Redskins Game day thread

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any coaches on D showing up at practice this week? Someone saw Ron Zook in Hawaii today scouting some guy punting coconuts.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope MM is playing on to score at least 40 points. I wouldnt even be mad if we lose I would be pissed if TT or MM isnt gone at the end of this season.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm at the point where I don't care if we lose as long as it results in McCarthy and/or Capers being fired within the next few months.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm at the point where I don't care if we lose as long as it results in McCarthy and/or Capers being fired within the next few months.

I don't understand fans hoping for the Packers to lose so it might result in changes. While I doubt the current coaching staff being capable of turning it around I for sure root for them to make it happen.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand fans hoping for the Packers to lose so it might result in changes. While I doubt the current coaching staff being capable of turning it around I for sure root for them to make it happen.
Because like most people, they only care about being "right". To them, everybody is a bum who's failed the fans so they all have to go. If that means 7 more losses, it will make them happy. Personally I'd like to see as many wins as we can get. 11 or 12 more would be pretty cool.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I would ever root for them to lose, but for me, there comes a point where a season is going bad enough that I'm not going to be upset if a loss improves our draft position. I'm not quite to that point yet, but if we lose these next 2 difficult games, I will be.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Because like most people, they only care about being "right". To them, everybody is a bum who's failed the fans so they all have to go. If that means 7 more losses, it will make them happy. Personally I'd like to see as many wins as we can get. 11 or 12 more would be pretty cool.

And what is Santa bringing you for Christmas ??? Sorry only kidding, but I can`t seriously us winning anything more than 2 or 3. 11 or 12 is highly optimistic.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Shockingly, we control our own destiny to win the division. Beat Detroit, beat Minnesota. If it ends in a tie, we get the tie breaker on Detroit based on head to head, and on Minnesota based on division record.

To suggest that it's okay to lose at this point is laughable.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being 4-5 and 1 game out of first place and not far out from a wildcard birth, yet people are declaring this season as being over and wanting to lose out shows how spoiled we have become. I mean, I get it that it has been frustrating but season over? No. There are 7 games left.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on what one means by 'over'. As one of the 'Super Bowl or bust' crowd, it's hard to think that it's not. Besides, after the humiliating ways they've found to exit the playoffs (of course, except for 2010), I'm not sure I even want to see them qualify for the postseason. Fool me once...

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I root for, and want, the Packers to win every game. I can't fathom feeling differently.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

An 11 0r 12 win season would probably mean that we once again lost in the playoffs. If that was the case, this place would go nuts and start wanting to see everyone fired! :coffee:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:(:(
An 11 0r 12 win season would probably mean that we once again lost in the playoffs. If that was the case, this place would go nuts and start wanting to see everyone fired! :coffee:
Personally, I can live with playoff losses, but only if they are competitive games where the final score could have ended up either way. I can't live with games like what happened in Seattle in '14. I also have little patience for mental errors ... such as leaving Larry Fitzgerald uncovered in overtime. Obviously, I would prefer to win, but if I feel the Pack gave their all and came up a little short... I can deal. However, I think this is all moot, because what we have been seeing from the Packers is not a playoff caliber team. They have all the bases covered, Coaching errors, lack of talent at a few key positions, constant player mental errors, a GM that refuses to take a chance on anything, A former top QB that seems to be having his own issues, serious injuries, and what appears to be a general apathy by all involved. I have generally been a supporter of both Thompson and McCarthy, but I am now of the opinion that things need to change. However, I will still be hoping for a win every week and crossing my fingers that they can pull off a miracle this season ...;)

Reaction score
I hope MM is playing on to score at least 40 points. I wouldnt even be mad if we lose I would be pissed if TT or MM isnt gone at the end of this season.
Ill admit I'm a bit wishy washy on the whole replacing the coach thing because MM and TT and especially Capers frustrate me also. Then I remember how good we used to be at adapting to injuries and making second half adjustments.
We know these guys have what it takes because they've proven that in 2010-2014
If they can show signs of improvement such as a wildcard birth or winning the division I'm willing to hold on to MM and TT. Dom is going to need a miracle to get my vote such as getting us down to 22 pts average (which means we'd have to be at about 19 pts a game from here on out). He's had a run on top draft picks for years now and we still suck. It's time to give Aaron another weapon or 3

Last edited:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I personally, at this point, am no longer staring at the scoreboard and counting the seconds off each game while monitoring the scores of other key games so that I can determine league standings, etc. In years' past, this would be normal.

But right now, I just want good football from this team. If I see that, I will be happy. It's just the first step, but a necessary one before anyone can start even considering playoffs. As has been famously said once before:

"Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game."
- Jim Mora

OP
OP
Royal Pain

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally, at this point, am no longer staring at the scoreboard and counting the seconds off each game while monitoring the scores of other key games so that I can determine league standings, etc. In years' past, this would be normal.

But right now, I just want good football from this team. If I see that, I will be happy. It's just the first step, but a necessary one before anyone can start even considering playoffs. As has been famously said once before:

"Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game."
- Jim Mora

I agree. Football is all about momentum, both in-game and throughout the season. The Packers are currently in a downward spiral and the season could go either way. My hope is that they get it together and turn it around, starting this Sunday night.

Members online

No members online now.