CeeDee Lamb a Green Bay Packer <trade proposal>

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I would not pay any of them. I like the very young no names we have now. Several of them could develop into superstars. Not just one. If we get good at the TE position we could have another
" Big Five " like we did in 2011. If money is there look to other positions including defense which wins championships.
Good segue to a question that popped into my head as I was reading comments on WR salaries.

Would anyone here trade a 1st round pick for Davante Adams and it required giving him a new deal at $34M/year?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DJ ‘s better than Kupp, St. Brown, Brown and Lamb. Jmho.
Moore is a really good player but he's not close to being better then any of those guys unless Kupp is about to fall off a cliff.

Moore is a little behind Terry McClaurin

To the larger point being discussed WR has quickly become the most over paid position in the league. It's to the point I'd argue using a 3rd or higher to draft a guy every year is better then paying these top guys

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know really!

They may end up at 2-15, with their only wins being against Da Bears!

The scary thing is, if JJ is say a capable and above average starter. This high of a pick coming due to this season could propel that team quite fast.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The scary thing is, if JJ is say a capable and above average starter. This high of a pick coming due to this season could propel that team quite fast.
Nah, we say that about the Bears every year and look what happens. ;)

Some franchises are just born losers. :D

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Moore is a really good player but he's not close to being better then any of those guys unless Kupp is about to fall off a cliff.

Moore is a little behind Terry McClaurin

To the larger point being discussed WR has quickly become the most over paid position in the league. It's to the point I'd argue using a 3rd or higher to draft a guy every year is better then paying these top guys
Moore also played on a team that had crap for complimentary WR's. The Bears TE Kmet was the next closest to production, then you had a RB (Johnson) and WR Mooney.

Moore was targeted 136 times, the rest of the Bears WR's (7 of them) had 123 targets amongst them.

Not saying that Moore isn't a good WR, just saying you have to look at the big picture when looking at stats. If Odunze is the great player that we are being told he is, then Moore stats might go down.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good segue to a question that popped into my head as I was reading comments on WR salaries.

Would anyone here trade a 1st round pick for Davante Adams and it required giving him a new deal at $34M/year?
Not I.

Reaction score
The $$ is too high imo. Now if we already had “our guy” and he’d structure the deal to be a win win sure.

Right now we’re young. Real young. I’m excited to see who rises from this crop. I think we already have a WR1 on board and I’m about 85% certainty there. It often takes 3-4 seasons to elevate and most of our guys are in their 2-3rd seasons. We’ve probably got not only a WR1 developing, but likely a good WR2 and a pair of decent WR3’s. Not long ago we had a WR1 and a WR3 and a bunch of 4’s,5’s etc.

I still think Musgrave has big time potential. I just don't know how quickly we’ll see it. He had 352 yards and 1TD in about 1/2 season of injuries. I think that he’s a 800-1000 yard 6-8TD guy once he’s acclimated and stays healthy.

Last edited:

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is bubby hahaha but for real
Anybody can be a bubby. It’s a term of country affection. Like cali guys say dude. My real country friends might come over to the house or see me at the watering hole and go “ oh hell….whaddya doooin buuubbbbyyyy!!!!” KY is great. I def recommend a visit if you’ve never traveled through the Bluegrass.

Reaction score
Anybody can be a bubby. It’s a term of country affection. Like cali guys say dude. My real country friends might come over to the house or see me at the watering hole and go “ oh hell….whaddya doooin buuubbbbyyyy!!!!” KY is great. I def recommend a visit if you’ve never traveled through the Bluegrass.
It is beautiful. Last time I traveled through I remember a lot of Ranches and horse trailers. I had family in Owensboro for a couple years back in the 90’s

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll be here talking in November bubby. Have no fear of that
Bear's #1's vs Bengals #2's looked like crap. Imho wasted #1 pick on Caleb, Bagent looks better. Poise, touch, reads the D... CW will be watching from sidelines by November as da Bears fight for .500.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh…didn’t love the play calling at the start of the game but still, the flashes were there.
The falling left and throwing an absolute dime to Rome on the left sideline for 40 some yards was beautiful.
The athleticism and escapability on the TD run…..you’re only kidding yourself bubby.
Everybody else sees it.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh…didn’t love the play calling at the start of the game but still, the flashes were there.
He had Moore, Allen & Odunze running routes the 1st half, against Cincy's #2's... and his only success was a P.I. & sideline bomb to Odunze. Flash away, amidst 3 & outs.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 weeks and counting and then we’ll all find out won’t we. I am betting a lot on Bears to win week 1. You’d be smart to do the same.
I cannot wait for this season to start.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don’t have to take my word for it. I’ll let Tyreek Hill do that and he said Caleb is so good that he reminds him of….. well we all know who reminds him of….he just doesn’t want to say the name out loud.
Maybe a QB who went to Tx Tech maybe??

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only time I'll care about C. Williams is x2 a year. Although.. guess we are supposed to care about him in every thread.
I get it Bubby. There’s not really a lot to say this time of year except my guys awesome and your guy sucks!!
A couple weeks from now we will have some substantive things to discuss.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are definitely not trading for Ceedee Lamb...why would they? They have 4 of the most exciting young players in the league amongst their wr group.

To me, that right there is where this whole lunatic scheme comes apart in the first place.

First of all, as many have said, the fact that this is absolutely not a position of need in Green Bay makes it absurd right out of the gate. Why would we even consider it?

They are going to have to pay them eventually. Say Watson stays healthy all year and puts up 75 catches for 1500 yards and 15 tds in his third season. At that point you're talking extension during training camp next year

That's the reality of it. We have one of the most dangerous passing games in the NFL - possibly more deadly than any group of receivers Rodgers ever had - and we're paying $12.3 million for that group.

Total.

Adding Lamb would almost quadruple the payroll for wide receivers. We'd go from paying $12.3 million to mid-40s, and 3/4 of that would go Lamb.

Gutekunst has done an amazing job of building a Super Bowl team over the last few years; he's been masterful in his use of every resource he has available. This deal would make those resources much more difficult for him to use as we continue to build this young team.

Adding Lamb to the mix at this stage would hurt Green Bay over the next few years more than it could possibly help.

It is beautiful. Last time I traveled through I remember a lot of Ranches and horse trailers. I had family in Owensboro for a couple years back in the 90’s

It's OK, but nothing special. Can't shake a stick at Wisconsin. If you catch Kentucky on a good day, it's pretty, but you can say that about anywhere (although some parts of the Bluegrass are very nice at sunset, and there's always the Applachians in the east). But I tghink all in all Wisconsin, is a lot prettier. There's just no water here - there are as many actual, natural lakes in the city of Madison as there are in the entire state o Kentucky.

I've been here 13 years, and I hate it. Really miss cooler, greener climates where you can do more outdoors year round. In Kentucky, you get 5 months of blazing, white hot and steaming mid-August every year, followed by a month of the leaves dying and falling off the trees.... then you get 5 months of wet, grey, sloppy March... and finally, in April, you get about a month or a month and a half of cool, pleasant spring, with more shades of green than you've ever even heard of before, painted with soft, buttery sunlight.

That month is special. Then by mid-May, you're already hitting the 90s, and the fun's over. That blazing ball of hellfire takes over and bakes all that soft green into dry, crumbly shades of brown. And you start your 5-month sentence to mid-August. You'll still be seeing 90 degrees into October.

I've lived in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Montana, Hawaii, and California, and I've loved every one of them. Miss many things about all of them. When I get out of here, there's very little I'll miss, except for some close friends up in the mountains.

The only time I'll care about C. Williams is x2 a year. Although.. guess we are supposed to care about him in every thread.

I'm just shaking my head, wondering how in the flying **** a thread about a potential trade between the Packers and the Cowboys turns into a thread about a rookie quarterback on the Bears. It's like some weird alternate universe.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don’t have to take my word for it. I’ll let Tyreek Hill do that ...
Hahahaaaaaa, you're actually listening to the gibberish Tyreek Hill says?? Tyreek thinks he's faster than Olympian Noah Lyles!

On in indoor track Hill ran 23.24mph in a Masters track event in 2023. Lyles top speed during the Olympics 100m was 27.84mph. You can keep listening to Hill's opinions if it helps you sleep at night.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts