Josh Jacobs

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a few thoughts on Jacobs.

To begin with I've been a Jacobs fan since he was drafted. From a player and production standpoint felt, and still do, that Jacobs and Jones were at least equals. Given each players age and injury history I felt the move from Jones to Jacobs was a smart one and I still do.

That's not the point of this post however. This post is for my three wishes for this game. Obviously the first one is for a Packer victory. My second wish is for them to come through unscathed from an injury standpoint. Although depending on the injury I suppose this could be my first as a loss can be overcome but certain injuries might be more difficult to recover from. So maybe victory and no injuries can be 1A and 1B. If I had to have one other wish come true this weekend however it would probably have to be that we get Josh Jacobs his first receiving touchdown, preferably on his first reception. According to Maurice Jones-Drew (I did not verify this) Jacobs recorded his 200th career reception, and he is now one shy of tying Gerald Riggs for the most catches without a single TD reception in NFL history.
Riggs played RB from 1982- 1988 for the Falcons and made the pro bowl in 85,86,87. In those 7 years he caught 186 passes and no TDs. He then played 3 more years for the Redskins where, for some reason they rarely threw him the ball and he only caught 15 passes. All in all 201 receptions without a TD. We can't let JJ take this record.

Barring a TD reception I'll take a 150 yards and 2 rushing TDs and we can get him one vs the Rams next week.

Reaction score
Just a few thoughts on Jacobs.

To begin with I've been a Jacobs fan since he was drafted. From a player and production standpoint felt, and still do, that Jacobs and Jones were at least equals. Given each players age and injury history I felt the move from Jones to Jacobs was a smart one and I still do.

That's not the point of this post however. This post is for my three wishes for this game. Obviously the first one is for a Packer victory. My second wish is for them to come through unscathed from an injury standpoint. Although depending on the injury I suppose this could be my first as a loss can be overcome but certain injuries might be more difficult to recover from. So maybe victory and no injuries can be 1A and 1B. If I had to have one other wish come true this weekend however it would probably have to be that we get Josh Jacobs his first receiving touchdown, preferably on his first reception. According to Maurice Jones-Drew (I did not verify this) Jacobs recorded his 200th career reception, and he is now one shy of tying Gerald Riggs for the most catches without a single TD reception in NFL history.
Riggs played RB from 1982- 1988 for the Falcons and made the pro bowl in 85,86,87. In those 7 years he caught 186 passes and no TDs. He then played 3 more years for the Redskins where, for some reason they rarely threw him the ball and he only caught 15 passes. All in all 201 receptions without a TD. We can't let JJ take this record.

Barring a TD reception I'll take a 150 yards and 2 rushing TDs and we can get him one vs the Rams next week.
I think that goes to show you how unselfish Jacobs is (similar to Jones). Either of those guys if given the choice would take a Win over any individual performance.
I get it though, I want him to get that monkey off his back also. It’s been an unusual start I think Josh’s chances of a TD throw go up quite a bit once Love is back. It’s pretty crazy that Emmanuel Wilson already did it. That was a beautiful screen and cut and run through traffic though

I suspect Josh will have a pair of passing TD’s by seasons end.

Reaction score
Josh Jacobs is rushing for basically 4.5 yards per. Thats against 2 opponents with heavier boxes.
The only slight concern is ball security. It already cost him 1 TD. He has more fumbles than TD’s that needs to change

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh is literally just a younger Jones with slightly different skill sets but not crazy different. Both approach the game and team mindset the same, both can absolutely carve up a defense and while Jacobs seems to be better against contact Jones is a better homerun guy.

I could not have asked for a better football type guy to replace Jones….Jones the man is shoes no one can quickly fill tho.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What I am hoping for from Josh Jacobs is maybe something we are slowly seeing and that is a guy that is comfortable and performing at a high level, in a brand new offense (to him). Sure, RB's can be instantly plugged into any offense and be expected to do what they do best, run the ball. However, I think Packer fans have to wait a few more games, especially once Love is back, to truly evaluate what Jacobs can do as a Packer.

What I expect to see is a guy that will be a threat as both a runner and a receiver. Someone much like Aaron Jones, that MLF and the Packer offense can count on to pick up key 1st downs and on occasion break a long run/pass. I also hope he is more durable than AJ.

Much like I said about the "new" Packer defense, patience Packer fans, patience.

Reaction score
We’ve seen a couple of nice Runs come back for penalties also, just from observation. The last one was a 23 yarder which would’ve put us near goal to go. So far Josh is in that solid 4.5+ per carry but I also contend that he has had a less than ideal scenario. We played 2 teams that just loaded the box more to stop the Run and we used him to “wear” opponents down.

I think getting Jacobs involved in the passing game will be our next step. I don’t think we’ve unlocked his full potential yet.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Jacobs was fined $45k for finishing a 13yd run by lowerinv his helmet. Doesn't EVERY RB finish a run this way, at every level of football? Hope he appeals and wins, imho a completely garbage fine. https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1840121883485954524
Wow....WTAF? So the NFL wants Josh to take on an incoming tackler with his head and chest up and risk whiplash, broken ribs, etc.? He lowered his shoulder, the same way I was taught to play HB in pee wee football.:eek:

I can't figure this league out. I've watched that play at least 5 times and am still scratching my head at him getting fined.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacobs was fined $45k for finishing a 13yd run by lowerinv his helmet. Doesn't EVERY RB finish a run this way, at every level of football? Hope he appeals and wins, imho a completely garbage fine. https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1840121883485954524
Jordy Nelson is on the review committee. Jacobs has had 2 with the Raiders. Just so used to seeing that for decades in the NFL. Refrigerator Perry did several of those as a blocker and a back. The League gave you the choice of getting annihilated or getting out of his way.

Members online

Latest posts