Favre > Rodgers > Love

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A decade or more ago, an old friend of mine robbed a bank. I hadn't seen him in years but we were all shocked. This guy was straight as an arrow, an Iraq war veteran, and had a decent job. It ended up that his crazy wife started telling him that she had terminal cancer and needed money to pay their doctor bills. It stressed their finances and him to the point where he robbed a bank to "save her life." After he was arrested and the police questioned her, she admitted to making it all up so that she could go shopping and on vacations. He's still in jail.

Crazy people do make up illnesses. Favre is a bit crazy but I'd really doubt that he made that up and said it in front of Congress.
I'm hoping Favre has the kind of Parkinson's that only makes you send dick pics and steal money from a State's TANF fund.

I guess my gut reaction to Favre's statement to congress (below) is it seemed more like a guy looking for an excuse and sympathy, but whatever works for him. Like I said, I hope he doesn't have the disease, but I guess it wouldn't surprise me a whole lot of he did, the guy always got up and always kept playing.

"Sadly, I also lost an investment in a company that I believed was developing a breakthrough concussion drug I thought would help others, and I’m sure you’ll understand why it’s too late for me because I’ve recently been diagnosed with Parkinson’s," Favre said during the hearing."

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A decade or more ago, an old friend of mine robbed a bank. I hadn't seen him in years but we were all shocked. This guy was straight as an arrow, an Iraq war veteran, and had a decent job. It ended up that his crazy wife started telling him that she had terminal cancer and needed money to pay their doctor bills. It stressed their finances and him to the point where he robbed a bank to "save her life." After he was arrested and the police questioned her, she admitted to making it all up so that she could go shopping and on vacations. He's still in jail.

Crazy people do make up illnesses. Favre is a bit crazy but I'd really doubt that he made that up and said it in front of Congress.
Damn EG that is one wild story. My take away is how that guy's wife was so easily able to manipulate het husband. Some people are very convincing liars.

Favre is not a liar. I think he's a good person, and he just took too much punishment while playing football. Parkinson's at that age is rare. My brother got it, probably from exposure to agent orange in storage in the Philippines during Vietnam. He was diagnose at 49 and dies at 66.

I wish the best for Favre and his family.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's pretty surprising to me, but I actually don't think it's a terrible decision - although the timing is odd. If you had already been thinking of firing him...why'd it take so long? If you hadn't been considering it until recently...why now? The Jets this season have been bad, but not coach-firing bad IMO.

Overall though I feel like Saleh is another guy who is a great coordinator but mediocre HC. They have had a good defense with him (well, most of the time) but that's about it. Very little improvements, horribly undisciplined, and at least from the outside seems to be seriously lacking in leadership/accountability...and that was even before Rodgers came back to health.

I don't understand how Hackett survives outside of being Rodgers' buddy, though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That's pretty surprising to me, but I actually don't think it's a terrible decision - although the timing is odd. If you had already been thinking of firing him...why'd it take so long? If you hadn't been considering it until recently...why now? The Jets this season have been bad, but not coach-firing bad IMO.

Overall though I feel like Saleh is another guy who is a great coordinator but mediocre HC. They have had a good defense with him (well, most of the time) but that's about it. Very little improvements, horribly undisciplined, and at least from the outside seems to be seriously lacking in leadership/accountability...and that was even before Rodgers came back to health.

I don't understand how Hackett survives outside of being Rodgers' buddy, though.
I watched the Jets-Vikings game in London on Sunday morning. I saw an older and declining Aaron Rodgers, making some really good throws and some really bad throws (3 int.s and 1 pick 6). I also saw the same AR that used to play for the Packers. We all know "that guy"....the guy that snarls and grimaces after plays. The guy that looks like no matter what his teammates are doing, he is ready to go postal on them.

I can't say that I know a ton about the Jets, but from what I do know, I think they have made 2 big mistakes. The first, keeping GM Joe Douglas. The Jets are 29-59 under him. Second, trading for Aaron Rodgers. I think Robert Saleh was the least of their problems.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the part about tension between Saleh and Rodgers had more to do with it than the teams performance. That whole issue with the hug a couple of weeks ago was cringe worthy. I don't think it had anything to do with a 3 score lead or whatever it was played off as.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow....big news out of New York.....Robert Saleh has been fired as their HC.

Woody? WTF are you doing? I mean really? You don't see this as the same problem the Packers were having with AR?

In markets like NY and Philly they have a short leash. The fans and the media there reflect it. They have very little patience or tolerance. And it is reflective in ALL their sports. Someone like MM would probably have been axed after any one of our playoff losses from 2011-2017 if he was in such a jungle. I remember back in 1980 the Yankees fired a manager named **** Howser after he wins 103 games! He goes on to win a World Series in Kansas City 5 years later. The Yankees wind up waiting until well into the 90's.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the Jets-Vikings game in London on Sunday morning. I saw an older and declining Aaron Rodgers, making some really good throws and some really bad throws (3 int.s and 1 pick 6). I also saw the same AR that used to play for the Packers. We all know "that guy"....the guy that snarls and grimaces after plays. The guy that looks like no matter what his teammates are doing, he is ready to go postal on them.

I can't say that I know a ton about the Jets, but from what I do know, I think they have made 2 big mistakes. The first, keeping GM Joe Douglas. The Jets are 29-59 under him. Second, trading for Aaron Rodgers. I think Robert Saleh was the least of their problems.
I think the trouble for the Jets (well, among many, lol) is that they've pretty much built set themselves up to expect the 2021 and prior MVP-level Rodgers, and based on early returns it looks like they're getting something closer to the 2022-last-season-in-GB Rodgers, which is to say that he can still be a very good QB but IMO is probably no longer going to be playing at an elite or MVP level - at least not with any consistency.

So I don't know necessarily that it was a "bad" decision for the Jets in that even a declining Rodgers is an improvement on just about every quarterback they've had in recent memory (Rodgers' "down" 2022 was still better than any Jets QB since Fitzpatrick in 2015). But expecting him to come in and play like a league MVP who is going to singlehandedly take you to a super bowl was silly.

And yeah, I'd agree that Joe is a problem too. But I guess when I look at the Jets as a whole I can't really say that Saleh as head coach was part of "the solution" either, know what I mean?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Saleh was the best man at LaFleur's wedding. He also worked with Jeff Hafley in San Francisco, might be a good hire as a defensive consultant for the Packers.