PFF Grades for Week 2 Best and Worst

Reaction score
He was 7th. Wyatt is more and more like he was in college an elite dude but one that can get washed out a play or two.
Gotcha thanks,
I’m not complaining at you either, my only contention is just you were saying.. that you don’t make up these scores it’s not an infallible score card by PFF. Not to dismiss Preston as he plays consistently good, but Wyatt rated better imo. I didn’t study every player or snap intricately, but Wyatt finally had a good showing and I’m impressed it only took him 26 snaps to log those plays.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotcha thanks,
I’m not complaining at you either, my only contention is just you were saying.. that you don’t make up these scores it’s not an infallible score card by PFF. Not to dismiss Preston as he plays consistently good, but Wyatt rated better imo. I didn’t study every player or snap intricately, but Wyatt finally had a good showing and I’m impressed it only took him 26 snaps to log those plays.

This is how I explained Preston to a buddy. Say each snap a player has a potential output where 10 is whooping his assignment (whatever that is), wrecking the play and execution is perfection.

Preston doesn’t have many 10s happening these days in games but dude gives you a ton of 7/8s and you’re likely never getting less than 5 except maybe a snap or two.

Wyatt is coming into his own but is still a guy that very much might give you four 10s but also a few 3s and under.

Very odd way of expressing it but it clicked for my buddy.

Issue is most fans only see the 10s and the 1s and never notice the 7s or 8s.

Reaction score
Issue is most fans only see the 10s and the 1s and never notice the 7s or 8s.
Absolutely on the whole I’d agree there.
Past that and in my personal opinion, the stuff in that 1-3 OR 8-10 score range plays (call it deal breakers) SHOULD be weighted more. Again, not saying you created PFF or their ratings either. They are like many tools, helpful at a glance when you don’t have the time or resources to watch the plays yourself. Call it a nice indicator.

I only watched a few players regular but I credit Walker for 1 QB hurry that resulted in an INT. That should offset a few missed tackles or whatever (unless they are massive gains or scores). He also had another sideline tackle on that Wyatt Hurry that his combined effort credited a Stop. They attempted a FG and missed from 50. Those are really important plays because they flip field position, possession or even points. That ranks higher than a missed tackle or two by far on my grading scale. I doubt he was a 40? A 40 for me is like no hussle at all or you gave up points That score of 40 was a little tough for a 10 point game allowed. That overall performance worked and I don’t see where #7 allowed points if anything he detracted. Good thing about video is it doesn’t lie. RESULT: INT
Wyatt got credited but that forced error was more #7
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I often wonder do the staff at PFF take 1 player at a time and go play by play. Then onto the next player etc?? It would be interesting to be a part of that. Heck I might apply !

PS. The casual fan might not research things but I enjoy it. Our LB’s held Indy to 39 yards rushing across both Qtrs 1, 2. When you get up 10 points and are running the ball well you welcome your opponent to Run and eat clock. Especially so in a low score or no score game after HT.

Last edited:

Members online