Favre > Rodgers > Love

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the trouble for the Jets (well, among many, lol) is that they've pretty much built set themselves up to expect the 2021 and prior MVP-level Rodgers, and based on early returns it looks like they're getting something closer to the 2022-last-season-in-GB Rodgers, which is to say that he can still be a very good QB but IMO is probably no longer going to be playing at an elite or MVP level - at least not with any consistency.

So I don't know necessarily that it was a "bad" decision for the Jets in that even a declining Rodgers is an improvement on just about every quarterback they've had in recent memory (Rodgers' "down" 2022 was still better than any Jets QB since Fitzpatrick in 2015). But expecting him to come in and play like a league MVP who is going to singlehandedly take you to a super bowl was silly.

And yeah, I'd agree that Joe is a problem too. But I guess when I look at the Jets as a whole I can't really say that Saleh as head coach was part of "the solution" either, know what I mean?
Aside from Rodgers and all the other dysfunction with the Jets, Saleh just wasn't cut out to be a HC. It happens. He'll certainly find a job as a DC, probably next year.

The bigger mystery is why Hackett has a job as an OC, anywhere. He's buds with Rodgers, so there's that. But I don't expect the Jets will be bringing home a Lombardi in February, and I don't expect Rodgers or Hackett to be back next year.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Being Rodgers' buddy is how Hackett survives. It amazes me he got as far as he did in GB. Probably fair to say he was a decent QB coach, but with Tom Clements, why was NH necessary? Who knows? Who cares?

Firing Saleh is strange. Johnson didn't tell anyone, just whacked him. Not worth the time to figure it out. Johnson is as much to blame for the Jets' lousy record as anyone in that building.

From things I have read, it sounded like Saleh was about to fire Hackett. It would not surprise me one bit if during AR's conversation with Woody on Monday night, Rodgers stuck up for Hackett and the job he was doing. That isn't to say that he did or didn't stick up for Saleh. However, telling Woody something like "You are going to lose this team if Saleh fires Hackett", wouldn't be too hard to believe.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't expect Rodgers or Hackett to be back next year.
Unless Rodgers retires, completely deteriorates or sets off a giant drama bomb, I think he will be back for another year with the Jets. His salary is affordable for them and cutting him would bring a $49M dead cap. Not to mention, they have nobody behind him right now, unless you consider Tyrod Taylor a starter.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Jets new HC Jeff Ulbrich made his first big move. He demoted Nathaniel Hackett of offensive play-calling duties and assigned that role to quarterbacks coach/passing game coordinator Todd Downing.

I wonder how that is sitting with AR.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
Unless Rodgers retires, completely deteriorates or sets off a giant drama bomb, I think he will be back for another year with the Jets. His salary is affordable for them and cutting him would bring a $49M dead cap. Not to mention, they have nobody behind him right now, unless you consider Tyrod Taylor a starter.
We could work a trade?

Our 2025 3rd for Jets 2nd Rounder
A 2026 2nd

They get Malik and Scrub a Dub Doubs

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could work a trade?

Our 2025 3rd for Jets 2nd Rounder
A 2026 2nd

They get Malik and Scrub a Dub Doubs
I'm not giving up on Doubs so soon. That might be the message from Gluten to Doubs - straighten up or you won't have Love throwing to you anymore. You could end up in Carolina, or Tennessee, or you get the picture.

I'm guessing that what's happening is some WRs see the huge money the top wideouts are getting, and so they want production for their next contract. If Doubs thinks that highly of himself, he should rethink. There just aren't that many $30 mil/year WRs out there, and I don't see Doubs turning into one soon.

His hissy fit last week may be about something else. I just wouldn't consider trading him for draft picks, or at all.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saleh was the best man at LaFleur's wedding. He also worked with Jeff Hafley in San Francisco, might be a good hire as a defensive consultant for the Packers.
Did Saleh throw a bad bachelor party? Give a terrible toast? You would think a guy would warn his best man about a troublesome employee.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From things I have read, it sounded like Saleh was about to fire Hackett. It would not surprise me one bit if during AR's conversation with Woody on Monday night, Rodgers stuck up for Hackett and the job he was doing. That isn't to say that he did or didn't stick up for Saleh. However, telling Woody something like "You are going to lose this team if Saleh fires Hackett", wouldn't be too hard to believe.
Hackett's demotion makes this scenario less likely IMO.

Reaction score
I'm not giving up on Doubs so soon. That might be the message from Gluten to Doubs - straighten up or you won't have Love throwing to you anymore. You could end up in Carolina, or Tennessee, or you get the picture.

I'm guessing that what's happening is some WRs see the huge money the top wideouts are getting, and so they want production for their next contract. If Doubs thinks that highly of himself, he should rethink. There just aren't that many $30 mil/year WRs out there, and I don't see Doubs turning into one soon.

His hissy fit last week may be about something else. I just wouldn't consider trading him for draft picks, or at all.
Yeah. I guess I was just having fun imagining the possibilities this opens!;)

It’s all Good. Good chance he’s not going anywhere. I’m actually hoping this puts pressure on Love to throw his way and for Doubs to step his game up and show us what he’s got.

Reaction score
Hackett's demotion makes this scenario less likely IMO.
The other thing. If Woody really did call Rodgers (Aaron claims he did) and Woody really didn’t tell him he was going to fire Saleh? (Also Rodgers contention on Pat M) Maybe Woody was not intending to at that moment. If Rodgers made a point that “Hackett wasn’t the problem” so to speak, it could’ve been Rodgers did Bus Saleh. He might’ve not intended for him to get fired but whatever Rodgers said in that conversation sure didn’t aid Saleh.

I don’t trust Rodgers though. I’m a fan of his play in GB, but I’m not a fan of his character. I wouldn’t be making alliances with Aaron Rodgers on Big Brother if that makes sense? I think he’s emotionally untrustworthy and he’s shown plenty of evidence of that. Like others I’m glad he’s not in GB, this dark cloud seems to follow him. Maybe he needs another Darkness retreat to see the light. Good Riddance
:)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Did Saleh throw a bad bachelor party? Give a terrible toast? You would think a guy would warn his best man about a troublesome employee.
Rodgers drama isn't much of a secret. I doubt MLF had to send up any flares to warn his buddy Saleh about him.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saleh knows MLF very well, they're close friends. Not sure if Saleh if familiar with Hafley. I'm pretty sure Saleh will end up as a DC somewhere, but I doubt it will be this season. He'll get paid for doing nothing, and after all the drama with the Jets, the guy could use some time off. Despite any connections he has, he won't be a defensive consultant in GB, or anywhere, this year.

Saleh's firing was a surprise, at least to me. Rodgers came into town with a bunch of his has-been buddies - Hackett, Lazard, Cobb - and I just don't think a GM makes those moves unless he's been ordered to keep Rodgers happy.

Well I got news for ya Woody, Rodgers is not gonna save the Jets, not this year and not next year. Too bad really, for Jets' fans. The Jets have assembled a good amount of talent the last two years or so. All they need is a leader, and a QB who isn't a rental.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saleh knows MLF very well, they're close friends. Not sure if Saleh if familiar with Hafley. I'm pretty sure Saleh will end up as a DC somewhere, but I doubt it will be this season. He'll get paid for doing nothing, and after all the drama with the Jets, the guy could use some time off. Despite any connections he has, he won't be a defensive consultant in GB, or anywhere, this year.
Yeah, and while there's a small part of me that thinks it could be beneficial, in large part I don't think it makes sense for us either... Hafley has been doing well IMO. There's definitely some areas to improve, but to me it would seriously undermine him to have someone like Saleh brought in as a "consultant" or whatever. How would you feel if your boss's best friend got hired and was tasked with analyzing/overseeing/providing quality control/etc for your role?? You're going to be spending half your time looking over your shoulder and worried that you're one mistake away from being told you're being replaced next season.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, and while there's a small part of me that thinks it could be beneficial, in large part I don't think it makes sense for us either... Hafley has been doing well IMO. There's definitely some areas to improve, but to me it would seriously undermine him to have someone like Saleh brought in as a "consultant" or whatever. How would you feel if your boss's best friend got hired and was tasked with analyzing/overseeing/providing quality control/etc for your role?? You're going to be spending half your time looking over your shoulder and worried that you're one mistake away from being told you're being replaced next season.
That's probably the best reason to not bring Saleh anywhere near GB. Thanks Magooch. I completely missed that.

It was just a rumor anyway and I'm certain there's nothing to it, other than pure guesswork and based on the relationship MLF has with Saleh. And people love to speculate (including me sometimes.....).

Hafley deserves time to make this D his own. There have been some hiccups, which I expect with a new DC and a new scheme 5 games in. The D-line has mysteriously been a non-factor, but the play of the S group is a complete 180 from last year. The LB group is better with Cooper. Rookies Cooper, Bullard, Williams, and FA addition McKinney have all had a huge impact on the D. And the D-line will find its footing. I'm happy with the way they've adjusted to running QBs, even though that results in fewer sacks and pressures.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Hafley and Saleh worked together in SF and had a really good defense. That said, it sounds like Saleh wants to take the rest of the year off. Had he wanted to continue to work and Hafley was open to the reunion, I would have loved seeing him in GB.

Members online

No members online now.