Tretter Lang Ryan talk

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I agree. I really hope Clay restructures his deal. This team has some cap space and that could give them a very nice amount. Can this team sign Lang, Perry, cook and Hyde and a solid fa cb and rookies if they restructure clay? I would think so.

Cook and Hyde will probably be in the Packers price range and thus resigned. I have a feeling that unless Lang and Perry want to stay in GB and play for a bit less money, those 2 are going to be seeing money offers that TT and the Packers won't match.

We know almost 100% what we get with Lang (throw out injury side of it), so he will be an easy decision for GB either way they decide cost vs value and who they have to take his place. A decision that will most likely be made before the FA signing period begins.

Perry on the other hand (not the broken one) is more of a wildcard in my mind. I think some teams will throw crazy money at him and the Packers would have to be betting on him to keep meeting his highest production, the first half of the 2016 season. I see the Packers/TT not wanting to gamble big money on Perry and not signing him prior to the FA period and once it gets there, he will be priced out of the Packers plans.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I really hope Clay restructures his deal. This team has some cap space and that could give them a very nice amount. Can this team sign Lang, Perry, cook and Hyde and a solid fa cb and rookies if they restructure clay? I would think so.

question is how much will they want to gamble on him by restructuring. are they willing to give up more money if for the sake of increasing the cap by losing a guaranteed sum to him if he is injured or will they make the restructuring just enough to get them a FA back since they already have cap space to negotiate others' contracts?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet he resigns Lang before anyone. He ain't signing no free agent...Perry is leaving to go play for more money elsewhere.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not totally convinced the Packers are planning to re-sign Lang. The team might want to save the cap space on other positions than guard.
Lang has been great and I would love to see him resigned. But I agree we could see another Sitton type situation. It would be a total bummer if we see both Lang and Perry walk in FA.

D

Deleted member 6794

Lang has been great and I would love to see him resigned. But I agree we could see another Sitton type situation. It would be a total bummer if we see both Lang and Perry walk in FA.

I fully expect the Packers to re-sign Perry.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not totally convinced the Packers are planning to re-sign Lang. The team might want to save the cap space on other positions than guard.

sure they will sign at least a one year deal with lang considering rod doesn't want any disruptions in his O line. IF lang is healthy from his championship game injury. that way IF they restructure clay's contract that cap hit next year will offset by lang's departure leaving room for cap space.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

sure they will sign at least a one year deal with lang considering rod doesn't want any disruptions in his O line. IF land is healthy from his championship game injury. that way IF they restructure clay's contract that cap hit next year will offset by lang's departure leaving room for cap space.

Thompson releasing Sitton shortly before the start of this season should work as evidence the Packers don't value guards on the wrong side of 30. Don't get me wrong it's possible Lang will be re-signed but it's not a given.

now that I agree with. pepper's is done. ryan and martinez are future stars i believe

You realize Ryan and Martinez play a different position than Peppers, don't you???

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You realize Ryan and Martinez play a different position than Peppers, don't you???

just like clay I think one of the two can adjust. lets say ryan adjusts to outside then we can draft a young kid for outside with minimal effort while leaving clay and mart inside.

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson releasing Sitton shortly before the start of this season should work as evidence the Packers don't value guards on the wrong side of 30. Don't get me wrong it's possible Lang will be re-signed but it's not a given.

I don't want to speculate but I think rod had a say in that, considering the rumors of sitton not sitting well with players. just speculation. otherwise, I do admit that was a surprise move to get rid of sitton.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't want to speculate but I think rod had a say in that, considering the rumors of sitton not sitting well with players. just speculation. otherwise, I do admit that was a surprise move to get rid of sitton.

I haven't heard of Sitton not sitting well with any player before his release. He criticized the coaching staff and front office though.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
just like clay I think one of the two can adjust. lets say ryan adjusts to outside then we can draft a young kid for outside with minimal effort while leaving clay and mart inside.

If the plan is to put Ryan outside we are in big big trouble to say the least. He got moved from outside to inside back in college. He doesnt fit what we need in a 3-4 OLB at all.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I think Lang is 50/50 and will depend on what his bottom line is. Letting Sitton walk was an easier decision, since they new what they had in Lane Taylor taking over. Let Lang walk and who takes the RG spot? Barclay shouldn't be around. Tretter or Spriggs? Then how is your depth at Guard?

What happens with Peppers? Thats what I'm waiting to findout

If Peppers wants to keep playing, someone will offer him enough money to make it worth his while. Although, I would love to see that team be the Packers, especially given the current uncertainty at the position, I wouldn't offer him much more than league minimum for a vested vet.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the plan is to put Ryan outside we are in big big trouble to say the least. He got moved from outside to inside back in college. He doesnt fit what we need in a 3-4 OLB at all.

which is why I picked ryan he already has experience outside. there is a possibility that he could play but I it's food for thought. whether outside inside, i still believe ryan and mart will be our future LBs. just a hunch. hopefully they don't regress next year. :eek:

btw...not one of you had an inclination that mont would be our star running back. :D

D

Deleted member 6794

I think Lang is 50/50 and will depend on what his bottom line is. Letting Sitton walk was an easier decision, since they new what they had in Lane Taylor taking over. Let Lang walk and who takes the RG spot? Barclay shouldn't be around. Tretter or Spriggs? Then how is your depth at Guard?

Absolutely agreed that depth at guard is an issue if the Packers decide to let Lang walk away in free agency. Thompson would have to address the position in either free agency or the draft in that case.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be nice if we could resign Tretter. The ability to play all positions and be starting caliber center is huge for us. I would be happy if we can bring back Perry, Hyde and Tretter.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely agreed that depth at guard is an issue if the Packers decide to let Lang walk away in free agency. Thompson would have to address the position in either free agency or the draft in that case.
If Lang walks It would make sense to draft guard like Dan Feeney in the 2nd. He will start in this league for years! If we resign Lang and Tretter walks, then wait till later round for Asiata or Siragusa maybe 4th or 5th

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be nice if we could resign Tretter. The ability to play all positions and be starting caliber center is huge for us. I would be happy if we can bring back Perry, Hyde and Tretter.
I agree on paper. The injury thing makes me nervous about Perry and certainly Tretter.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree on paper. The injury thing makes me nervous about Perry and certainly Tretter.
I agree about the injuries but the flash that Perry showed this season was awesome and much needed. Tretter is perfect insurance for Linsley who is FA after this coming season. And with Hyde our defensive backfield was bad this season but I'd hate to it without him

Members online

No members online now.