Packers at Titans 9/22/24 Pregame Thoughts

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
Clifford has been elevated from PS, again, so Love will most likely sit. Titans D will be tougher to run against so hopefully we'll see more play-action passing for 5-10 yds + yac. Can't afford 3 & outs, so MLF needs to mix up calls.
I agree. Replaying last weeks Jets/Titans and so far initially the Titans brought lots of pressure, such as sending Landry shooting up interior Gaps to meet Brice -3 in the backfield. They have a good Defense, but they almost overcompensate rushing 5-6
That often loosens up the middle of the field for a nice 5-10 gains as they game wears on.
I forgot how much $$ TN invested in their upgrades this offseason.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The Titans RT Petit-Frer is going to have his hands full with Rashan. He doesn’t handle quicker end around speed too good. Similar with RG Radunz, Kinlaw began to have his way with him more as the game wore on.
I can see Wyatt or Clark doing that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
After a slow 0-7 start a week ago at TN, Rodgers/Hackett went 8/10 on quick throws under 2.5 sec for a nice 2nd Qtr Drive. Finishing with a dump pass to Braelon Allen to make the score 7-7 with 2 minutes left in the half.

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After a slow 0-7 start a week ago at TN, Rodgers/Hackett went 8/10 on quick throws under 2.5 sec for a nice 2nd Qtr Drive. Finishing with a dump pass to Braelon Allen to make the score 7-7 with 2 minutes left in the half.
never heard of him - not the primadonna choker that shrivels up the size of little debbies when in the playoffs?!:cautious:

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
never heard of him - not the primadonna choker that shrivels up the size of little debbies when in the playoffs?!:cautious:
Hey. At least he’s bounced back to 2-1. Pretty impressive Win Thursday.

I was thinking while watching the game Thursday night. I have absolutely no problems with the Jets being a spoiler in the AFC. If nothing else just knock off a few higher caliber teams in the way to cause problems over there. We got that in 2020 with Brady coming over to the NFC… that was BAD timing to get Brady added to our Conference

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
After watching both Titans games this week and also the Jets and Texans (to get a better feel for strength of opponents) some real time thoughts

The Titans have a good QB. Levis reminded me of an inexperienced version of Matty Ice. He’s very Big and mechanical like him imo, but Ryan had basically zero run threat. Levis won’t punish you on the ground but he can scamper when needed, more like an average QB. That said, he is NOT Richardson or Hurts as far as a ground threat.

TN is 0-2 for a reason. That said, TN just played 2 what I’d call slightly above .500 strength teams and while in their QB’s infancy and they were very well in both games against the Texans and Jets well into Qtr4.

IF and mean IF we beat the Titans in their house with a backup QB? That’s a big deal and moreso than I would’ve thought before watching more film. The Titans can score points more so than the Colts, so we really need our Defense to mitigate that into that 20 points or less area. Doing that will be a big step forward for Hafley. It’s hard to tell what’s what when our D allows lots of yards or yards per play, but limiting points.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Malik breaks 200 all purpose yards / tosses another TD
Emanuel Wilson breaks 50 yards on the ground and he and Jacobs break 170 yards on the ground together
Reed breaks 100 all purpose yards and knocks in a TD

Defense/Special Teams puts up points in some capacity.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Musgrave invisible...maybe he will show up. Gary and Quay need to start helping the defense. Jaire needs to tackle. Titans D is stout. Tough test on the road and no W's yet in Opryland.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A much tougher test this week. A lot will ride on the defense, and the offensive line being able to sustain the ground game. I have confidence in Malik, but this will be the kind of game where mistakes just can't be afforded. I'm going Packers, 20 - 13.