• Dimitri Stanley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok I’m guessing none. Lol
There should be a voting option for none. I really don't see any of these guys making a realistic push like Cox or Heath last season.

I could vote for whom I think has the best chance. However, I truly do not think any of them will make the 53 unless someone goes balls deep in the last preseason game.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There should be a voting option for none. I really don't see any of these guys making a realistic push like Cox or Heath last season.

I could vote for whom I think has the best chance. However, I truly do not think any of them will make the 53 unless someone goes balls deep in the last preseason game.
And how many of them will even see enough snaps in the last game to do that? I'm guessing none, because none of them have even played well to earn a closer look in the final game.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Thirteen Below and @El Guapo you both are reading too much into the hypothetical posed question.

For 19 years now GB has had a UDFA make the 53…so every year it is a posed question many wonder about.

With the youth on the team and amount of draft picks still here of course the betting odds are none…as it has been majority of the years it has still happened.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Thirteen Below and @El Guapo you both are reading too much into the hypothetical posed question.

For 19 years now GB has had a UDFA make the 53…so every year it is a posed question many wonder about.
I don't understand how either of us misread anything into the original question.

The question that was asked was simple and clear - "who is your bet to squeak onto the 53 man roster?" Our answer, based on the information we have available to us at this point is, "nobody". There is nobody who has made enough of an impression that we would bet that they're going to make the roster.

Not sure what else we were supposed to read into it.

With the youth on the team and amount of draft picks still here of course the betting odds are none…as it has been majority of the years it has still happened.
Then we're just throwing darts. Just pick a name, any name.

The 20-some UDFA guys who made the team over the last 19 years showed some reason in the pre-season that they had earned the job.

For instance, by this point last pre-season, the names "Malik Heath" and "Emmanuel Wilson" were getting tossed back and forth quite a bit, and I think I remember Cox getting mentioned too by this time.

So far, on August 20 and with only one pre-season game to go, it's a lot harder to identify any player who stands out. Maybe there's someone flying under the radar of the fan base who the coaches have their eye on, but nobody here seems to be able to guess is there.

Although I do think there's a pretty good chance that Bowden and Jennings will stay on the practice squad, maybe a couple of others as well. But this team has gotten so much better the last 3 years, it's getting harder for a UDFA to make the final 53.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted Jennings, not so much that I think he's good because I don't know. But because I'd like another decent lineman and be able to cut a lineman that we are "hoping" can handle it. Also, if our swing tackle is going to be giving up 2 or 3 sacks and numerous pressures; we need to cut bait and keep looking imho.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand how either of us misread anything into the original question.

The question that was asked was simple and clear - "who is your bet to squeak onto the 53 man roster?" Our answer, based on the information we have available to us at this point is, "nobody". There is nobody who has made enough of an impression that we would bet that they're going to make the roster.

Not sure what else we were supposed to read into it.

Then we're just throwing darts. Just pick a name, any name.

The 20-some UDFA guys who made the team over the last 19 years showed some reason in the pre-season that they had earned the job.

For instance, by this point last pre-season, the names "Malik Heath" and "Emmanuel Wilson" were getting tossed back and forth quite a bit, and I think I remember Cox getting mentioned too by this time.

So far, on August 20 and with only one pre-season game to go, it's a lot harder to identify any player who stands out. Maybe there's someone flying under the radar of the fan base who the coaches have their eye on, but nobody here seems to be able to guess is there.

Although I do think there's a pretty good chance that Bowden and Jennings will stay on the practice squad, maybe a couple of others as well. But this team has gotten so much better the last 3 years, it's getting harder for a UDFA to make the final 53.

The bet is which player of the UDFA makes it - again you guys are complicating it or at minimum overthinking it LOL

Reaction score
I say Bullard or that Morgan guy :coffee:

I’m sorry I never have paid very good attention! Seriously though that LS probably has as good a chance as anyone. I don’t see much in the way of a standout UDFA. Maybe an OL because there’s 2 of them and we often keep 9-10

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I don't disagree with some on here. I actually don't think any UDFA makes the roster this year breaking the long standing string of players that have. I just took Howard on a flyer. Jacobs is the clear #1. Lloyd is out. I've heard he is starting the season on the PUP. Could be wrong about that. Dillon will make it. That leaves Wilson (the more likely), and Howard. Just thinking he might have the best shot. Didn't know of his recent ankle issues.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't disagree with some on here. I actually don't think any UDFA makes the roster this year breaking the long standing string of players that have. I just took Howard on a flyer. Jacobs is the clear #1. Lloyd is out. I've heard he is starting the season on the PUP. Could be wrong about that. Dillon will make it. That leaves Wilson (the more likely), and Howard. Just thinking he might have the best shot. Didn't know of his recent ankle issues.
Howard just released to re-sign FB Pearson.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts