New league

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a minute 30 to make a pick in Fantasy?
I see it both ways. If you give more time, more research. But it's also a huge slow down because of the time it takes between picks. How long it extends it would pretty much depend on how many teams will be on auto draft.

Just an estimate here, but if 10 guys are actually manually drafting and they take 1:30 each, that puts one round over 15 minutes. Multiply that times 15 rounds, we're talking over 3.5 hours of drafting time. It kind of depends on how dedicated each guy is to drafting a team. Most will walk away and let it auto draft after 8 or 9 rounds, so we're still talking about somewhere in the 2 hour neighborhood.

I don't care for myself, one way or another. I'm really one of those guys who can walk away and let it go auto after about 9 rounds. At that point, I've done as much damage to my roster as possible, and hope that the computer does a better job on the back end of my roster. :)

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
..this is a league for bragging rights, not how much money you can win. I do mock drafts that are 30 secs and I usually go auto draft because it's taking so long. But whatever you do is fine by me....if I start to nod off, I'll just put it in auto drive

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Live Draft begins in 52 minutes, with 1.5 minutes (maximum) per pick & looks like we're an 8 team league. I've set playoffs to be top 6 teams, during weeks 14, 15 with Championship week 16 (Christmas weekend).

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Live Draft begins in 52 minutes, with 1.5 minutes (maximum) per pick & looks like we're an 8 team league. I've set playoffs to be top 6 teams, during weeks 14, 15 with Championship week 16 (Christmas weekend).
8 team leagues are good too. You just have to be a little more proactive in the FA market as the season progresses. When 6 of the 8 teams makes the playoffs, you're not really out of it until near the end, so it's less likely players will walk away.

I'm picking 6. I kind of like that. Get two picks close together at midpoints, so it gives a nice balance. I'm going to try to do a few rounds manually, with the 1.5 minute clock. Should be plenty of time for me to avoid frustration. LOL

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That went quick. Not certain I did that well with my draft though. I guess we'll know in a few weeks.

Good luck everyone!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That went quick. Not certain I did that well with my draft though. I guess we'll know in a few weeks.

Good luck everyone!
25 minute draft! :) With only 8 teams there are plenty of good ones available on waivers if/when replacements are necessary. Great job, everyone!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
25 minute draft! :) With only 8 teams there are plenty of good ones available on waivers if/when replacements are necessary. Great job, everyone!
I'm surprised. I actually got a solid grade on this draft. The first time in over a decade that I had one better than the middle at best. Now I'll see how it plays out when it actually comes to scoring.

I went out on a limb with an early pick. I got Derrick Henry because of "past performance." But, he has older legs, so it's hard to be totally upbeat as to where it's going with him. It was a flyer to be honest, hoping he'd catch lightning in a bottle one more year.

I might actually improve on last year's 7-7. That would be nice. Missed the playoffs by a heartbeat.

Thanks for putting the time in as the Commish PkrJones. It's greatly appreciated.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I ended up getting free tickets to the T-Rats last night and was going to do the draft from the game. I looked down and it was 7:20! I'm like shoot! Logged in and got to draft my defense and kicker :laugh:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I ended up getting free tickets to the T-Rats last night and was going to do the draft from the game. I looked down and it was 7:20! I'm like shoot! Logged in and got to draft my defense and kicker :laugh:
The way it goes in Fantasy Football, the roster they drafted for you could end up winning it all, with a little manipulation. You have some really good players the computer took for you.

I wouldn't doubt you're in the hunt for the championship this year.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at work. Interesting that auto-draft gave me a failing grade.
After looking at your roster, I don't see any reason it should be ranked that low. You have some really good skill players on it, and some of the back ups are better than some starters elsewhere.

I'm beginning to doubt the validity of their rankings based on past points and what they visualize as this year's points. Plus, it doesn't cover injuries, and when you have depth, you survive them, while what appears to be good teams flounder because they don't have the depth.

I don't think you're going to be out of the hunt for a championship by an stretch of the imagination. Those out will be those who get hurt worst by injuries.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think you're going to be out of the hunt for a championship by an stretch of the imagination. Those out will be those who get hurt worst by injuries.
1st time I played, I was helping my son. His 5th grade teacher set up a league online as part of a math class for those willing. Needed to log in with adult credentials back then. That was the year Mike Vick came off the bench for Philly. I had my son grab him as a FA and rode him to the championship.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts