A.J. Dillon tests positive for COVID-19 [OP from 11/2020]

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I had to read it twice to be sure of the sarcasm.... unfortunately there are a lot of people that vehemently believe this.

So as not to derail this thread, I'm going to shut up. Will IM you my thoughts privately. :tup:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. Sadly, there will still be the few idiots that don't see this as a problem at all and claim that the 1.2M + people who have died from COVID were destined to die anyway. Oddly, its the same people who seem to struggle to breath when they are asked to wear a mask. :rolleyes:

How do you know 1.2 million people have died from Covid? I've seen studies, and for lack of a better word investigations that those numbers could be vastly overstated.
Also, why is the only thing pushed about and harped on is the number of cases, without context. no mention of death rate or hospitalizations or serious illnesses, or who it is being most affected.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The CDC estimates the total infection fatality rate, including the vulnerable and aged, around 99.98%. Even among the 70+ age bracket, it's conservatively 95+%.

The danger of this virus is grossly overstated. It doesn't help that so many deaths have been attributed to it when other causes were involved. But when hospitals get reimbursed more money for "covid" deaths, that'll happen.

Sounds like someone has dipped a little too far into Fox news. Can't wait for tomorrow when we can all wake up from this nightmare.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The virus is not a hoax, but the way it's been covered absolutely is. And you're kidding yourself if you think that our country's completely partisan media complex didn't cover it differently because of who was in office.
I’m not kidding myself... because I agree with that. However there are a lot of people out there that actually believe the whole thing is a hoax.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
How do you know 1.2 million people have died from Covid? I've seen studies, and for lack of a better word investigations that those numbers could be vastly overstated.
Also, why is the only thing pushed about and harped on is the number of cases, without context. no mention of death rate or hospitalizations or serious illnesses, or who it is being most affected.

See post above yours.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pokerbrat ok I l also don't want to hijack the thread, and not to take a slap at you, if you're going to put something out there, then those who disagree should put their thoughts out there too.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, that would be CNN and company. Although Fox news is no better

As far as I know CNN has not strayed from a scientific approach to virus containment and vilified doctors. Fox reaches a new low about every 5 minutes.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Pokerbrat ok I l also don't want to hijack the thread, and not to take a slap at you, if you're going to put something out there, then those who disagree should put their thoughts out there too.

I realize that and I never said that you shouldn't, I merely stated that I was stopping.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I’m not kidding myself... because I agree with that. However there are a lot of people out there that actually believe the whole thing is a hoax.

Maybe so. But I don’t know who they are. Is that what this poster was trying to say?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as I know CNN has not strayed from a scientific approach to virus containment and vilified doctors. Fox reaches a new low about every 5 minutes.

You mean such as Lord Fauci, Burks and the rest of the gang? who've been demonstrably proven wrong on everything, especially Fauci. And CNN? Really?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It’s so funny to me when people think that it’s only the other side that’s biased or ever does/says something immoral.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like someone has dipped a little too far into Fox news. Can't wait for tomorrow when we can all wake up from this nightmare.
this is a prime example of why "they" keep us fighting. anything you don't like, you can just dismiss. it does work both ways and it's why we are where we are.

just slap a label on them and dismiss whatever you don't like and keep drinking your favorite koolaid. it's not unique to a party, many employ that strategy daily.

anyway, I wouldn't know what Fox or CNN has to say about and their pre-digested version wouldn't matter to me anyway. Being told "science" and actually doing and reading the data and understanding how it was obtained are different things entirely.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyway, what i'd like to know. Was he just tested today and then re-tested to confirm it? i'd assume so or he wouldn't have been able to play yesterday. Will be an interesting few days coming up. Kind of figured it would happen sooner or later.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyway, what i'd like to know. Was he just tested today and then re-tested to confirm it? i'd assume so or he wouldn't have been able to play yesterday. Will be an interesting few days coming up. Kind of figured it would happen sooner or later.

I read where they had the usual game day morning test, the problem is the results don't come back till that evening or Monday morning.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read where they had the usual game day morning test, the problem is the results don't come back till that evening or Monday morning.
if that's the case, they'd have to do a re-test today, because of the false positive rates, how did they get a confirmation test done already?

They have to get the test results before the game i'd think, if not, then how can they get a confirmation test done same day, but not game day?

i have not followed what their protocol is or even what tests they're using if that's available for us to know.

Or he's just placed on covid list and played safe until 2nd test comes back?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if that's the case, they'd have to do a re-test today, because of the false positive rates, how did they get a confirmation test done already?

They have to get the test results before the game i'd think, if not, then how can they get a confirmation test done same day, but not game day?

i have not followed what their protocol is or even what tests they're using if that's available for us to know.

Or he's just placed on covid list and played safe until 2nd test comes back?

Everything I've seen has been kind of vague. I've read about more than a few false positives for different teams.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

If this is right, its kind of odd to me:

• The NFL and the NFL Players Association agreed to continue testing players for COVID-19 each day, but not on game days, according to a memo distributed to teams on Saturday.
  • Pregame exams will be conducted the day before a game, and players will be allowed to play so long as they receive a negative test two hours before kickoff.
So if they aren't tested on game day and pregame exams are conducted the day before the game, how does "allowed to play so long as they receive a negative test two hours before kickoff." make sense? If that last test was on Friday or Saturday that is showing them negative, but what if they contracted it right after the test? Seems like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

That said, seems odd that they aren't doing rapid tests the day of a game. Since, from the moment that the test is taken, until the game is over, is the most critical time to know if someone is infected. Must be that they didn't trust the rapid tests?

The interesting work starts now. How did he contract it? Will he or the team be fined. When and who was he in contact with while contagious? Have to guess he was contagious during the game.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
La Fleur said today at his press conference that the NFL is very pleased with how the Packers have handled their business with Covid and the protocols.

They and other teams have actually impressed me. I thought this would be a train wreck. My Badgers are more like what I expected to hit the NFL. But NFL players also aren't living on college campuses with as much of the "gotta get out and party" mentality that some college players probably have.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no biggie. if others get it and the game has to be moved so be it. he/they (if any) will be fine in short order. it would probably be to the Packers benefit to move it.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They and other teams have actually impressed me. I thought this would be a train wreck. My Badgers are more like what I expected to hit the NFL. But NFL players also aren't living on college campuses with as much of the "gotta get out and party" mentality that some college players probably have.

Same here. before the season my prediction was they'd get through the Super bowl and all, but would only get a 12-game regular season.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh my word....seriously, speechless...

As for the OP, do we know a timeline estimated for the team to report tracing findings to the league?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my word....seriously, speechless...

As for the OP, do we know a timeline estimated for the team to report tracing findings to the league?

I would think that with their resources, they could have certified professionals with certified kits on the spot for each team in their facilities, and able to instantly have results and instant reporting to the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts