Favre > Rodgers > Love

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Probably my favorite bit of his. Thanks for finding this Poker. This and the "seven words you can't say on TV", which got him arrested a long time ago in - Milwaukee at Summerfest I think. Thankfully, things have changed.
Yup, 1972.

George wasn't just a funny guy, he was a very intelligent and observant guy. What is interesting is that he dropped out of High School at the age of 14.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ohhh....and the list....7 words most of us Packer fans yell every Sunday!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ohhh....and the list....7 words most of us Packer fans yell every Sunday!

Thanks for digging this up!!!!! I did not know he dropped out of HS. And yeah, he was very bright and deeply insightful. Sometimes we laugh hardest at what we have to admit is true.

Reaction score
It shouldn't matter if it is the #1 guy on your roster or the #90 guy, nobody should put themselves above the team. Rodgers even said as much a few months ago.

The last time I checked, there weren't a lot of jobs that pay $45M/year, with a schedule that gives you quite a few months off to boot. A fine means nothing to Rodgers, its pocket change. What should mean something to him, is the message he himself is sending to his teammates by skipping out on a mandatory practice. Based on the NY Media reaction, he isn't scoring any points with the fans either.

Great player, so glad we are done with him.
He’s got a little Tom Cruise in him. It’s like he gets crazier with age :laugh:

Reaction score
Yup and with the NFL on hiatus again for awhile, the burning question is:

I think I found him. He’s popping out from the Tent after a mini-darkness solitude moment. He’s clearly under the “E” in “WHERE’S”.
The guy in green. He’s got ties to Green. Packers, Jets and $$

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Reaction score
The forum has been in "Rodgers Silence" far too long.

Someone better get the man a bigger hat.

I once had a friend that worked for a company that made hats (this is actually a true story!) Byron would come home after work with an assortment of hats. He didn’t make much $$, but one perk is he would travel around the country with the Owner, going to events to promote their merchandise. Up until today, I’ve never met anyone that could wear so many hats at work and do it at a functional level.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I once had a friend that worked for a company that made hats (this is actually a true story!) Byron would come home after work with an assortment of hats. He didn’t make much $$, but one perk is he would travel around the country with the Owner, going to events to promote their merchandise. Up until today, I’ve never met anyone that could wear so many hats at work and do it at a functional level.
When I was a poor starving college student, I did some modeling of Badger gear for a company. No pay, but got to keep whatever I wore in the pictures. Always was hoping for car/truck gig, but never got one. :(

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm trying to imagine Rodgers as a HC. Not working for me. HCs have to be hardarses now and then, but they also have to know how to coddle a zillion dollar QB and a $2 mil/year kicker, and everyone in between. He's not that kinda guy. Rodgers loves Rodgers too much.

Reaction score
I'm trying to imagine Rodgers as a HC. Not working for me. HCs have to be hardarses now and then, but they also have to know how to coddle a zillion dollar QB and a $2 mil/year kicker, and everyone in between. He's not that kinda guy. Rodgers loves Rodgers too much.
Who knows. He might surprise us.
At very minimum I think he could be a good OC. Not sure he’d want to be a HC. He seems to complain about the “grind” and being a HC is a very time intensive job.

I think he’d be better off being a commentator or something like that. It’s much less investment and likely better $$

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm haven't been much of an off the field Favre fan, but really sad to read this, I hope it isn't true:

Kind of a catch-22 there too. I don't know exactly how to say it without sounding awful, but it's like...obviously you hope it's not true, but of course also I'd hope Favre wouldn't go before congress and make up a fake diagnosis to try and gain some sympathy, either... I guess there's the possibility of some kind of misunderstanding, miscommunication, misdiagnosis, etc., but just a crummy situation all around.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Kind of a catch-22 there too. I don't know exactly how to say it without sounding awful, but it's like...obviously you hope it's not true, but of course also I'd hope Favre wouldn't go before congress and make up a fake diagnosis to try and gain some sympathy, either... I guess there's the possibility of some kind of misunderstanding, miscommunication, misdiagnosis, etc., but just a crummy situation all around.

Agree. Maybe Favre's Doc said "You may be showing early signs of Parkinson's, let's keep an eye on it."

I think we are on the same page though. I found it rather interesting that it wasn't until the congressional hearing that he decided to make it known publicly.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congress? Wow, Favre's definitely getting the type of attention you don't want to get. He's lucky he hasn't been charged, really. Sorry to hear if he has Parkinson's, he played a major role in turning the franchise around. And was a fun player to watch, to boot.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Sorry to hear Favre has Parkinson's Disease. Next month, on October 10th, it will be 4 yrs since my father lost his battle with Parkinson's. Coincidently, Oct 10th is also Brett Favre's birthday. Parkinson's is a horrible Disease to see someone progress through. Another famous sports legend from MLB, Kirk Gibson, is living with Parkinson's. He has a foundation (The Kirk Gibson Foundation for Parkinson's) I have donated to, in honor of my father.

Members online