Davante Adams

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seriously see folks say Davente, Davantae, Devante.....

DAVANTE ADAM folks.

No, he is not the second coming of Christ.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It was a simple typing error which I corrected. Everything is okay, mistakes happen. Have a great day folks.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Traded to Jets for a 3rd round pick that can conditionally become a 2nd.

I think that's good value.

Could we have afforded him at this price?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Traded to Jets for a 3rd round pick that can conditionally become a 2nd.

I think that's good value.

Could we have afforded him at this price?

Could we have...this year.....but it would have been an astronomical failure of management to have done it both from locker room, roster structure and next years cap.

Cap hit this year $11,590,000
Next year $36,250,000
Year after $36,250,000

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. We don't need him and we can't afford his massive contract.

Can you imagine how Doubs and others would react if Adams (or some other stud) came in and took most of their targets? Balance at all levels is the key to winning. Seeing Love spread the ball around to nine pass catchers on Sunday is a key ingredient to winning. Forcing the ball to Devante Adams or some other #1 makes us predictable and beatable.

Reaction score
I’ll offer a couple things. The Jets Tyron Smith just about got Rodgers killed. He allowed 2 Sacks and commentators said he already had 3 on the season. That’s 5 Sacks allowed in 6 contests. They’d better fix that OL because your blind tackle can’t have 14 Sacks on the season.

Rodgers getting Adams is substantial. Garrett Wilson paired with Davante Adams with Lazard and Mike Williams now a WR3,WR4 is substantial. I’m not sure NY can afford it, but #17 will instantly revitalize that Offense. That means the CB2 gets Garret Wilson or Davante Adams. Good luck!

PS. I saw at least 3 critical drops by NY last night, plus a WR slip that made a good throw by Rodgers turn into a INT. Not to mention about 1 in 5 on contested catches. Rodgers needed this

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll offer a couple things. The Jets Tyron Smith just about got Rodgers killed. He allowed 2 Sacks and commentators said he already had 3 on the season. That’s 5 Sacks allowed in 6 contests. They’d better fix that OL because your blind tackle can’t have 14 Sacks on the season.

Rodgers getting Adams is substantial. Garrett Wilson paired with Davante Adams with Lazard and Mike Williams now a WR3,WR4 is substantial. I’m not sure NY can afford it, but #17 will instantly revitalize that Offense. That means the CB2 gets Garret Wilson or Davante Adams. Good luck!

PS. I saw at least 3 critical drops by NY last night, plus a WR slip that made a good throw by Rodgers turn into a INT. Not to mention about 1 in 5 on contested catches. Rodgers needed this
Your 1st paragraph is why this is a wasted move by the Jets. The problem is the oline (and Rodgers can't move)

On top of that just wait for Wilson to request a trade in the offseason after being relegated to the #3 WR because Rodgers absolutely needs his boy Allen ****in Lazard on the field because he "trusts" him more.

Gute and the Packers looking like Roses right now

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lazard and MW too slow. Jets are a heaping pile

PS hey Woody how about Bakhtiari for a 3rd rounder??? LOL

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers getting Adams is substantial. Garrett Wilson paired with Davante Adams with Lazard and Mike Williams now a WR3,WR4 is substantial.
Adams' presence will make those guys largely irrelevant, just like when 12 and 17 were here. Rodgers will get into panic mode when things get desperate and get tunnel vision on his security blanket and it will cost them when he makes dumb throws and ignores other guys running open. He did it for years here. He'll do it to them too.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im excited to see what Adams can do...I fully expect his addition to turn around the Jets season.

I know Im in the minority here but Id prefer Rodgers to do well, just makes for a more exciting nfl season

As a true homer id love to see the Packers beat the Jets in the SB

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't expect him to really make much difference. The Jets problems are not their WR's, it's their offensive and defensive lines. It looks to me like they're cooked. They are still in the hunt I guess for a wild card spot but I'm not liking what I'm seeing out there.

Reaction score
Im excited to see what Adams can do...I fully expect his addition to turn around the Jets season.

I know Im in the minority here but Id prefer Rodgers to do well, just makes for a more exciting nfl season

As a true homer id love to see the Packers beat the Jets in the SB
I don’t think the Jets are that bad. I’ve watched 4 of the 6 games and the last 2 games I watched, Rodgers had an opportunity to Win both. Games are decided by a couple penalties or missed opportunities. There were plenty of dropped passes or Missed FG’s that would’ve put that game away as a Jets W.
Buffalo is not some slouch team. They are a Playoff caliber team that barely squeaked by a self inflicting Jets performance.
Another good player added on Offense is going to help. Expensive but it’s 100% going to help. Often Garrett was the only guy getting open consistently. They’ll need Tyron to play better OR possibly supply him with more TE help so the Epenesa’s can’t just bend around him. If Rodgers has 1 more second he’s going to tear teams up. Too many drops that should’ve been a 4-8 point Jets Win

Members online