Packers at Titans 9/22/24 Pregame Thoughts

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
I think Jordan is back this week if Malik struggles. Or just outright gonna play - he is a gunslinger no question about it!!
Yes. This is another thing about having a 25 year old VS a 40 yr old. When a 25 yr old gets hurt they bounce back in a couple 2 Weeks. When you similarly injure at 40, expect to miss 3-4 Weeks

At 25 yrs old, I used to bounce myself out of bed and land on both feet. Now some mornings I roll around searching for which angle hurts the least and I slide out of bed :laugh:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. This is another thing about having a 25 year old VS a 40 yr old. When a 25 yr old gets hurt they bounce back in a couple 2 Weeks. When you similarly injure at 40, expect to miss 3-4 Weeks

At 25 yrs old, I used to bounce myself out of bed and land on both feet. Now some mornings I roll around searching for which angle hurts the least and I slide out of bed :laugh:
Been there done that.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assume questionable (50/50) since it really does seem like a 50% chance he will play.
% apply differently with the Green Bay Packers. It is why our injury lists our longer than most of the league. Now in the Favre days it would be guaranteed he would play.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think Jordan is back this week if Malik struggles. Or just outright gonna play - he is a gunslinger no question about it!!
How many QB's do you have active in that situation? Do you use another one of Clifford's PS activations or risk going with just Malik and Jordan?

I think if Love is ready to play in relief mode, they would probably consider him ready to start. Plus, I wouldn't want to bring him in down 28-0. The Titan defense would know that he is pretty much passing 75% of the time and just bring the heat. A good way to get him reinjured.

As much as it pains me to say, because I am going to be there and would prefer to see Love playing, I think they give Jordan another week off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score

How many QB's do you have active in that situation? Do you use another one of Clifford's PS activations or risk going with Malik and Jordan?

I think if Love is ready to play in relief mode, they would probably consider him ready to start. Plus, I wouldn't want to bring him in down 28-0. The Titan defense would know that he is pretty much passing 75% of the time and just bring the heat. A good way to get him reinjured.

As much as it pains me to say, because I am going to be there and would prefer to see Love playing, I think they give Jordan another week off.
That’s where I’m at.
I’m on the fence, but even if he’s cleared? All games are important, but a Non Conference “away” game grades lower on importance. Next week’s Vikings game is much more important. I’d rather give him the weekend off and ramp him up in practice next week.
I look at it like this.
1-2 and going in full strength at home with the Vikings? I’m totally ok with that. Potential outcomes:
1-3 is NOT unrecoverable. We could claw our way back to 5-5 or 6-6 or even 7-7 and very much relevant.
2-2 and beating the Vikings? Splendid
Lots of season left with a 1-0 Division record.

Another thought. There is a realistic chance that Malik and Company squeak out another Victory. Thats a very real possibility after watching our ground attack and short game. THAT would be really ideal because we’d be 2-1 and hosting the Vikings for the Division lead, but with a healthy Love

I might even go as far as saying that the Malik Willis Victory last week supplies my confidence in giving him that opportunity. This is career changing type stuff

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Another thought. There is a realistic chance that Malik and Company squeak out another Victory. Thats a very real possibility after watching our ground attack and short game. THAT would be really ideal because we’d be 2-1 and hosting the Vikings for the Division lead, but with a healthy Love
I think if Malik plays, we see more on offense. He has had another week in the system, knows the Titans defense better than most and has that first start as a Packer under his belt. Yes, the Titans know his strengths and weaknesses as well, but he's playing in a new offense and they only have 1 reel of game film to watch him in a watered down version of it. I would still say "advantage Willis".

Like I said in another post, if there was a point in the season that Love had to miss 1-4 games, this was probably the best timing possible for it. Not to mention it is improving our #2 QB.

I also think we will see the defense improve over their improvement from Week 1 to Week 2. New system, a few new pieces, it is a work in progress.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I haven't seen (and is the least likely option) is that the Packers go with both QBs. Hear this out before doubting it:

1. Green Bay has been rotating players at several positions so far this season (guard, LB, safety)
2. The Packers went into Week 2,according to a quote by Elgton Jenkins, with the same offensive game plan against Indianapolis, no matter who was going to be QB
3. We probably want to ease Jordan back into playing and limit the number of opportunities for re-injury

If we go into Week 3 with a similarly scaled back game plan, yet creative, like we did in Week 2 then either QB could executed it. It might really throw Tennessee for a loop if Willis starts the first drive and then before they know it Love is taking the snaps in the second drive.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What I haven't seen (and is the least likely option) is that the Packers go with both QBs. Hear this out before doubting it:

1. Green Bay has been rotating players at several positions so far this season (guard, LB, safety)
2. The Packers went into Week 2,according to a quote by Elgton Jenkins, with the same offensive game plan against Indianapolis, no matter who was going to be QB
3. We probably want to ease Jordan back into playing and limit the number of opportunities for re-injury

If we go into Week 3 with a similarly scaled back game plan, yet creative, like we did in Week 2 then either QB could executed it. It might really throw Tennessee for a loop if Willis starts the first drive and then before they know it Love is taking the snaps in the second drive.

Personally, I think if Jordan warms up in pregame and is ready to go, you start him. Just doing that may throw the Titans defensive plans a bit. I just don't think you want him sitting/standing around too long and then throw him in mid quarter.

The tricky part here, they will have to dress and activate all 3 QB's if the plan is to decide on Jordans availability right at game time. Not a terrible thing, but that is one less active player at other positions.