Reaction score

Attachments

• 20241020_075826.jpg
    20241020_075826.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 4

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are roses still growing in Green Bay in late October. Quite a surprise.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys might find this hard to believe, but my wife and I are going to start planting tomato seeds in about a month. We'll keep them inside, under a grow light, until mid to late January, then put them in pots, outside, by our patio. By the end of March, we'll be picking tomatoes all the way through until possibly the end of October, if we get the right plants. We use indeterminate tomatoes so they continue to grow and add fruit until we decide to pull them up since we don't usually get a frost around here.

Last year, we had so many tomatoes we were giving them away constantly. We did it with 6 plants. This year we're cutting back to 5, and see how that works. My idea for tomatoes is pretty much eat them with every meal, and be glad you've got them.

We like to have a variety of sizes, but lean towards the good slicing tomatoes with the best taste. We will have three red Brandywine beefsteak plants which are the best tasting. Then two more, which will be of another variety.

Anyhow, that's how it goes with flowers too. They keep right on blooming.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys might find this hard to believe, but my wife and I are going to start planting tomato seeds in about a month. We'll keep them inside, under a grow light, until mid to late January, then put them in pots, outside, by our patio. By the end of March, we'll be picking tomatoes all the way through until possibly the end of October, if we get the right plants. We use indeterminate tomatoes so they continue to grow and add fruit until we decide to pull them up since we don't usually get a frost around here.

Last year, we had so many tomatoes we were giving them away constantly. We did it with 6 plants. This year we're cutting back to 5, and see how that works. My idea for tomatoes is pretty much eat them with every meal, and be glad you've got them.

We like to have a variety of sizes, but lean towards the good slicing tomatoes with the best taste. We will have three red Brandywine beefsteak plants which are the best tasting. Then two more, which will be of another variety.

Anyhow, that's how it goes with flowers too. They keep right on blooming.
Very healthy!