Bakhtiari to Jets?

Reaction score
Presume so but I'm not sure he's practiced there. Nijman is Tom's backup. Caleb Jones needs to develop more. Tenuta needs to get off of IR. He was active late last season over Walker and Jones.
I know we didn’t ask to be banged up on OL, But I’d like to see some Combo of Jenkins and Rhyan at LT/LG.
This is Sean’s 2nd year and it’s time to see why he was selected as a top 100 college pick. Sean was a 1st team All Conference Selection and played both Tackle spots and he can’t reduce to Guard? He played Tackle for UCLA as a true Freshman and received multiple All-American accolades. Then cemented that by garnering a 1st Team All Conference award. His 9.33 RAS was near best in class and he’s logged 1 ST snap per season thus far

Last edited:

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we didn’t ask to be banged up on OL, But I’d like to see some Combo of Jenkins and Rhyan at LT/LG.
This is Sean’s 2nd year and it’s time to see why he was selected as a top 100 college pick. Sean was a 1st team All Conference Selection and played both Tackle spots and he can’t reduce to Guard? He played Tackle for UCLA as a true Freshman and received multiple All-American accolades. Then cemented that by garnering a 1st Team All Conference award. His 9.33 RAS was near best in class and he’s logged 1 ST snap per season thus far
And then he got busted for PEDs and now we do t know how much of his RAS and college performance was fueled by his natural ability and strength and how much by PEDs. Maybe coaches know and that's why he ain't playin

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
And then he got busted for PEDs and now we do t know how much of his RAS and college performance was fueled by his natural ability and strength and how much by PEDs. Maybe coaches know and that's why he ain't playin
I've wondered this myself. We saw it with Mandarich and countless other athletes. Once they are off the juice, their abilities decline quite a bit.

All I have read about Rhyan since he was drafted was that his rookie year was a major disappointment and this summer, he was looking better.

I think he only played one special teams play last season, has he played at all this season?

Reaction score
I doubt that. He didn’t play at all BEFORE he was caught. So it doesn’t take much detective work there.
Also he had at least 1 Preseason game where he played really good THIS year. So was he back on PEDS for Preseason? I doubt that.

In addition. If Coaches thought his current level of play substantially waned due to something that happened in 2022, why would they say the opposite recently?
If he’s bad he’s bad just cut him what’s the cost? (Assuming your scenario).

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I doubt that. He didn’t play at all BEFORE he was caught. So it doesn’t take much detective work there.
Also he had at least 1 Preseason game where he played really good THIS year. So was he back on PEDS for Preseason? I doubt that.

In addition. If Coaches thought his current level of play substantially waned due to something that happened in 2022, why would they say the opposite recently?
I hope you are right. But he wouldn't be the first 3rd round bust that we have seen from Gute, nor the 1st 3rd round bust that the Packers held on to, hoping they aren't a bust.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
One snap last season vs Detroit and one snap this season vs Detroit. Maybe he IS the reason we look so bad vs Detroit.
There were a lot of reasons the Pack looked bad against the Lions. It definitely was not just Rhyan stinking it up.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite the pickle. I am not sure if Krabs didn't realize Poppa San was being sarcastic or if he was just answering with his own sarcasm.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Quite the pickle. I am not sure if Krabs didn't realize Poppa San was being sarcastic or if he was just answering with his own sarcasm.
Admittedly, I did not see the "IS" capitalized the way it was. I missed the sarcasm, but hey. I stand by my comments.

Reaction score
I hope you are right. But he wouldn't be the first 3rd round bust that we have seen from Gute, nor the 1st 3rd round bust that the Packers held on to, hoping they aren't a bust.
Sure. Plus the chances obviously wane a little faster over time for a guy getting selected late 3rd Round verses earlier rounds.
The main point I’m making is Sean should at least have several opportunities to showcase his ability before those decisions are made. Unless there is some extenuating circumstances we are not privy to, which Packer1996 alluded to, that’s certainly a possibility.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sure. Plus the chances obviously wane a little faster over time for a guy getting selected late 3rd Round verses earlier rounds.
The main point I’m making is Sean should at least have several opportunities to showcase his ability before those decisions are made. Unless there is some extenuating circumstances we are not privy to, which Packer1996 alluded to, that’s certainly a possibility.
When the entire OL was healthy (Week 1), both Rhyan and Caleb Jones were healthy scratches from the Bear game.

Once both Bahk and Jenkins got injured, both of those guys dressed for each game, yet both of them have only played 1 snap each, on special teams.

I'm actually surprised that MLF didn't play either of them in the 4th Q vs the Lions. The OL was having a bad night and by about mid 4th Q, the game was basically done. I'm also a bit surprised that they haven't activated Michael Jordan (not THAT one!) from the PS. He has a lot of starting experience in the NFL at LG, with 29 starts and 55 games played in. Let's see what he has!

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score

At this point we can only speculate. It all depends if the stint with PEDs was his first or was this something he used to elevate his play during his college career just trying to make it to thd NFL and make some substantial money to start his life knowing even if he gest busted he still end up with a nice chunk of change that takes average person very long time to save up.

This is the problem where big money is involved, difficult to predict people motivations. Some are willing to kill for a $100 so we just font know. Only time will tell.

Reaction score
At this point we can only speculate. It all depends if the stint with PEDs was his first or was this something he used to elevate his play during his college career just trying to make it to thd NFL and make some substantial money to start his life knowing even if he gest busted he still end up with a nice chunk of change that takes average person very long time to save up.

This is the problem where big money is involved, difficult to predict people motivations. Some are willing to kill for a $100 so we just font know. Only time will tell.
That’s for sure true about the money part. Although I don’t like to label Ryans’ motivations that way without walking a mile in his shoes. It’s just as possible his motivation is he just loves to play the game of football and the flesh is weak, meaning the Devil tempts us all by offering us an easier path to our goals. We all have cut corners to get ahead and that’s part of life. We are all Either Scholastically or Athletically motivated by money and very few if any don’t emphasize the money part, particularly as a 23 year old. However it’s not the $$ that evil, it’s our motivation to how we treat that money. He doesn’t get anything that God doesn’t allow.
I just maybe look at it different, I choose to allow Sean to make a mistake and see if he’s learned from it by practicing benefit of doubt. Athletic Resilience comes in different forms, as you said we shall see soon if he’s a true athletic Champion or an athletic imposter.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That’s for sure true about the money part. Although I don’t like to label Ryans’ motivations that way without walking a mile in his shoes. It’s just as possible his motivation is he just loves to play the game of football and the flesh is weak, meaning the Devil tempts us all by offering us an easier path to our goals. We all have cut corners to get ahead and that’s part of life. We are all Either Scholastically or Athletically motivated by money and very few if any don’t emphasize the money part, particularly as a 23 year old. However it’s not the $$ that evil, it’s our motivation to how we treat that money. He doesn’t get anything that God doesn’t allow.
I just maybe look at it different, I choose to allow Sean to make a mistake and see if he’s learned from it by practicing benefit of doubt. Athletic Resilience comes in different forms, as you said we shall see soon if he’s a true athletic Champion or an athletic imposter.
Does he deserve a second chance? Sure. However, I don't have quite as much of a rah rah outlook on the guy as you do.

Had the Packers known he was juicing, would they have used a 3rd round pick on him? I highly doubt it. So I don't really feel sorry for the guy, he cheated and got caught. Sure his penalty for getting caught was to sit out 6 games and $310,478 in lost paychecks, but he has still made over a million dollars and has played 2 special teams snaps to date. The big loser was the team that drafted him. The Packers penalty, spending a 3rd round pick on someone that cheated, losing that player for more than a 3rd of the season and signing a contract with him for $5.12 M, with a $830,236 signing bonus.

So yeah, Rhyan may deserve a second chance, but he decided to cheat (takings PED's), got caught and ultimately, made the Packers the victim of his decisions.

Reaction score
We’ll look at the bright side. At least we don’t have the Curse of Round 2 :tup:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No surprise, now it's just a matter what happens this off season. Will Bakh be ready willing and able to play next season? Will the Packers be ready and willing to keep him? Stay tuned.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This gives everyone a good, long look at what we have in Walker, Tom, & Nijman at OT this season to plan for '24. Also time for Myers, Runyan, Rhyan & Newman to show they're capable on the inside.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No surprise, now it's just a matter what happens this off season. Will Bakh be ready willing and able to play next season? Will the Packers be ready and willing to keep him? Stay tuned.
Time for someone new.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can a 1 of you very smart people maybe come up with a brakedown of how m7ch did you pay Bakh during the length of hid injury period and what would be a fair expectation on the part of the club and us fans to offer Bakh on a reworked contract next season assuming he can and wants still play in order to maybe allowe him to make up for the money he took while not playing and give back the axcess that went down the drain.

I can't wait for the controversy around this one and all your lectures how he deserves all the money for this or that reason and owes us nothing.

Let the sh..show begin. GO

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Can a 1 of you very smart people maybe come up with a brakedown of how m7ch did you pay Bakh during the length of hid injury period and what would be a fair expectation on the part of the club and us fans to offer Bakh on a reworked contract next season assuming he can and wants still play in order to maybe allowe him to make up for the money he took while not playing and give back the axcess that went down the drain.

I can't wait for the controversy around this one and all your lectures how he deserves all the money for this or that reason and owes us nothing.

Let the sh..show begin. GO

• Current Contract​

David Bakhtiari signed a 4 year, $92,000,000 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including a $30,000,000 signing bonus, $61,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $23,000,000. In 2023, Bakhtiari will earn a base salary of $1,200,000, a restructure bonus of $15,000,000 and a workout bonus of $700,000, while carrying a cap hit of $21,289,035 and a dead cap value of $40,031,028.

Members online

No members online now.