Bakhtiari to Jets?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Can a 1 of you very smart people maybe come up with a brakedown of how m7ch did you pay Bakh during the length of hid injury period and what would be a fair expectation on the part of the club and us fans to offer Bakh on a reworked contract next season assuming he can and wants still play in order to maybe allowe him to make up for the money he took while not playing and give back the axcess that went down the drain.

I can't wait for the controversy around this one and all your lectures how he deserves all the money for this or that reason and owes us nothing.

Let the sh..show begin. GO

Money Made: WAY too much.

New contract where Packers break even: Vet min., tear up 4th year.

Chance of it happening: .01%

Odds of Bahk sailing off into the sunset a rich and happy man: 95%

Lessons Learned on guaranteed money: 0

Reaction score
I have very little confidence in Bakh ever playing consistently again. I wish him luck, but I hope he’s gone next year and that we get something in the draft for rights to his last year. It’s too much distraction and this is getting out of hand. It’s nothing personal just get him out of the North for a draft pick. 2025 etc.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have very little confidence in Bakh ever playing consistently again. I wish him luck, but I hope he’s gone next year and that we get something in the draft for rights to his last year. It’s too much distraction and this is getting out of hand. It’s nothing personal just get him out of the North for a draft pick. 2025 etc.
I think the 2 best places for him are the Jets ( They already received generosity from us ) or the Raiders ( They will sign anyone if it makes a headline ).

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is anyone going to give us anything for him? If we’re going to release him they get him for no cost trade wise and on their terms (new) contract wise

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is anyone going to give us anything for him? If we’re going to release him they get him for no cost trade wise and on their terms (new) contract wise
That is correct. Unless a team fears that someone else can get him first. But damaged goods is a great risk for any team even if it was a HOFer.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Can a 1 of you very smart people maybe come up with a brakedown of how m7ch did you pay Bakh during the length of hid injury period and what would be a fair expectation on the part of the club and us fans to offer Bakh on a reworked contract next season assuming he can and wants still play in order to maybe allowe him to make up for the money he took while not playing and give back the axcess that went down the drain.

I can't wait for the controversy around this one and all your lectures how he deserves all the money for this or that reason and owes us nothing.

Let the sh..show begin. GO
99 percent of fans loved the re signing he got

Sucks he got hurt

Those that can't comprehend the entire process, walk away from keyboard or cell phone

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sucks he got hurt

Those that can't comprehend the entire process, walk away from keyboard or cell phone
I don’t think the the number is anywhere near that high. I didn‘t like the contract when it was signed. I know many others that felt the same. I have always loved Bahk the player, but I also thought the contract was too much and way too much guaranteed. I wish I had been wrong.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted this in the wrong thread so I'm reposting it here. Box sounded like he definitely wants to play next year. He and his doctors figure that they have the problem figured out and it will be fixed. He doesn't know what will happen yet but is open to working something out with the Packers for next year

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From his presser Bakh stated since the initial injury he's had numerous surgeries to eliminate "variables" that could be making the knee a problem. They've successfully removed all of the variables & now they need to repair the femoral condyle cartilage.

GB is on the hook for most of that monstrous $92mil deal. Only question is does Gute throw more $$ at him to extend him into his mid-thirties (will be 33 in '24) to reduce cap hit for '24 to keep a high-end LT in town for the next few years. Is the reward worth the huge risk?? Imho, time to move on & take the $19+ cap hit in '24.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
From his presser Bakh stated since the initial injury he's had numerous surgeries to eliminate "variables" that could be making the knee a problem. They've successfully removed all of the variables & now they need to repair the femoral condyle cartilage.

GB is on the hook for most of that monstrous $92mil deal. Only question is does Gute throw more $$ at him to extend him into his mid-thirties (will be 33 in '24) to reduce cap hit for '24 to keep a high-end LT in town for the next few years. Is the reward worth the huge risk?? Imho, time to move on & take the $19+ cap hit in '24.
The $19m cap hit is the minimum for Bakh. That is on the books whether he stays or goes. I wonder if they can extend him out 3 years for about $15m new money and use the $21m he is due next year as a signing bonus.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't see extending him. Too much of a risk. And so I don't see much value in a trade either. If he came back on a 1 year contract and played well; I guess that is a possibility and maybe he could be traded with a lot of if thens. imo

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't see extending him. Too much of a risk. And so I don't see much value in a trade either. If he came back on a 1 year contract and played well; I guess that is a possibility and maybe he could be traded with a lot of if thens. imo
He's already got a 1 year deal left at $40mil cap hit. Imho that's too rich as a "prove you're healthy" year. Gute either commits to an extension thru '25 or '26 with generous new-money to lessen cap hit in '24 OR cuts losses & release him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's already got a 1 year deal left at $40mil cap hit. Imho that's too rich as a "prove you're healthy" year. Gute either commits to an extension thru '25 or '26 with generous new-money to lessen cap hit in '24 OR cuts losses & release him.
Whatever we owe, We owe. I don't think that changes what I said. His current contract is not tenable. imho

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don’t think the the number is anywhere near that high. I didn‘t like the contract when it was signed. I know many others that felt the same. I have always loved Bahk the player, but I also thought the contract was too much and way too much guaranteed. I wish I had been wrong.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Three years in a contract signed at 32:

• Current Contract​

Trent Williams signed a 6 year, $138,060,000 contract with the San Francisco 49ers, including a $30,100,000 signing bonus, $55,100,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $23,010,000. In 2023, Williams will earn a base salary of $1,165,000, a restructure bonus of $18,235,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000, while carrying a cap hit of $12,595,521 and a dead cap value of $41,920,000.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

• Current Contract​

Trent Williams signed a 6 year, $138,060,000 contract with the San Francisco 49ers, including a $30,100,000 signing bonus, $55,100,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $23,010,000. In 2023, Williams will earn a base salary of $1,165,000, a restructure bonus of $18,235,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000, while carrying a cap hit of $12,595,521 and a dead cap value of $41,920,000.
This shows how teams value LTs like Williams and Bak and if healthy they can play well into their 30s. We just got incredibly unlucky with Bak. :(

Reaction score
This shows how teams value LTs like Williams and Bak and if healthy they can play well into their 30s. We just got incredibly unlucky with Bak. :(
Sure. There needs to be some failsafe if they don’t play. Similar to the Rodgers trade. Possibly reducing the Guaranteed by a % for each season they don’t play 51% snaps etc. This paying people across multiple years to not work gets a little ridiculous

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

• Current Contract​

He was a free agent and not under contract, when the deal was signed. The Packers gave Bahk a new deal in Nov. 2020, well B4 his contract was up. Had they waited until the offseason, they might not be in this mess.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sucks he got hurt

I love the signing as well, but there needs to be more protection for the club in case a multi year unavailability due to injury or other reasons. Crazy to pay a guy this much money not to play.

Sure the man got injured while playing and should be compensated and not have to warry about where bread is going to come from just maybesat a lower % of his salary if not playing.

Reaction score
I love the signing as well, but there needs to be more protection for the club in case a multi year unavailability due to injury or other reasons. Crazy to pay a guy this much money not to play.

Sure the man got injured while playing and should be compensated and not have to warry about where bread is going to come from just maybesat a lower % of his salary if not playing.
Exactly.
The % could be a fair % to both sides, such as receiving a max 65% of prorated salary and guaranteed during any single season that they play less than 50% of the snaps etc.
For David that would’ve meant the Packers recoup $8m in 2021 and $8mil in the 2023 seasons (he played 11 games in 2022 so he met a minimum threshold and gets 100%)

Also The teams should have an injury clause where if a player misses more than 50% playing time across any 2 consecutive seasons teams can just apply 65% of the remaining guarantee for a clean buyout if there is remaining guaranteed. In David’s example it would allow The Packers to move on right now by accelerating $14.7mil onto the 2024 Cap ledger instead of his 2024, $19.5 dead $$
That’s $8mil saved in 2021
($23mil reduced to $15mil)
That’s $8mil saved in 2023
($23Mil reduced to $15mil)
That’s $5mil saved in 2024
($19.5 dead reduced to $14.5 dead)

$21Mil less payout across 4 seasons in this example would’ve made this at least palatable. David would still net 67.5Mil $ across 2021-2024 which isn’t exactly chump change. Plus he can go play for whomever he wants next year and add that new 2024 contract back into his 4 year total. We’d pick up $5mil next year vs trying to trade him for a Day 3 type pick, which is also reasonable.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Wonder if he filed for workers comp ..funny but he is entitled to it

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. An employee gets injured on the job doing his job and your solution is he should give back his contracted salary. What planet do you people live on. Do you understand what a contract is? And what guaranteed money means and why it is promised? Sometimes an athlete OVER performs - nobody ever says “oh hey here’s some extra money because we really weren’t paying you that much last year” - that never happens - ever. Sometimes an athlete under performs, or gets injured DOING his job. That doesn’t affect the signing bonus - at all. That money was “earned” signing the contract. Sucks that Bahk got hurt after signing a huge contract. It happens - move on.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Wonder if he filed for workers comp ..funny but he is entitled to it

Hope he remembers he has to pay income tax on it.

CBA Article 41:
Section 1. Benefits: In any state where workers’ compensation coverage is not compulsory or where a Club is excluded from a state’s workers’ compensation coverage, a Club will either voluntarily obtain coverage under the compensation laws of that state or otherwise guarantee equivalent benefits to its players. In the event that a player qualifies for benefits under this section, such benefits will be equivalent to those benefits paid under the compensation law of the state in which his Club is located.

Reaction score
Sometimes an athlete OVER performs - nobody ever says “oh hey here’s some extra money because we really weren’t paying you that much last year” - that never happens - ever.
? Your argument is that Pro Athletes don’t get compensation adjustments for performance above expectations? That actually happens pretty regular. You’ve probably not considered what’s called a performance restructure and you can find plenty of examples of those.

Short term or Long term Disability for a qualified injury works similar. Why should they pay an Employee 100% to not work? What’s the incentive to get back working

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“Why should they pay an Employee 100% to not work? What’s the incentive to get back working”

Because that’s what the CONTRACT calls for. The employer wanted this employee SO bad that they not only offered more money than anyone else - they GUARANTEED a lot of it. So then yhe employee undertaks this hazardous job, gets hurt working for the employer, and now he’s supposed to give money back? That’s nuts. And they don’ pay 100% unless they WANT to. They could have/can release Bahk at any time and save contract money. They can release him tomorrow if they want.

Members online