• Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Yes, he can think as long as he wants. It is to his benefit just like last year. Mgmnt has to do what they want w/o taking Rodgers thought/feelings into consideration. Although it is certainly late to do what they should have already done.
Not really speaking on the management's part here. Was just saying that I think Rodgers will take his time with the decision and will wait till March as he stated. I could see his retirement going either way. He said he was going to meet with the front office to see what the franchise wants. No doubt they are working on the offseason assessments already and are making a plan. If the franchise says it wants to go a different way it would not surprise me if he packed up and called it a career. He really doesn't want to play somewhere else and the Packers own his rights. Very doubtful they would make a trade. Point is, we won't know for awhile. All we can do is speculate and I'm in the 50/50 boat on his playing verse retirement.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would his ego even let that happen ?
I don't think the FO is that ****ing petty to make it happen, long before anybody's ego would need to become involved. It's so ridiculous I can't even believe it's being discussed LOL

This offseason is going to be nowhere near contentious as some of you think.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really speaking on the management's part here. Was just saying that I think Rodgers will take his time with the decision and will wait till March as he stated. I could see his retirement going either way. He said he was going to meet with the front office to see what the franchise wants. No doubt they are working on the offseason assessments already and are making a plan. If the franchise says it wants to go a different way it would not surprise me if he packed up and called it a career. He really doesn't want to play somewhere else and the Packers own his rights. Very doubtful they would make a trade. Point is, we won't know for awhile. All we can do is speculate and I'm in the 50/50 boat on his playing verse retirement.
I don't think it gets any more complicated than that.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Favre retired, then UN-retired the Packers offered him a 10 yr/$20Mil marketing deal to stay retired. Wonder if a similar "arrangement" couldn't amicably be worked out with AR? Not sure of the legal/financial wranglings of the cap, but maybe something like: AR returning $40Mil SB to replenish the '23 cap and then once retired & the season begins signing a 5yr/$50Mil marketing deal?

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Favre retired, then UN-retired the Packers offered him a 10 yr/$20Mil marketing deal to stay retired. Wonder if a similar "arrangement" couldn't amicably be worked out with AR? Not sure of the legal/financial wranglings of the cap, but maybe something like: AR returning $40Mil SB to replenish the '23 cap and then once retired & the season begins signing a 5yr/$50Mil marketing deal?
I would think the league would be all over that. I don't know what exactly the legal ramifications of it would be, but I have to think they'd try their hardest to squash that. Though personally I think it would be a good way to let vets closer to the end stay with their teams and be assured money, either in salary or retirement from their team.

But the league wants movement of big players, so I think they'd do their best to kill a deal like that.

Indy Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not all snaps are created equal.

With the exception of 2011 (obviously) and 2017, Rodgers has shrunk and been at his worst in the biggest moments when we have needed him at his best.
An average Rodgers playoff game is 294 yards, 2.33 TDs, and 0.62 ints with the team scoring over 27 pts. This is probably better than any qb not named Mahomes. Last year was his only game under 20 pts in the playoffs. Almost 1/4 of bradys playoff career sees him score under 20. He's definitely had some bad moments but it's insane to not consider him a great playoff qb.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he will retire if not for other reason then he is well aware that if he doesn't he will hurt this team and hold JLO back or make it near impossible to keep him.

Onother possibility is he will want to return for 1 more season and will agree to an substantial pay cut and contract restructuring which will allove to us to keep JLO if they think he is the QB of the future. If that happens they will talk to JLO and ask him to sit behind AR for 1 more season and promiss him the starting job in 24.

Rodgers may want to come back on a 20-25mil deal because he may not want to retire after such a terrible run.

If he does I expect that will he will work very hard in the off-season to get himself in the best shape possible and we will be on fire for his final hurray .
Can we stop now before too late on the JLO thing? Brings images of a chunky *** *****y middle aged woman. Isn't Love easy enough?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers needs to go; it's over. He has been a subpar QB throughout the entire season. He is paid to be extraordinary, and he is worse than mediocre. No excuses. I'm so done with this guy. I'm so done with him playing atrociously and taking minimal accountability while berating everyone else. I'm DONE with his stupid hard count and I'm DONE with the countless checks while the play clock hits zero on nearly every single offensive play. This offense is so painful to watch, and it starts with #12. It has zero pace or rhythm, because Rodgers feels the need to make sure every single detail is perfect before snapping the ball. Has he ever considered adjusting to keep the defense off balance? No, he refuses to change. Within three plays we took yet another pointless TO (how many in the past several years???) and a delay of game because he is messing around at the LoS. I'm so done with this nonsense. Get under center, snap the ball, and run the damn play, you coward.

Rodgers is one of my favorite athletes of all time, but I am completely DONE with him. I'm done with the slow-paced offense; I'm done with the play clock hitting zero every play; I'm done with his diminished accuracy and lack of accountability; I'm done with his diminished commitment. I'm done with perennially choking and walking off at Lambeau as playoff loser. It's OVER. The best stretch of QB play, by far, that we saw all year was from Jordan Love in Philadelphia. They drafted him, they sat him, now it's time to make a difficult awkward decision (similar to the one TT made with Favre and Rodgers). Yes, it is eerily similar to Favre's ending, right down to the INT. It's time.

Inform Rodgers that Love will be the starter next season. He can either retire, serve as the backup, or consent to a trade. The FO needs to grow a spine and rip the band-aid off RIGHT NOW. Rodgers has brought me as much joy (and pain) as any athlete I can ever remember, but NOW IS THE TIME.
To simplify: From 2010 to 2017 Rodgers was danm fun to watch. Since he broke his collarbone, not so much.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's an entire sub forum for all Aaron topics and many surrounding this very thing. Helps keep conversations straight.
Yeah, but sometimes a topic comes to the forefront and is probably more appropriate to put here.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he will retire if not for other reason then he is well aware that if he doesn't he will hurt this team and hold JLO back or make it near impossible to keep him.

Onother possibility is he will want to return for 1 more season and will agree to an substantial pay cut and contract restructuring which will allove to us to keep JLO if they think he is the QB of the future. If that happens they will talk to JLO and ask him to sit behind AR for 1 more season and promiss him the starting job in 24.

Rodgers may want to come back on a 20-25mil deal because he may not want to retire after such a terrible run.

If he does I expect that will he will work very hard in the off-season to get himself in the best shape possible and we will be on fire for his final hurray .
Well, that would be the Disney ending anyway. My gut reaction from everything I've read and picked up on in press conferences the past couple months is that they already have an agreement in place and the plan is already to make Love the starter next year. I think Rodgers is choosing between retiring and playing for another team. I think he'll make the choice relatively quickly and by the end of February he'll chose to retire. It just doesn't look to me like he has much fun out there anymore. He seems to thrive on familiarity with his teammates and I just don't see him wanting to be the old new guy anywhere, except maybe the Raiders.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Onother possibility is he will want to return for 1 more season and will agree to an substantial pay cut and contract restructuring which will allove to us to keep JLO
I do think it's possible he retires to give Love a chance to start. He sat behind Favre and maybe he has some sympathy for his position. Your second sentence, I don't think there's a chance in hell of that. He's always demanded top dollar for his services, his ego demands that.

You had me all the way until you said we WASTED his career unfortunately. He let us down too.
I was thinking about that earlier. Did we waste his career, or he did he not rise to his hype (specifically post-season)? Probably a little bit of both.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's naive to believe that Aaron Rodgers, who never really gave any kind of hometown discount for Green Bay in his career, will just willingly walk away from 60 million dollars willy nilly if the organization doesn't want him back.

Yes, I realize that he said he would be willing to. No, I don't think saying you're willing to is the same as the actual reality of doing it.

Not saying it's impossible, but I think it's being floated as a far more likely scenario than it really is.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is 39, has been "grinding through" 18 seasons, and has made over $305mil in his career, so far. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that he may actually be saying "I'm tired, enough." I'm 59, have been working for 47 years, and can't wait to stop "the grind". If I had enough banked to never need to worry I don't think my boss saying "I'll pay you 50% more next year to forego retirement" would bring me back. ;)

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An average Rodgers playoff game is 294 yards, 2.33 TDs, and 0.62 ints with the team scoring over 27 pts. This is probably better than any qb not named Mahomes. Last year was his only game under 20 pts in the playoffs. Almost 1/4 of bradys playoff career sees him score under 20. He's definitely had some bad moments but it's insane to not consider him a great playoff qb.
Did you happen to look at his playoff wins, or just stats? WINS are what define a great playoff QB.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I still want to believe in my heart of hearts that he still gives us the best chance to win but I just dont know anymore.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't expect Rodgers to agree to a pay cut as he's fully guaranteed to receive nearly $60 million for next season if he continues to play. In addition I don't believe he's interested in making it easier for the team to keep Love around either.
I agree. Rodgers isn't going to do anyone a favor. I don't think he sees himself as the problem with the offense.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My gut reaction from everything I've read and picked up on in press conferences the past couple months is that they already have an agreement in place and the plan is already to make Love the starter next year.
No way. There 60 million reasons that will prove your gut reaction wrong.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is 39, has been "grinding through" 18 seasons, and has made over $305mil in his career, so far. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that he may actually be saying "I'm tired, enough." I'm 59, have been working for 47 years, and can't wait to stop "the grind". If I had enough banked to never need to worry I don't think my boss saying "I'll pay you 50% more next year to forego retirement" would bring me back. ;)
On the other hand… think of it like this. 60m is nearly 20% of Rodgers’ career earnings (football/salary wise, anyways). If you were contemplating retirement but knew your employer was going to have to pay you 20% of what you’ve earned in your lifetime for just one more year… you might have a harder time walking, ya know? Obviously that’s not specific to Rodgers either, but you get the idea - just a different angle to consider. I suspect I could tough it out for another year for 20% of my total career earnings….

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
On the other hand… think of it like this. 60m is nearly 20% of Rodgers’ career earnings (football/salary wise, anyways). If you were contemplating retirement but knew your employer was going to have to pay you 20% of what you’ve earned in your lifetime for just one more year… you might have a harder time walking, ya know? Obviously that’s not specific to Rodgers either, but you get the idea - just a different angle to consider. I suspect I could tough it out for another year for 20% of my total career earnings….
His nfl pay is not his only income.

How much did state farm pay him?
What other commercials?
How much investment money has he made? His 401k?

For each season a player gets a credit for a pension, he will get the Max pension..the average pension for players is about 50k...That's based on probably 5 years

50 million is a ton, but I doubt he really needs it...Want maybe, but need? No