Status
Not open for further replies.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll just put this here.

@Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead​

I think people are blaming too much on the coach and QB when it's a personnel issue. For another example, just look at how amazing the Bucs offense looked when their 3 starting receivers were all missing time. Minus their top 3 receivers, the Bucs receiving group is fairly comparable to the Packers optimal unit at the moment. It's not coaching, it's not scheme, it's the fact that the receiving options the Packers have are so limited that the entire passing portion of the playbook is a crapshoot based on whether a receiver is going to make a rare play on the ball. Gute's choices in the 2020 draft have crippled this offense and it's going to take time to overcome those choices. Love was a terrible pick, Dillon is proving why a 2nd round pick on a running back is bad value, and do I really need to defend spending a 3rd round pick on a FB/TE hybrid?
Words have meaning.
Some people have long memories.
Some of us pay attention to who says what and whether they own their words.
Also, people here pay attention to who shows up here, and under what circumstances they show up.

I'm one of those people.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Words have meaning.
Some people have long memories.
Some of us pay attention to who says what and whether they own their words.
Also, people here pay attention to who shows up here, and under what circumstances they show up.

I'm one of those people.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
An MVP level QB is a very rare thing. In the last 20 years there have only been 8. Their time should not be wasted, I will agree. However, if you have a chance to draft one when your QB is near the end of the road, you do it! This poster also over estimates Rodgers ability to win a SB. The additional weapon would not have significantly helped.

At this point it should be obvious, Gute made the correct choice for the team's sake. Appeasing a former great player in decline would have been the wrong move.
The team ALWAYS comes before any individual. There are NO exceptions.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Not like there is anything to do in Green Bay except watch professional football. Or so some players on other teams have said.
Yes, some players with very small minds. There is not a shortage of them in the league either.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
In Madison, there are 2 on Fish Hatchery Rd., right across from each other. :eek:
Appleton West Wisconsin Ave has 2 Fleet Farm gas stations across from each other. North side has the car wash. South side is across the lot from the biggest FF I've ever been in. So big I don't really care to use it unless I need to. To relate to this thread, maybe we should send JB in for some guinea hen food and hope he gets lost. (They have it.)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Appleton West Wisconsin Ave has 2 Fleet Farm gas stations across from each other. North side has the car wash. South side is across the lot from the biggest FF I've ever been in. So big I don't really care to use it unless I need to. To relate to this thread, maybe we should send JB in for some guinea hen food and hope he gets lost. (They have it.)
Ya see, down here, we have Farm & Fleet's! What an interesting story!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing that the defense played well against the Cowboys, but have you seen the box score from that game? Dallas not only won the time of possession, they ran 35 more plays than we did (89-54). They only punted twice to our three times. They had 15 more first downs (37-22). They had more yards than we did, 510-415. Of course, we led in some other key categories, like yards per play, sacks, and INTs.

I just bring it up because if you just looked at the box score, you wouldn't necessarily get an accurate picture of what happened. I know the losing team often racks up gaudy stats as the other team goes into a prevent defense. That's football. I just thought it was interesting.

This game is a great example of how people get deceived, by not knowing all the facts. If all you saw were the final score and then you looked at the Box score, you might say "Wow, surprised Dallas lost, they really outplayed them."

You answered your own question though with what I bolded. I would also add that the Packers pulled their Starters on both sides of the ball, up 48-16.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not like there is anything to do in Green Bay except watch professional football. Or so some players on other teams have said.

Have you seen the history of QBs going off the deep end at the end of their careers here in Green Bay...I think some serious thought needs to be put into how the team can keep their great QBs off the crazy forums because I think the QBs are getting bored and spending too much time on Redditt or 4chan or whatever...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
They only punted twice to our three times.
Two turnovers and 2 turnover on downs gave the Packers the ball just as effectively as punts. Packers scored TDs 5 of the first 6 times they had the ball plus added a pick 6 before pulling the starters. What more could you really ask for?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Two turnovers and 2 turnover on downs gave the Packers the ball just as effectively as punts. Packers scored TDs 5 of the first 6 times they had the ball plus added a pick 6 before pulling the starters. What more could you really ask for?
Exactly and again, where just a quick peak at "stats" does not tell the story in any shape or form.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is a great example of how people get deceived, by not knowing all the facts. If all you saw were the final score and then you looked at the Box score, you might say "Wow, surprised Dallas lost, they really outplayed them."
I get all that about the turnovers and all, that was my point, that you couldn't tell what happened in the game by looking at the stats.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I get all that about the turnovers and all, that was my point, that you couldn't tell what happened in the game by looking at the stats.
Right, but you started your original post like this:

I'm not disagreeing that the defense played well against the Cowboys, but have you seen the box score from that game? Dallas not only won the time of possession, they ran 35 more plays than we did (89-54). They only punted twice to our three times. They had 15 more first downs (37-22). They had more yards than we did, 510-415. Of course, we led in some other key categories, like yards per play, sacks, and INTs.
So it sounds like you are kind of questioning peoples view of what the Defense did.

I will say, you recovered nicely at the end of your post with this.

I just bring it up because if you just looked at the box score, you wouldn't necessarily get an accurate picture of what happened. I know the losing team often racks up gaudy stats as the other team goes into a prevent defense. That's football. I just thought it was interesting.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So it sounds like you are kind of questioning peoples view of what the Defense did.
I disagree, because I specifically said I'm not disagreeing that the defense played well. I'll plead guilty to sloppy writing though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I disagree, because I specifically said I'm not disagreeing that the defense played well. I'll plead guilty to sloppy writing though.
Semantics I guess? Just sounded like you were pointing to the fact that people are saying that the defense did well and you agreed that they may be right, but in your opinion, the stats said otherwise.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit I don’t pay ANY attention to who says what more than a day ago.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Semantics I guess? Just sounded like you were pointing to the fact that people are saying that the defense did well and you agreed that they may be right, but in your opinion, the stats said otherwise.
No, I was just fascinated by the phenomenon that you can dominate a game to that extent - which was about as much as you can - and yet the stats can look so skewed. It's a very common thing in blowouts that the losing team racks up more passing yards as they try to catch up, and the defense goes into prevent, but I still find it interesting.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most of us have not anointed Barry as the second coming. Nor have many of us not said "if this continues". I agree with you that giving JB a new 5 year contract based on Sunday alone would be a knee jerk reaction, but keeping the possibility of keeping him another year open, given the last 3 games, isn't.

Vikings: 10 points
Bears: 9 points
Cowboys: 16 points (before starters pulled with game in hand)

Were you ready to give up on Jordan Love 7 games into the season? Oh wait, it is you, yes you were. ;)
Big ole disagree on that. In fact quite the opposite. Barry isn't some 1st year D coordinator. There's a pretty large body of work that you can look at that says he shouldn't have the job and useing a 3 game sample size with one of those games being against a 3rd string QB and another on against Justin Fields as justification for even possibly keeping him is the definition of a knee jerk reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.