New Proposed Kick-Off Rule

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take 97% returns over 22 % any day. Way more excitement and way more potential for big plays. I don't get why its so laughable. Its different and its not what you are used to but to play the what if game what if this is the way it always was and they just switched to what we are all used to. Would that be laughable?

I keep going back to my premise that football is 80% the same game it was since any one of us started watching. Some minor rules changes and a few tweaks but the goal has never changed. I love a strong running game and good defense. I'm less enthused about the explosion of offense (although I understand why people like it) but what it has done is make me appreciate a really good running back (a Derrick Henry type) and a strong defense even more. Trends may have changed toward more offense and passing but IMO the game has not changed that much. Teams passed the ball 50 years ago, they just pass it more now.
Desmond Howard does not return the ball for the game icer in SB 31 with the current rule. When I saw those kickoffs Saturday I hearkened back to my youth of the early 60s playing in the front yard and kicking off between 2 driveways. Exciting. But if that is what they like so be it.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Desmond Howard does not return the ball for the game icer in SB 31 with the current rule. When I saw those kickoffs Saturday I hearkened back to my youth of the early 60s playing in the front yard and kicking off between 2 driveways. Exciting. But if that is what they like so be it.
I still think quadrupling the number of kickoffs is going to make the game more exciting.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I still think quadrupling the number of kickoffs is going to make the game more exciting.
If the Packers quadruple their number of kickoffs, that would be great, and a sign of them having one hell of a season! I just hope the opponents don't too! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts