Still some free agent signings coming?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More and more calls lately across the internet to sign Bakh and Tannehill. I see these as realistic possibilities. What says the board?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see these as internet know-it-alls that only know one part of the problem without the ability and knowledge to grasp the entire situation.

First and most important, what's the point of a Tennehill or other veteran QB. If we lose Jordan Love to injury, I would bet that 999 times out of 1,000 we will not win the Super Bowl with a backup no matter whom it may be. So in that scenario, why would we push to flame out on the playoff bubble versus just having a bad year and getting a better draft pick?

Second - does anybody really think it's a good idea to tie up $10-$15M of salary cap for a backup that will not win us a Super Bowl? I'd rather save that money for an in-season acquisition, or to sign one of our elite players.

Third - Bahktiari??? Seriously???? Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice.... We all love Bahktiari but he's got a bad knee and hasn't recovered. He can't get any other desperate teams to sniff and we know him best. Hard NO. Besides, Rasheed Walker played pretty well last season. I haven't seen or heard anything from camp that indicates otherwise.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Packers top draft pick hasn't played yet this season at any OL position. He may stiffen the OT room when he gets back from injury. Maybe cut the LS and a few vet LBs like Wilson or Welch to slide Morgan and Cooper to IR for 4 weeks at cutdown day if they aren't yet healthy enough to rock.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spot on. I fully expect Morgan and Cooper to go on IR. It just makes sense from a roster capacity. Theoretically it gives the team a few extra roster spots while giving the players on IR a little extra time to come back -- and adjust to the game if they are rookies like Morgan and Cooper.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spot on. I fully expect Morgan and Cooper to go on IR. It just makes sense from a roster capacity. Theoretically it gives the team a few extra roster spots while giving the players on IR a little extra time to come back -- and adjust to the game if they are rookies like Morgan and Cooper.
With the new rule in place it makes sense. Until now any player going on IR before the final 53 was set meant they were out for the season. Now teams can place up to 2 players on IR at the cutdown and they won't count against the 53 and they can return in week 5 (although it would suck to loose Cooper and Morgan for 4 weeks). It saves them from having to cut 2 players so they can keep 2 injured guys until the next day. With vets it may not be as much of a problem because they can tell them we will resign you tomorrow after we move this guy to IR but for young guys who have to clear waivers it is a risk.

I'm not sure of Cooper's and Morgan's injuries But Lloyd would also appear to be an excellent candidate for starting the season on IR.

Kinda sucks that 3 of our top 4 draft picks are in this situation but I do like the new rule. I think it might a concession by the league to the players union for the 17 and what they are hoping to be an 18 game season.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts