Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dimitri Stanley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is VERY rare in GB an UDFA doesn't squeak on to the 53 man roster.....who is your bet?

Peter Bowden LS
James Ester DL
Ralen Goforth LB
Jarveon Howard RB
Donovan Jennings OL
Rodney Mathews DL
Messiah Swinson TE
Alex Hale K
Julian Hicks WR
Dimitri Stanley WR

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
In with the first vote. Barring injury, the LS has the easiest path. Every one else is behind a pile of draft picks and other roster locks. The kicker has to boom some 60+ yarders and not miss anything. Also consistently hit the three yard line outside the numbers on the KOs.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Might be a long shot, but I like Howard. He ran hard against the Browns and was pretty productive in college. Jacobs and Lloyd are no brainers, but with the hamstring Lloyd might be out for a bit. I think Wilson has a chance again this year as well. Dillon took a lot of heat after last game, but it was tough sledding behind the poor blocking. Plus, he only had 4 carries. In the same respect, Howard did a lot with the carries he received. This might be the year an undrafted free agent doesn't make it. The Packers roster is pretty deep.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I HAD voted for Bowden, but he was released to make room for tempoary-injury-replacement LB & RB. If Bowden is that cut-able & re-signable there's no way he'll be kept on the final 53. They'll cut him, & then bring him back on PS. Not optimistic on any of them, but changed vote to Jennings.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone knows I was a Donovan Jennings fan Day 3 of the draft and was baffled he didn't get drafted.....BUT I'm going to predict Goforth continues to push and somehow through ST and perhaps some banged up guys at LB he finds his way onto the 53.

Bowden is the most likely but seemed like the easy way out so went with the more unlikely but very likely based on reports I'm getting from Goforth's play in camp so far.

Reaction score
Are we including PS?

If so I’ll say Howard. He’s one of several players that should see more looks over these next couple games. We know who RB1 is. But there’s a competition for RB2 with Wilson playing well and it could shake up the order behind it. Also they might want to slow roll Lloyd along.

Bowden also seems like a very reasonable guess.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we including PS?

If so I’ll say Howard. He’s one of several players that should see more looks over these next couple games. We know who RB1 is. But there’s a competition for RB2 with Wilson playing well and it could shake up the order behind it. Also they might want to slow roll Lloyd along.

Bowden also seems like a very reasonable guess.

The actual roster, the 53.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone knows I was a Donovan Jennings fan Day 3 of the draft and was baffled he didn't get drafted.....BUT I'm going to predict Goforth continues to push and somehow through ST and perhaps some banged up guys at LB he finds his way onto the 53.

Bowden is the most likely but seemed like the easy way out so went with the more unlikely but very likely based on reports I'm getting from Goforth's play in camp so far.
I was tossing between Bowden and Goforth but felt the numbers at LB were too heavy. And this is all assuming no injuries which the LBs are getting hit at.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was tossing between Bowden and Goforth but felt the numbers at LB were too heavy. And this is all assuming no injuries which the LBs are getting hit at.
Yeah Eric Wilson's play and seemingly growth has really made Goforth's hurdle likely bigger than I'm hoping it is....truthfully this team just doesn't have many spots for an UDFA unless Bowden, and even then we could do what we did last year and not even put a LS on 53 because someone is going on pup after setting and we sign one.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which the crazy thing is that, that happening in GB is rare. Someone almost always makes it happen....19 years and counting.
Stacking up these great drafts and having so many picks is making for a very deep roster.

I voted Jennings, but think the reality in no UDFA makes the 53 but 5 or 6 make the PS.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stacking up these great drafts and having so many picks is making for a very deep roster.

I voted Jennings, but think the reality in no UDFA makes the 53 but 5 or 6 make the PS.

If I'm betting man I concur. I think Jennings, Howard and Goforth have the best shot, but even they sadly need an injury to happen to one guy to make it possible - which you never hope happens.

Reaction score
Which the crazy thing is that, that happening in GB is rare. Someone almost always makes it happen....19 years and counting.
Is it that long? WOW.
I think what might be different is we have a larger crop of drafted players though. 35 players drafted in the last 3 years +10 drafted still on board before that are all vying for starting roles or key backups. Only 1-2 I could see getting cut (Royce and Dillon and maybe Samorie?) Then I look around position to position and I just see so much depth with FA and drafted players it’s tough.

Ok you convinced me! I’ll go Telfort if there’s a Undfrafted. They snapped up on him pretty quickly and he’s a 2nd year player so there’s some investment. All 1st Team USA on the best OL in that conference. UAB rushed for 235 yards per game in 2022 and he was a Big reason why.

Also we sent Nij and Bak packing and while we drafted Morgan, he’s probably best suited at Guard for now after moving on from Runyon Jr Telford could give us some stability as a backup Tackle. In addition we thought enough to retain him on a futures contract after last season was over.
Plus, I’m not feeling real confident with Royce I think he’s on thin ice. Sloppy penalty in PS game 1 he just doesn’t impress me.

Last edited:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Quay being banged up and Coop as well he's getting alot of snaps in pre-season it seems in the Nickel, and I think he takes the final ILB roster spot but Goforth

Reaction score
With Quay being banged up and Coop as well he's getting alot of snaps in pre-season it seems in the Nickel, and I think he takes the final ILB roster spot but Goforth
That’s a good guess also. Gutey mentioned he’d have to keep more LB’s in a 4-3

PackFan727

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might be a long shot, but I like Howard. He ran hard against the Browns and was pretty productive in college. Jacobs and Lloyd are no brainers, but with the hamstring Lloyd might be out for a bit. I think Wilson has a chance again this year as well. Dillon took a lot of heat after last game, but it was tough sledding behind the poor blocking. Plus, he only had 4 carries. In the same respect, Howard did a lot with the carries he received. This might be the year an undrafted free agent doesn't make it. The Packers roster is pretty deep.

PackFan727

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you on Jarveon Howard. Doubt he makes the 53, however he seems like a surefire practice squad candidate.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Is Jennings the OL they paid real $$$ to sign? I doubt he gets to the PS if other teams like what they see in game tape and also need a backup tackle.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts