Week 8 vs some Jags at their joint.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other curve on the schedule is that we get away from all these Noon Sunday games. We get hit with 2 Thursdays, a Sunday night, and a Monday night. And WK 18 is up in the air depending where the Bears and us are. Kind of a pain but we have a young team. They do not have to be in bed at 9.
Those are games that are upcoming? Damn that's a lot of non-Sunday games. I was getting spoiled by the noon games. Sounds like that's gonna end......

Reaction score
Just a feeling that this is a bust out game for Love and the team overall. Packers, 38-10
That would be remarkable. I’m not sure we’re quite there yet, but I have a gut feeling that the Packers have not come close to playing their best football. GB is so dynamic that they are tripping their way into Wins while playing at a fraction of their capacity. Jordan needed 8 games last season just to get warmed up and he’s had 5 so far, several coming off injury. There’s a pattern emerging with this young team that’s almost obvious.

Detroit may have an edge on us today, but they are not unbeatable. IF the Packers play close to ceiling they can beat Detroit by 2 scores. I’m not being cocky or arrogant or belligerent because Detroit is a very good coached football team. I just think we’ve played mostly slop ball with some highlights in between.

This is still a Road game. Those are never easy. I won’t be surprised if we get a little scare as Jaguars get paid to play just the same. We’re still the better team though but we’ve got to show it on the field. Nothing is a gift

Last edited:

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well guys, since I'm 15 min from the Jag's stadium, so I decided to go - tough choice...not.
Having listened to a bunch of local chat this week, I think the Jag's have potential to win this, but not thinking it's likely. Should be a fun game...for us! GPG.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of us having 2 Thursday games.
Yeah I thought each team was obligated to play one Thursday and one Monday night game. I think one of the games is on Thanksgiving.
That would be remarkable. I’m not sure we’re quite there yet, but I have a gut feeling that the Packers have not come close to playing their best football. GB is so dynamic that they are tripping their way into Wins while playing at a fraction of their capacity. Jordan needed 8 games last season just to get warmed up and he’s had 5 so far, several coming off injury. There’s a pattern emerging with this young team that’s almost obvious.

Detroit may have an edge on us today, but they are not unbeatable. IF the Packers play close to ceiling they can beat Detroit by 2 scores. I’m not being cocky or arrogant or belligerent because Detroit is a very good coached football team. I just think we’ve played mostly slop ball with some highlights in between.

This is still a Road game. Those are never easy. I won’t be surprised if we get a little scare as Jaguars get paid to play just the same. We’re still the better team though but we’ve got to show it on the field. Nothing is a gift
Good summary. It does feel like the Packers are underperforming, given the talent.

Gotta remember that Love has only been a starter for one year plus 7 games. I think he's the real deal. Jacobs is quietly keeping the Packers in a lot of games. As much as I like Jones, it was a good move to bring Jacobs to GB. As for the D, well there have been some highlights/surprises - McKinney, Williams, Bullard, Wilson - but the front four and the pass rush aren't where they need to be.

And the Jags could surprise the Packers today. As for the Lions, well I'm glad the games are coming later in the season. I think they can split with the Lions. AH's injury creates a huge loss for the Lions' D. They are beatable. With or without AH though, they are close to being the best team in the NFL.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems to change a lot, and some sites seem to update their rankings on different days. When i saw your post, I did some fact-checking, and could not even find the same ranking I found last night - that site changed their rankings in the last 24 hours. They now have Detroit #3, GB #5, and Minnesota #7.

I looked at a number of other sites again today too, and it's difficult to tell when some of them were last updated. Some of them seem to have slightly different criteria, too, although I don't know why. If two teams both have a remaining SOS of .545, there has to be some subjective factor that they feel makes one of those .545's tougher than the other, and I can understand why that's necessary - but I don't see how that accounts for all the changes in the last 24 hours.

So I looked at several sites. One thing they all agree on is that Chicago has the toughest row to ***, with 6 of their last 11 games being against Norris Division teams, and the consensus seems to be that Detroit and Green Bay are both in the Top 5, and Minnesota 5-8 spots below us. Which is probably as accurate as it needs to be; I can't imagine there being that much difference between the 4th toughest schedule and the 5th, or even the 2nd. It's not like we're docking with the space station or something.

Edit: "the toughest row to till with a long-handled gardening tool."all play 1
All of which tells me people put way too much stock in strength of schedule. To me its one of the most useless numbers that gets thrown around. When comparing divisional opponents its a difference of three teams. They all play each other twice. They all play one other in conference division. They all play one division from the other conference. Thats 14 games against the same opponents. That leaves 3 non common opponents that finished in the same position as you did in their division and I m not sure that matters a whole lot. I'm sure whoever got the vikings or Bears as one of those games was pretty happy. Now maybe not so much. I know home and away and when they play matters but SOS doesn't take that into consideration.

I prefer to look at each team individually and see how they are playing at the time we play them and who may be injured at the time. I'm a bit happier that we will be facing Detroit without Williams and the vikings without Darrisaw. Not that I wish for injuries but I can't control them and if another team suffers a key one thats better for us.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see some consistentancy out there today, there's been way too much up and down for us to look forward to more than a playoff appearance. JL is still trying to walk the tightrope of what star GB QB he wants to be. We have had him for 4 games, and he's thrown 8 interceptions, some are real head scratchers. I do mean some are passes you never want to see your QB throw, from rainbows to throwing into double or worse coverage.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for that info on the strength of the Packers' remaining schedule. It's tough because the lowly NFC North has turned into a behemoth. Never thought I'd live to see that.

And I mostly agree with your breakdown on possible/probable Ws and Ls. I'd love it if they could split with the Lions and win the second contest with the queens. That might get them to 12, even 13 wins. It won't be easy. The Lions are arguably the best team in the NFL, even without AH and much as I hate to say it, the queens have a good team.

When I see a 12 win season, that means a sweep of the Bears. I think that's doable.
Imagine winning 10 games and ending up tied for 3rd/4th in the division. It's possible the way things stand. Never saw our division this good before. But, the Vikings are on their way down at this point. They were playing with funny money until now.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine winning 10 games and ending up tied for 3rd/4th in the division. It's possible the way things stand. Never saw our division this good before. But, the Vikings are on their way down at this point. They were playing with funny money until now.
Yeah things are starting to revert to the norm. The queens' run was based on Darnold playing the best, almost flawless, ball of his career. Darnold is still playing well, I just don't expect this to continue for 17 games. The D is very good but also on the old side, so the 2H of games and the 2H of this season will likely take a toll.

On the other hand, the Lions are a force. They put up 52 points, including 3 TDs from Goff on 85 total yards passing. As Goff said after the game, the Lions have another gear to hit. Even without AH, they are the real deal.

And the Bears are....... still the Bears. I saw the end of their game yesterday. Where did they get so much bad karma? Even so, not a team to be taken lightly. Williams is the real deal.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah things are starting to revert to the norm. The queens' run was based on Darnold playing the best, almost flawless, ball of his career. Darnold is still playing well, I just don't expect this to continue for 17 games. The D is very good but also on the old side, so the 2H of games and the 2H of this season will likely take a toll.

On the other hand, the Lions are a force. They put up 52 points, including 3 TDs from Goff on 85 total yards passing. As Goff said after the game, the Lions have another gear to hit. Even without AH, they are the real deal.

And the Bears are....... still the Bears. I saw the end of their game yesterday. Where did they get so much bad karma? Even so, not a team to be taken lightly. Williams is the real deal.
Goff showing Stroud how to get the most out of 80 yards passing.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Vikings will get the benefit of playing the other 3 NFC South teams like we did which should put them in a good position. The head to head division games will make the difference.