DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Gee what a crappy win LOL
Our QB got injured, and they still won. Sure it's better to have a blow out win. But a 3 pt win looks the same as a 20 pt win in the standings. They needed to win this game and did. A loss would have really hurt, with what lies ahead. 6-2 was the goal, and that's where they are at the end of the day. Hopefully Love, Williams, and Ja are going to be okay. Willis 3-0 in relief, can't ask him for much more.

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our QB got injured, and they still won. Sure it's better to have a blow out win. But a 3 pt win looks the same as a 20 pt win in the standings. They needed to win this game and did. A loss would have really hurt, with what lies ahead. 6-2 was the goal, and that's where they are at the end of the day. Hopefully Love, Williams, and Ja are going to okay. Willis 3-0 in relief, can't ask him for much more.
I was being facetious

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
My 2 keys to the game were win the TO battle.... they did +1. Win time of possession.... they did, 34 to 26. Those will win you ball games. Go Pack Go!

Outsider99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the end of 4th qtr, I would like to run the ball because the Jags were letting us score thinking they could get ball back. But I would wait until 23 secs left. My reasoning is that the field goal isn't guaranteed. The snap or hold could go wrong. But I have no complaints.

I'm so happy the JETS lost again. And I absolutely hate the Pats and their evil owner, so I wasn't rootin for NE.
The reason is I hate Jets GM Aaron Rodgers after he stabbed Robert Salah in the back.

Look and the Jets now.... stinkin coccaroaches!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt if too many people would be crying knowing that we'd be 6-2 after eight games. But yeah, the team hasn't seemed to be playing to its full potential. Love's injury probably factors into that, but Willis has been a nice surprise. Bottom line, there's still time for them to turn it on.
The better teams find a way to win when they aren't playing their best.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the end of 4th qtr, I would like to run the ball because the Jags were letting us score thinking they could get ball back. But I would wait until 23 secs left. My reasoning is that the field goal isn't guaranteed. The snap or hold could go wrong. But I have no complaints.

Have to imagine the success rate on 24 yd field goals gotta be in the 99% range. Take the 99% win rate and game over vs giving the other team any hope at all. 20 seconds left on the clock and kicking off you are risking a huge kickoff, pass interference, broken play type situation.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Have to imagine the success rate on 24 yd field goals gotta be in the 99% range. Take the 99% win rate and game over vs giving the other team any hope at all. 20 seconds left on the clock and kicking off you are risking a huge kickoff, pass interference, broken play type situation.
Brooks knew the situation and took any doubt away that it would be a Packees win or going to OT. 20 yd FG's aren't missed very often.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just realized that both Packers QBs have lead the team to more wins than Rodgers.
Not really a fair comparison though, GB has a better organization. I don't think too many people would deny that.
The real question is how many wins would the Packers have with Rodgers? I have no idea what the answer to that is, but from what I've seen Rodgers should maybe be thinking about retiring. He doesn't seem like he's the type to be satisfied with fading away into irrelevance.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have total confidence in Willis. He's well coached and prepared. He's poisoned and confident. He throws a beautiful deep ball, and can beat you with his arm and legs. If you have to play him? Let him play. Trust him!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As well as the defense played last week, they sure looked like a Joe Barry unit today. Guys were wide open all day and the run defense was shoddy. Lots of missed tackles and poor angles. Cooper saved this game with his strip sack.

Members online