A Jordan Love Contract

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That punter has had more positive effect on our team than just about every player on offense so…. I still love the pick, but hind sight is 20/20 and if trade them all for a center.
If Bahktiari can limp thru a physical I’d give him a shot.
Anyone know where Bahktiari is? Did he find a team?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can have them if you’re willing to overpay like I am right now
I think you can get a player you really want by overpaying in FA. Once the season has started, especially in the first two weeks, overpaying in either $$$ or draft picks is just not gonna work. No one will be willing to deal. And even if it were possible, it wouldn't be a good idea to give up limited draft capital in a trade. Those almost always favor the team getting the picks.

So be patient Caleb. The Bears thought pretty highly of the OL to start the season. They've started slow. I'm no Bear fan, but I just don't see a need to panic now. Once Williams learns how to play the game at this level, he has a lot of weapons. And considering the high failure rate for QBs who go straight from college to starting (CJ Stroud aside), it's just gonna take time for Williams to acclimate. Yeah his numbers aren't great after two games, but it looks to me like he's a smart guy who will adjust.

I just hope he doesn't adjust too well. ;)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is not presently playing for anyone.
Thanks Ty. Yeah pretty much what I expected, or we would have read about it.

Really a shame what happened to him. I know a lot of people are pissed because he had just signed a massive contract, but that knee was/is truly cursed, and he certainly didn't choose to tear his ACL. Some of the best years of his career were lost to that injury and subsequent injuries, surgeries - rinse and repeat. And it is all but certain his playing days are over. And he had the best people working on that knee. Just a bummer all the way around.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Ty. Yeah pretty much what I expected, or we would have read about it.

Really a shame what happened to him. I know a lot of people are pissed because he had just signed a massive contract, but that knee was/is truly cursed, and he certainly didn't choose to tear his ACL. Some of the best years of his career were lost to that injury and subsequent injuries, surgeries - rinse and repeat. And it is all but certain his playing days are over. And he had the best people working on that knee. Just a bummer all the way around.

I guarantee you though that man if Rasheed went down and GB called, would come and if he could pass physical, and swelling wouldn't get him - he 100% would be one of our best lineman in games still....

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you can get a player you really want by overpaying in FA. Once the season has started, especially in the first two weeks, overpaying in either $$$ or draft picks is just not gonna work. No one will be willing to deal. And even if it were possible, it wouldn't be a good idea to give up limited draft capital in a trade. Those almost always favor the team getting the picks.

So be patient Caleb. The Bears thought pretty highly of the OL to start the season. They've started slow. I'm no Bear fan, but I just don't see a need to panic now. Once Williams learns how to play the game at this level, he has a lot of weapons. And considering the high failure rate for QBs who go straight from college to starting (CJ Stroud aside), it's just gonna take time for Williams to acclimate. Yeah his numbers aren't great after two games, but it looks to me like he's a smart guy who will adjust.

I just hope he doesn't adjust too well. ;)
Very true and I do agree that it’s very early for any team to throw in the towel and start selling off good offensive lineman but teams like Carolina the Giants maybe the Browns and others that in a week or two might really realize their season is over and then be willing to trade, I know we will overpay, but still be willing to part with a good offensive lineman.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very true and I do agree that it’s very early for any team to throw in the towel and start selling off good offensive lineman but teams like Carolina the Giants maybe the Browns and others that in a week or two might really realize their season is over and then be willing to trade, I know we will overpay, but still be willing to part with a good offensive lineman.
That's a valid point. If the OL is still underperforming after week 4, this could be an option.