffs what lack of protection can do. Now those were more OL injury replacements, but it’s the same concept.

There’s often some good Veteran OL rentals out there. Truthfully, if deemed necessary, Chicago could part with a 2025 5-6th rounder in trade + another $3-4Mil for an adequate FA and supplant the 2 weakest links with Veteran upgrades. We’re talking about shuffling 5-$7mil or so in cap + a draft pick and that’s not too difficult to do.
They’d have to be .500+ and still struggling before trade deadline to make those moves though.

That said I understand promoting stability on a Roster and might not want to just give up on a OL that could use another 1-2 years of experience.

Last edited:

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You want to send me tip$? If so I'll get my IT help desk son to help me set this up :rolleyes:

If our 1st rd pick is OK to go at RG, you can have ours for that extra 2nd your so proud of.

Because they needed to get that all-world punter instead.
That punter has had more positive effect on our team than just about every player on offense so…. I still love the pick, but hind sight is 20/20 and if trade them all for a center.
If Bahktiari can limp thru a physical I’d give him a shot.

Reaction score
That punter has had more positive effect on our team than just about every player on offense so…. I still love the pick, but hind sight is 20/20 and if trade them all for a center.
If he was at that point he’d already be playing. He would only jeopardize his ability to walk at this point. He needs to hang up the cleats for good there’s more to life than playing Tackle. I’d love to see him get into Coaching though.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In what round was the punter taken? A good punter is invaluable and can reset field position.

Based on Magooch's excellent breakdown of the Bears' OL, I'm guessing the FO and coaching staff thought they were fine at OL. It happens. I think the GB OL has not lived up to its billing, at least not against the Eagles. I also don't have any worries about it - well, not yet.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In what round was the punter taken? A good punter is invaluable and can reset field position.

Based on Magooch's excellent breakdown of the Bears' OL, I'm guessing the FO and coaching staff thought they were fine at OL. It happens. I think the GB OL has not lived up to its billing, at least not against the Eagles. I also don't have any worries about it - well, not yet.
Especially when you punt as much as the Bears.

Members online