Week 8 vs some Jags at their joint.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
"The Green Bay Packers (5-2) visit the Jacksonville Jaguars (2-5) for a Sunday Week 8 contest. "

I think this is the first game back from London for them after two games there.

Reaction score
This is not a team we want to be complacent with. They just came off a nice Win and week before they went toe to toe with the Texans.
Although the Texans muffed a punt at their own 1 yard line like Ballentine did for us. That was an easy 7 for Trevor

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The Jags are scoring in the bottom 3rd of the league at 20.7 per game. The interesting thing is that they actually do put up some yardage. The are ranked 11th in yardage right now. They just have problems scoring. Let's not let that change now. What I would say is that their defense is pretty atrocious. Of course, this is on paper, but stats do tell a story. They're giving up 27.7 ppg. They are about mid in the league in sacks at 16 total. Packers have 20 sacks on the season. Not too much different. With that said, they only have 1 interception on the season, have given up the most passing yards and TDs on the season. That's a bad combination for any team to have let alone going up against the Packers. The Pack is pretty much top ten in all significant statistics offensively.

I really don't think the Jags are a very good team. They are 2-5 with a point differential of -49. Packers are 5-2 with a point differential of +43. On paper, everything points to this being a blowout for the Packers. Of course, that is on paper. They need to go prove it on the field and not overlook anyone.

Packers 34 Jags 17. Let's get a good feel good win this week. Stay focused and remember that winning in the NFL is tough no matter who you're playing.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Forecast in Jax on Sunday is partly sunny, high of 81 w/ 65% humidity... not too much different than last Sunday in GB. Packers 38, Jax 10.
I wonder if they get the road whites or Jax makes them go dark. Always thought Packers should have a hammered gold (like SF's gold) jersey that can be considered light or dark depending on the other team.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, any given Sunday. But the Jags looked good Sunday morning because they were playing the Patriots who are worse than they are. If we don't turn it over and play a clean game we'll be 6-2 at the end of the day.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not a team we want to be complacent with. They just came off a nice Win and week before they went toe to toe with the Texans.
Although the Texans muffed a punt at their own 1 yard line like Ballentine did for us. That was an easy 7 for Trevor
They are at home and happy for a win against a bottom team like New England. They have weaknesses and we have to take advantage of them.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isn't that hot now. Even if the temps get in the mid to upper 80s the dew points are down.
And we just played into the mid to upper 70s at home. A good number of our young players come from these climes. I have more concern how they will deal with the Lambeau December or January.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And we just played into the mid to upper 70s at home. A good number of our young players come from these climes. I have more concern how they will deal with the Lambeau December or January.
As far north as Jax in late October - really not too concerned about the heat.

MLF will have to keep everyone on their toes. These are trap games and it's easy to look past to the Lions. I don't think they'll make that mistake.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a 9 win team last year and one that looked very good in other games...I'm honestly more concerned about this game than I was Houston which seems crazy to say but this is away, in the heat and with a team struggling BIG time to find their footing.

I circled this game as an absolute had to win though given what follows...

Lions (5-1)
@Bears (4-2)
49ers (3-4...best 3-4 team arguably there is)
Dolphins 2-4
@Lions (5-1)
@Seahawks (4-3)
Saints (2-5)
@Vikings (5-1)
Bears (4-2)

Realistically a 4-5 record in those nine games would be pretty dang good and truthfully don't see us winning more than 7....that means beat the Jags and we are easily IMO fighting for a 10-12 win season and have to be in the thick of things.

Reaction score
The Jags are scoring in the bottom 3rd of the league at 20.7 per game. The interesting thing is that they actually do put up some yardage. The are ranked 11th in yardage right now. They just have problems scoring. Let's not let that change now. What I would say is that their defense is pretty atrocious. Of course, this is on paper, but stats do tell a story. They're giving up 27.7 ppg. They are about mid in the league in sacks at 16 total. Packers have 20 sacks on the season. Not too much different. With that said, they only have 1 interception on the season, have given up the most passing yards and TDs on the season. That's a bad combination for any team to have let alone going up against the Packers. The Pack is pretty much top ten in all significant statistics offensively.

I really don't think the Jags are a very good team. They are 2-5 with a point differential of -49. Packers are 5-2 with a point differential of +43. On paper, everything points to this being a blowout for the Packers. Of course, that is on paper. They need to go prove it on the field and not overlook anyone.

Packers 34 Jags 17. Let's get a good feel good win this week. Stay focused and remember that winning in the NFL is tough no matter who you're playing.
Nicely said @Krabs
The one thing that sneaks up about this time every season are those 2-4 or 2-5 teams that pull out of their tailspin because maybe they are more a .500 team etc. As you said, we’re going in pretty healthy and I also like our chances
Packers 31
Jags 20

Reaction score
This was a 9 win team last year and one that looked very good in other games...I'm honestly more concerned about this game than I was Houston which seems crazy to say but this is away, in the heat and with a team struggling BIG time to find their footing.

Lions (5-1)
@Bears (4-2)
Dolphins 2-4
@Lions (5-1)
@Seahawks (4-3)
Saints (2-5)
@Vikings (5-1)
Bears (4-2)

Realistically a 4-5 record in those nine games would be pretty dang good and truthfully don't see us winning more than 7....that means beat the Jags and we are easily IMO fighting for a 10-12 win season and have to be in the thick of things.
Yeah I agree there. This game might not be the toughest opponent, but it’s a must win if we don’t Win the Division.

I’m going to offer one thing unrelated
The Lions are once again the class of the Division. That said if Love can start minimizing a few errors here and there we are very close. We have lost 2 games by a combined 7 points? However we played 2 Playoff Caliber teams and with a 1st year DC and the youngest team in the NFL, not to mention that unstable Kicker Merry Go Round

At any time we could pop. Similar to last year. This is nothing against the Vikes or Detroit or Chicago, but in the NFL you have risers and fallers. Many current Division leaders won’t be. Other will be out around their 1st Divisional game. Media puts too much emphasis on the hot hand too early.

This is a long 17 game season and as long as you don’t bury yourself record wise early in 2-6 etc. anything goes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Me thinks we can go 6-2 and put up
a dog fight at Lambeau against Detroit to move into 1st place.
In some measure we are not fully primed. We’ve been missing on at least 1 cylinder. Once we get all cylinders firing we can beat anyone. Yes even the Chiefs

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far north as Jax in late October - really not too concerned about the heat.

MLF will have to keep everyone on their toes. These are trap games and it's easy to look past to the Lions. I don't think they'll make that mistake.
The team is too young to look past this game. They are so intent on making a name for their Packer team that it motivates them from week to week.

Reaction score
The team is too young to look past this game. They are so intent on making a name for their Packer team that it motivates them from week to week.
Exactly. We were so young last year we didn’t even know we were supposed to be intimidated.

One theory I have is draft picks are like playing darts. The closer you get to the dart board, the better chance of hitting a bullseye and vice Versa. However taking several steps back and having extra dart throws is the next best thing. Ideally you get both but that more rare. Every team misses the board, especially in Day 3.
GB has accumulated 35 dart throws in the past 3 drafts or roughly just 31 months. The mix has been better than traditional also.
4 from Round 1
5 from Round 2
4 from Round 3
4 from Round 4
5 from Round 5

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lions (5-1)
@Bears (4-2)
Dolphins 2-4
@Lions (5-1)
@Seahawks (4-3)
Saints (2-5)
@Vikings (5-1)
Bears (4-2)

Yeah this game is not the easy W it appears to be. You mentioned the weather. And the Jags can be a very good team at times. Anyway, like all the other games, the coaches have to get these guys ready to come back with a road win.

As for the last 9 games, yeah it's one tough stretch. Finishing the year with 10-13 wins is most likely. To narrow it, my best guess is 12 wins. So they have to beat the Jags and finish 6-3 over the last nine games. I have no idea where that gets them as far as playoff seeding, but 12 wins will get them in the playoffs.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I'm not as concerned. Every game is concerning I guess and posses its challenges. As I said in a previous post, the Jags defense gives up a ton of yardage through the air and they have given up the most TDs through the air in the league. It really should come down to stopping them.
Agreed. They need this one. I read recently that the Packers have the toughest remaining schedule in the league.
Lions (5-1)
I just don't see a win here. Their RBs are ridiculous along with a top offensive line.
@Bears (4-2)
I don't think they are as good as their record. Not overlooking, but very beatable.
They are all sorts of beat up. They lost Aiyuk for the season and Samuel all of a sudden is injury prone as well. Who knows if they will have CMC back. This is a winnable game.
Dolphins 2-4
Very winnable.
@Lions (5-1)
Don't see a win here.
@Seahawks[/USER] (4-3)
Saints (2-5)
Both winnable.
@Vikings (5-1)
Toss up.
Bears (4-2)
Winnable.
Yeah, this is pretty accurate. I think 6 wins would be great out of this schedule. It is probably closer to 4-5 as you stated.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not as concerned. Every game is concerning I guess and posses its challenges. As I said in a previous post, the Jags defense gives up a ton of yardage through the air and they have given up the most TDs through the air in the league. It really should come down to stopping them.

Agreed. They need this one. I read recently that the Packers have the toughest remaining schedule in the league.

I just don't see a win here. Their RBs are ridiculous along with a top offensive line.

I don't think they are as good as their record. Not overlooking, but very beatable.

They are all sorts of beat up. They lost Aiyuk for the season and Samuel all of a sudden is injury prone as well. Who knows if they will have CMC back. This is a winnable game.

Very winnable.

Don't see a win here.

Both winnable.

Toss up.

Winnable.

Yeah, this is pretty accurate. I think 6 wins would be great out of this schedule. It is probably closer to 4-5 as you stated.
Thanks for that info on the strength of the Packers' remaining schedule. It's tough because the lowly NFC North has turned into a behemoth. Never thought I'd live to see that.

And I mostly agree with your breakdown on possible/probable Ws and Ls. I'd love it if they could split with the Lions and win the second contest with the queens. That might get them to 12, even 13 wins. It won't be easy. The Lions are arguably the best team in the NFL, even without AH and much as I hate to say it, the queens have a good team.

When I see a 12 win season, that means a sweep of the Bears. I think that's doable.

Members online