Studs & Duds - Arizona

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is hard to swallow but the data clearly shows The only way our kicking situation is going to improve is if narveson improves. As of oct 14th narveson ranks 33rd out of 33 qualifying kickers in FG %. The guy they had in camp, greg joseph ranks 32nd out of 33 kickers. There are no kickers available that would be any better including Ryland. The only other option would be to try out alex hale, the rookie kicker on the practice squad. We have what We have. At least narveson is better than the guy we had last year who was bad in both FG% and XPs.
Besides following GB ive been keeping an eye on the jets this year just to see how they would do with a top QB at the helm. They lost to the bills 23-20 last night. We’re not the only team with kicking woes. On 2 different FG attempts Their kicker hit the left goalpost on one and the right goalpost on the orher. Neither went in.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I can handle people talking about the cowboys when they suck like this.
Agree.

That was a tough game to watch. I don't really hate the Lions, but given that they are the lead dog in the Packers division, I wanted them to lose. Then my hate for the Cowboys kicked in and I was in a conundrum as to who to be cheering for.

In the end, it all worked out fine, it wasn't a close game, it wasn't a game that either team felt that they should have won. The Cowboys totally got their butts kicked, at home, on Jerry's Birthday no less.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One DUD that I'll toss out there was Jordan Morgan. He gets leeway for being a rookie in his first game back from injury, but the times that I focused on him were bad. He was missing blocks and getting knocked around. I started focusing early in the game because Jacobs got smashed at the line. I kept trying to see who messed up and it was the RG. I assumed it was Sean Rhyan but immediately saw that it was Morgan. Later on when Meyers got injured, the announcers got it wrong when they said that Morgan was just inserted. He and Rhyan were splitting reps all game.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One DUD that I'll toss out there was Jordan Morgan. He gets leeway for being a rookie in his first game back from injury, but the times that I focused on him were bad. He was missing blocks and getting knocked around. I started focusing early in the game because Jacobs got smashed at the line. I kept trying to see who messed up and it was the RG. I assumed it was Sean Rhyan but immediately saw that it was Morgan. Later on when Meyers got injured, the announcers got it wrong when they said that Morgan was just inserted. He and Rhyan were splitting reps all game.
I think he played L tackle in college. If so, wouldn't it make sense if he played L guard? I realize he probably hasn't had many reps there.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree.

That was a tough game to watch. I don't really hate the Lions, but given that they are the lead dog in the Packers division, I wanted them to lose. Then my hate for the Cowboys kicked in and I was in a conundrum as to who to be cheering for.

In the end, it all worked out fine, it wasn't a close game, it wasn't a game that either team felt that they should have won. The Cowboys totally got their butts kicked, at home, on Jerry's Birthday no less.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
The difference between the Vikings and Lions is very thin. The Vikings are experienced and have a solid disciplined defense. The Lions are scarier. They are a team that can physically dominate and unleash their speed. They have a gutty coach that takes risks. They could have easily gone to the SB and presented a challenge for the Chiefs.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The difference between the Vikings and Lions is very thin. The Vikings are experienced and have a solid disciplined defense. The Lions are scarier. They are a team that can physically dominate and unleash their speed. They have a gutty coach that takes risks. They could have easily gone to the SB and presented a challenge for the Chiefs.
I guess we will find out on Sunday, which team is better (at least on Sunday).

If I had to pick a winner of the North and I couldn't pick the Packers, I would say that the Lions are the most complete team. Injuries will play a big role in who wins the North and losing Hutchinson on Sunday didn't help the Lions.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he played L tackle in college. If so, wouldn't it make sense if he played L guard? I realize he probably hasn't had many reps there.

We already have Jenkins holding down LG. Honestly, I think Morgan is a tackle through and through. The coaching staff probably sees enough good from him that they would like something from him in the short are hoping he could take RG and run away with the job. Which makes some sense, as that is the one spot that didn't return last year's starter.

To me, he looks a little weak at the point of attack. Maybe he could grow into a guard. Maybe with a year under his belt, he challenges Walker for LT next year. Hard to say. He isn't a bad pick, just what he's good at didn't line up with our one obvious gap this year.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree.

For me I usually don't start rooting for a vikings or cowboys win until after week 10. I figure until then there is plenty of football left that a win by either of them, even though it might benefit the Packers, is not worth it. If the cowboys were playing the Lions in week 11 and the Lions were ahead of the Packers in the standings I might maybe think about considering rooting for the cowboys. Same for the vikings although the way it looks I might be able to root against them all year long.

Reaction score
Oh, my bad. I didn't realize it was part of a title. Carry on!
Oh thank you I certainly will.

Also, if it’s single title and not a plural Titles… do we go small case?
The recommendations I’m seeing are we can certainly capitalize Titles (plural). It never said capitalize a singular title. What I’m asking that’s been perplexing me is…do I need to go get a second title to be important enough to Capitalize both of them Titles?? :whistling:

Another thing. Should Mr Webster and Mrs Thesaurusis be setting a better example by starting the word “capitalize” with an Upper case “Capitalize” ?? or do we need to increase its importance and set it in motion with a plural act like “Capitalizations”

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess we will find out on Sunday, which team is better (at least on Sunday).

If I had to pick a winner of the North and I couldn't pick the Packers, I would say that the Lions are the most complete team. Injuries will play a big role in who wins the North and losing Hutchinson on Sunday didn't help the Lions.
Just like the Vikings losing Cousins and Hockenson in the past.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh thank you I certainly will.

Also, if it’s single title and not a plural Titles… do we go small case?
The recommendations I’m seeing are we can certainly capitalize Titles (plural). It never said capitalize a singular title. What I’m asking that’s been perplexing me is…do I need to go get a second title to be important enough to Capitalize both of them Titles?? :whistling:

Another thing. Should Mr Webster and Mrs Thesaurusis be setting a better example by starting the word “capitalize” with an Upper case “Capitalize” ?? or do we need to increase its importance and set it in motion with a plural act like “Capitalizations”
And now my brain hurts. Thanks OS101!

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prayers go out to Aiden Hutchinson. Possibly suffered a Season Ending injury just now. I missed the play but it was bad enough they won’t replay it.
This is shaping up as a very competitive season. No one is super good and there a few bad teams. Meaning at the end of the many teams we be vying for the few playoff spots avaialble. Every game is important as it may come down to going deep into the tie breakers to see who get in so there may be times where you have to pull for a team you despise because tbey are playing a team in our division. Its a bitter pill to swallow, I know but we have to be open to all the help we can get.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We already have Jenkins holding down LG. Honestly, I think Morgan is a tackle through and through. The coaching staff probably sees enough good from him that they would like something from him in the short are hoping he could take RG and run away with the job. Which makes some sense, as that is the one spot that didn't return last year's starter.
To me, he looks a little weak at the point of attack. Maybe he could grow into a guard. Maybe with a year under his belt, he challenges Walker for LT next year. Hard to say. He isn't a bad pick, just what he's good at didn't line up with our one obvious gap this year.
I was not able to see the game. The only reason I brought up L vs. R was because I read that Myers went out in the 4th quarter and they sent Jenkins to center and Rhyan to L guard. There probably wasn't enough time to see how that set up worked. I'd be interested in seeing us using a different center and maybe with the players they used. So I was wondering if maybe, since Morgan was a L tackle; he might be more comfortable at L guard. I have no handle on Morgan either. But I'm hoping he can be a good guard. Don't see him taking over either tackle at this point. Some have talked about moving Tom to center. Just can't see moving a piece that is doing so well at a really important position.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was not able to see the game. The only reason I brought up L vs. R was because I read that Myers went out in the 4th quarter and they sent Jenkins to center and Rhyan to L guard. There probably wasn't enough time to see how that set up worked. I'd be interested in seeing us using a different center and maybe with the players they used. So I was wondering if maybe, since Morgan was a L tackle; he might be more comfortable at L guard. I have no handle on Morgan either. But I'm hoping he can be a good guard. Don't see him taking over either tackle at this point. Some have talked about moving Tom to center. Just can't see moving a piece that is doing so well at a really important position.
I think/hope Morgan will work out just fine. He's a rookie and has been hampered by injuries. He may not be a starter this year, but give him time, he has the skillset to be successful in the NFL. I don't think putting him at the #1 key spot on the OL (Left tackle) is a smart move at this point.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was not able to see the game. The only reason I brought up L vs. R was because I read that Myers went out in the 4th quarter and they sent Jenkins to center and Rhyan to L guard.

I thought that was for all of 1-2 plays, but I could be mistaken. Myers was back in for a PAT, iirc.

I have no handle on Morgan either. But I'm hoping he can be a good guard.

Maybe he will be, maybe he won't. Some players just aren't built for it or have the wrong mentality.

Don't see him taking over either tackle at this point.

Now, probably not. Perhaps in the future. Or maybe he's penciled in as the swing tackle this year. I can't imagine the coaching staff would admit that before they have to.

Next year, I would expect an open competition at LT.

Some have talked about moving Tom to center. Just can't see moving a piece that is doing so well at a really important position.

Agree. Tackle is more important and harder to find. The only reason to consider would be if Morgan (or another player) is so good at either LG or RT, you feel compelled to move Jenkins or Tom to center. But they would have to be really freaking good, as Jenkins and Tom are also really freaking good.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought that was for all of 1-2 plays, but I could be mistaken. Myers was back in for a PAT, iirc.

Maybe he will be, maybe he won't. Some players just aren't built for it or have the wrong mentality.

Now, probably not. Perhaps in the future. Or maybe he's penciled in as the swing tackle this year. I can't imagine the coaching staff would admit that before they have to.

Agree. Tackle is more important and harder to find. The only reason to consider would be if Morgan (or another player) is so good at either LG or RT, you feel compelled to move Jenkins or Tom to center. But they would have to be really freaking good, as Jenkins and Tom are also really freaking good.
Myers only missed 7 snaps for which Jenkins took over. Morgan played more snaps than Rhyan on Sunday. I would guess Morgan played LG for 7 snaps but I'm not sure about that.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Let us not play musical chairs. That could be just as bad as an inept kicker.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think Josh Myers is playing better than most expected. I know a lot of people were calling for the Packers to cut him. He'll be an FA at the end of the season, will be interesting to see just what the Packers plans with him are.

Of course, I have no clue what he is grading out at this season, so someone will probably prove me wrong. :)

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Josh Myers is playing better than most expected. I know a lot of people were calling for the Packers to cut him. He'll be an FA at the end of the season, will be interesting to see just what the Packers plans with him are.

I honestly don't have a good idea. He's fine, but not a super star. Part of draft and develop is being will to let those in between players leave when their contract is up. In theory, you've gotten all the value you can out of them.

The existence of Monk would imply they are willing to do that, but as you said, he's been playing well this year, so I have 0 read on it. I would lean closer to the team letting at least test FA.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Of course, I have no clue what he is grading out at this season, so someone will probably prove me wrong. :)

He's playing better, but I think it would be a GIANT mistep to pay him what it likely would take with nature of salaries...you'd need to likely pay him top 10 center money and I'd run from that.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's playing better, but I think it would be a GIANT mistep to pay him what it likely would take with nature of salaries...you'd need to likely pay him top 10 center money and I'd run from that.
See how he finishes the season first.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah, top 10 center money is a definite "No" for me. Top 32, sure.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See how he finishes the season first.

Honestly, no and I'd bet Gute and Co already know what they're going to do or would do money wise right now and nothing is making that go up likely, down maybe but I bet they feel pretty confident in their plan.

I personally bet they have a figure they'll be at and likely will not be enough for his camp to not want to test the waters of FA first...

Ryan Kelly the colt's center has a had a few injuries and their young Tanor Bortolini has looked good and Colts could step away from Kelly....he hasn't been anything special but I bet takes less than Myers...

Austin Corbett the Panthers center has played some higher level football in his career than Myers and his contract is expiring as well with the Panthers. He's 28 and likely on that last swing of starting potential and could be a SOLID veteran signing to back up Monk or Jenkins if we swing people around OR he could start another year while perhaps Monk takes another year to train up.

My favorite thought is Connor Williams the center for the Seahawks that signed a one year deal - he hasn't looked amazing this year but man his couple years prior was solid and it makes sense Seahawks handed him $4Million on a year deal. Sign him to a one or two year and don't hesitate to draft a center.