Reaction score
Studs were Reed, Jacobs (2nd half), and Gary

Dud: everyone else.

Last edited:

DABIGZ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Dud is the NFL.

Why the hell is that field so crap? If Love is seriously hurt this season is over.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
studs -Reed, Emm Wilson, P. Smith, Gary
Duds - LaFleur, red zone offense, pass blocking, tackling, penalties

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Dud: equipment managers both sides. Everybody was slipping. Even on the last play sack.
Dud: way to many penalties, hard to get any game flow. Refs even made up a few.
Stud: Eagles O-line earned their rating as one of the best. They were the difference in the game.
Dud: Were these the Eagles home announcers?
Stud: Wilson looked good running and eventually Jacobs caught on.
Stud: Reed and the defensive game plan to keep Hurts from killing you. Eventually defense wore out from the afore mentioned O-line.

All in all not a disaster for the youngest team in the league. Again MLF cannot win 2 time zones away.
Potential dud: Was Love seriously injured?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a game where I have tons of thoughts and a few what in Sam **** moments the cake is Nixon running it out at the end….

Unless Bissacia told him to, if I was MLF that was Nixons LAST time back there for a while. Biggest bonehead move…

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
In a game where I have tons of thoughts and a few what in Sam **** moments the cake is Nixon running it out at the end….

Unless Bissacia told him to, if I was MLF that was Nixons LAST time back there for a while. Biggest bonehead move…
Yes agreed, could have had a big impact on field position, and even closer for a Hail Mary

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was a pretty decent game overall. Some pretty obvious week one jitters/rust but fairly even on the whole.

Studs: Reed, Jacobs (and Wilson!)
Duds: OL, grounds crew, and unfortunately the same issues seem to persist for MLF: undisciplined, poor clock management, questionable time out usage, etc.

With 10 seconds left in the game my thoughts were basically… we played a decent game against a good opponent who also played a decent game. The conditions were poor and referees seemed intent on over-legislating it. Not a terrible showing all around.

With zero seconds left, assuming Love isn’t seriously hurt that’s still more or less my mindset. If he’s seriously injured though then of course it’s a total disaster. lol.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Dud: equipment managers both sides. Everybody was slipping. Even on the last play sack.
Dud: way to many penalties, hard to get any game flow. Refs even made up a few.
Stud: Eagles O-line earned their rating as one of the best. They were the difference in the game.
Dud: Were these the Eagles home announcers?
Stud: Wilson looked good running and eventually Jacobs caught on.
Stud: Reed and the defensive game plan to keep Hurts from killing you. Eventually defense wore out from the afore mentioned O-line.

All in all not a disaster for the youngest team in the league. Again MLF cannot win 2 time zones away.
Potential dud: Was Love seriously injured?
2x LOL

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my is this preseason game 4?

Studs - Reed - kid is electric. wow.
Jenkins - wow what a ball game he was a force.
Jacobs - had a nice burst in the 4th. More to come.
Love - he had some clunkers but shook rust off. please do not be ankle torn or achilles.

Duds - Hafley - pathetic performance. rag doll city. Quay Walker looked confused. Improvement needed. pass rush not there when it needed to be. next.
I think I just got flagged. lol

Last edited:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I had flashbacks to Montgomery

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my is this preseason game 4?

Studs - Reed - kid is electric. wow.
Jenkins - wow what a ball game he was a force.
Jacobs - had a nice burst in the 4th. More to come.
Love - he had some clunkers but shook rust off. please do not be ankle torn or achilles.

Duds - Hafley - pathetic performance. rag doll city. Quay Walker looked confused. Improvement needed. pass rush not there when it needed to be. next.
Trust me dude, if you were lined up next to McDuffie every day it would start rubbin' off on you too

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll be majorly shocked if the training staff would have Love walking off the field with an ACL or Achiles.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
A real dud goes to Roger Goodell, its a crime to let a professional football team play on a field that was meant for after drinking flag football, could have been serious injuries to both teams,even and official had to look at, Mexico had a better field, NFL should not blow the hype smoke unless its completely safe for both teams

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: NFL for their big facade of "player safety", trying to make us actually believe they care about it, when they always have been, and always will be, willing to put the safety and health of their players at risk if it makes them more money.

Field conditions tonight were not fit for a high school game. In moderate weather. Imagine what that field would have been like wet.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the good news. The first game of the season is largely meaningless. Since the 16 game schedule began, 38% of winning teams made the playoffs and 36% of losing teams made the playoffs. Especially in the last 5 years or so it's basically the final preseason game because starters don't play enough in the preseason. If Love ends up being fine, we'll be fine. It always amazes me how many people panic after Week 1, especially when the team you are playing is a likely playoff team too.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tackling was pretty bad. Especially the corners and safties. Love did not play very well. That phantom hold on Jaire was at a really bad time. But I think we lost because they have a good O line and we don't. Maybe putting Monk in at center could open up the running game. We'll do better if Love isn't really hurt.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I thought the same, but that HAD to be the coaches call. Guessing that they hoped to catch Philly napping, and a break a big return.

Didn't work out but whether they start at the 15 or 30, it was going to take a miracle to win.

Good dice roll IMO.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tackling was pretty bad. Especially the corners and safties. Love did not play very well. That phantom hold on Jaire was at a really bad time. But I think we lost because they have a good O line and we don't. Maybe putting Monk in at center could open up the running game. We'll do better if Love isn't really hurt.
That B.S. hold on JA was the game-killer. I HATE that officiating crew. Worst in the NFL and it's not even close! Also, the hold early in that possession that they called on us should have been offset because there was also an illegal hands to the face on the OL that wasn't called on the Iggles.

Members online

Latest posts