Hard Knocks Chicago…you watch?/what u think?

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
***I put here for discussion purposes bc I still think we’re you’re #1 rival, but if it is not right category MODS plz move to appropriate category. Now nobody has to bring it up***

I’m curious if any of y’all watched and what do you think?
I will be the first to admit I was a staunch Justin Fields supporter.
I wanted us to trade the #1 pick for the greatest haul ever seen in NFL history. Even better than how bad we swindled Carolina last year(still get their 2nd Rnd pick next draft).
We realistically would only have been willing to trade with either Washington or New England bc we know Arizona will take Mhjr.
It just depends on who would’ve been willing to pay the most for Caleb.

You draft MHjr., maybe still sign Keenan Allen and with JF1’s mobility and arm!!!……. But….it wasn’t meant to be. Wish JF2 nothing but the best in Pitt.

I was worried about the nail painting TBH.
Kind of worried about running to his mom and crying.
The moments I had seen of him there was just this kind of an aloofness he had to himself……that made me nervous.
I’m not nervous anymore. I’m also not ashamed to admit I was dead wrong.

We have our Aaron Rodgers now except I see better #’s in his upcoming NFC championship games!!

The best quote I saw from Caleb this whole summer was his response to not getting nervous. He asked the reporter “if you studied every problem and worked out every equation from chapter 7 correctly…. would you be worried about passing the chapter 7 test?”

The answer is no you wouldn’t.

The kid understands preparation and pressure and handles them both with precision and grace.

I really hope some of you got to see Hard Knocks and look forward to hopefully discussing your honest opinions about how Da Bears looked for this upcoming season.

There is one more episode left, but all the preseason games are over and we’ve seen everything we’re going to see from the preseason.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I have never watched a single episode of Hard Knocks since its inception. All I know is apparently, the Bears forbade cursing being left in - good god-fearing corporate entity that they are. :)

OP
OP
Calebs Revenge

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Virginia is 101. The team will act accordingly… it is 1952(in her mind).

All kidding aside, she is 101 and apparently still has her faculties and she loves/loved her father(RIP Papa Bear Halas).
She will not allow anyone to embarrass the Bears, and by association him.
Throughout her entire life, she has been fiercely, loyal and protective of her father’s legacy and the image that the Chicago Bears portrayed to the public.

Hang around for one more year ol’ girl…..it’s gonna be special.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Georgia Frontier, owner of the Rams, live just long enough to see Kurt Warner win a SB trophy and a bunch of NFC championships?

I've also never seen an episode of Hard Knocks. I don't have HBO. I've also blindly assumed that the producers focus on the drama side of football, which I don't care to watch.

That said, you probably still get pretty good insight into a team and its players. I hope that the Bears do rise to be a perennial power in the NFC again. There is nothing more satisfying than a competitive Packers/Bears game, won by the Packers.

OP
OP
Calebs Revenge

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have been incredibly lucky the last three years but the biggest thing that is a good thing for our franchise that happened in the last 50 years is Ted Phillips retired.
I literally cannot explain to you how many good players did not wear the Chicago C
because this guy, like Papa Bear Halas before him, threw “nickels around like manhole covers”!!!!
New GM, new CEO, new HC and most importantly the generational talent at QB.

Plus a top 10 for sure, maybe top 5 defense and if we can somehow get Micah Parsons….. I literally believe you’ll be looking at the first 3peat Champions in the NFL history.

See y’all on the field braaaatches.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I literally believe you’ll be looking at the first 3peat Champions in the NFL history.
Psst, if you check NFL records from before your birthing, you'll see the Packers have done that twice.

ETA: I'll do it for you
1970 (Super Bowl V) - Baltimore Colts
1969 (Super Bowl IV) - Kansas City Chiefs; (NFL: Minnesota Vikings)
1968 (Super Bowl III) - New York Jets; (NFL: Baltimore Colts)
1967 (Super Bowl II) - Green Bay Packers; (AFL: Oakland Raiders)
1966 (Super Bowl I) - Green Bay Packers; (AFL: Kansas City Chiefs)

1965 - AFL: Buffalo Bills; NFL: Green Bay Packers
1964 - AFL: Buffalo Bills; NFL: Cleveland Browns (NFL)
1963 - AFL: San Diego Chargers; NFL: Chicago Bears (NFL)
1962 - AFL: Dallas Texans; NFL: Green Bay Packers (NFL)
1961 - AFL: Houston Oilers; NFL: Green Bay Packers (NFL)
1960 - AFL: Houston Oilers; NFL: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL)
1959 - Baltimore Colts
1958 - Baltimore Colts
1957 - Detroit Lions
1956 - New York Giants
1955 - Cleveland Browns
1954 - Cleveland Browns
1953 - Detroit Lions
1952 - Detroit Lions
1951 - Los Angeles Rams
1950 - Cleveland Browns
1949 - Philadelphia Eagles
1948 - Philadelphia Eagles
1947 - Chicago Cardinals
1946 - Chicago Bears
1945 - Cleveland Rams
1944 - Green Bay Packers
1943 - Chicago Bears
1942 - Washington Redskins
1941 - Chicago Bears
1940 - Chicago Bears
1939 - Green Bay Packers
1938 - New York Giants
1937 - Washington Redskins
1936 - Green Bay Packers
1935 - Detroit Lions
1934 - New York Giants
1933 - Chicago Bears
1932 - Chicago Bears
1931 - Green Bay Packers
1930 - Green Bay Packers
1929 - Green Bay Packers

1928 - Providence Steam Roller
1927 - New York Giants
1926 - Frankford Yellow Jackets
1925 - Chicago Cardinals
1924 - Cleveland Bulldogs
1923 - Canton Bulldogs
1922 - Canton Bulldogs
1921 - Chicago Staleys
1920 - Akron Pros

Last edited:

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus a top 10 for sure, maybe top 5 defense and if we can somehow get Micah Parsons….. I literally believe you’ll be looking at the first 3peat Champions in the NFL history.
Yes, of course you do. But what you really mean to say is, the first 3peat NFL championships since Green Bay did in 65-67. which in itself was the first time it had been done since they did it the first time, in 29-31.

Do you not even bother anymore checking in with Planet Earth when you rewrite your Hstory Of The Universe In The World Of a Bears Fan?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really are drinking the blue and orange koolaid. I like the enthusiasm but even when Chicago had arguably the best defense in NFL history, they only won one title. You've anointed the Bears as off-season champions, but there is a looong way to go.

OP
OP
Calebs Revenge

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really are drinking the blue and orange koolaid. I like the enthusiasm but even when Chicago had arguably the best defense in NFL history, they only won one title. You've anointed the Bears as off-season champions, but there is a looong way to go.
I have discussed ad nauseam why we only won the one title and it is directly because of the Green Bay Packers and it’s not because of how well you played the game of football but because of how effing dirty your whole organization is.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree too that the Charles Martin play was abhorrent, but McMahon was not the centerpiece of that team....or even a crucial piece. You can point to that incident, and while it was a factor, it was not a major reason. Buddy Ryan leaving was a HUGE reason. Walter Payton declining was another major reason that the Bears dynasty faltered quickly.

Again - put down the koolaid. The Bears will be better this season but predicting a dynasty is fool hardy. It reminds me of something Mrs. El Guapo used to say to our daughter when she was younger, "There are some thoughts that are better left unsaid."

OP
OP
Calebs Revenge

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree too that the Charles Martin play was abhorrent, but McMahon was not the centerpiece of that team....or even a crucial piece. You can point to that incident, and while it was a factor, it was not a major reason. Buddy Ryan leaving was a HUGE reason. Walter Payton declining was another major reason that the Bears dynasty faltered quickly.

Again - put down the koolaid. The Bears will be better this season but predicting a dynasty is fool hardy. It reminds me of something Mrs. El Guapo used to say to our daughter when she was younger, "There are some thoughts that are better left unsaid."
You’re absolutely right Jim McMahon being supplexed and a bunch of jobbers taking over had nothing to do with us losing to Giants. Teams always play better with the backup in.
It is what it is. We were robbed. They should have sold the packers to Saskatchewan afterwards as punishment.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
You’re absolutely right Jim McMahon being supplexed and a bunch of jobbers taking over had nothing to do with us losing to Giants. Teams always play better with the backup in.
It is what it is. We were robbed. They should have sold the packers to Saskatchewan afterwards as punishment.
Jimmy Mac shouldn't have thrown a pick on the play and Martin wouldn't have had a chance to "block" him.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But we’ll still be the first Super Bowl 3peat champs.
It's statements like this that hurts your credibility here. Do you know how hard it is to even repeat? And yeah, Charles Martin made a dirty play, but parlaying that into saying the whole organization was dirty is going too far. And there was no guarantee Chicago won the Super Bowl that year anyway.

“Why Ed Bagley……..what an ugly thing to say. “
Does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know, Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think that I could bear it.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 1985 the Bears were near the bottom of the league in most of the important passing stats such as yardage, TDs, etc. The Bears led the league in rushing and defense. Believe what you want, but the fact is that the Bears success stemmed from running the ball and defense. McMahon was a below-average QB with a larger-than-life personna. The Bears should have been able to continue winning with Porky Pig at quarterback, but they couldn't because there is more involved (as I stated in my prior post) and dynasties are rare.

OP
OP
Calebs Revenge

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I swear if Albert Hainsworth had played for the Packers when he head stomped that guy……yall would say “the other player put his head under Albert‘s foot so it’s totally not Albert’s fault.

Just own it. No excuses.

I’d like to have found out what the season would’ve looked like if they didn’t have to play a team with, what looked like escaped felons, purposefully injuring my players. You saying we prob wouldn’t have won anyways is a ovo cop out.

A Rodgers sucked at NFCCG’s not played at Soldier. It’s not like we ever hurt him on purpose to wreck a title run and defense.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
***I put here for discussion purposes bc I still think we’re you’re #1 rival, but if it is not right category MODS plz move to appropriate category. Now nobody has to bring it up***

I’m curious if any of y’all watched and what do you think?
I will be the first to admit I was a staunch Justin Fields supporter.
I wanted us to trade the #1 pick for the greatest haul ever seen in NFL history. Even better than how bad we swindled Carolina last year(still get their 2nd Rnd pick next draft).
We realistically would only have been willing to trade with either Washington or New England bc we know Arizona will take Mhjr.
It just depends on who would’ve been willing to pay the most for Caleb.

You draft MHjr., maybe still sign Keenan Allen and with JF1’s mobility and arm!!!……. But….it wasn’t meant to be. Wish JF2 nothing but the best in Pitt.

I was worried about the nail painting TBH.
Kind of worried about running to his mom and crying.
The moments I had seen of him there was just this kind of an aloofness he had to himself……that made me nervous.
I’m not nervous anymore. I’m also not ashamed to admit I was dead wrong.

We have our Aaron Rodgers now except I see better #’s in his upcoming NFC championship games!!

The best quote I saw from Caleb this whole summer was his response to not getting nervous. He asked the reporter “if you studied every problem and worked out every equation from chapter 7 correctly…. would you be worried about passing the chapter 7 test?”

The answer is no you wouldn’t.

The kid understands preparation and pressure and handles them both with precision and grace.

I really hope some of you got to see Hard Knocks and look forward to hopefully discussing your honest opinions about how Da Bears looked for this upcoming season.

There is one more episode left, but all the preseason games are over and we’ve seen everything we’re going to see from the preseason.
Tough to get to the Big Dance, much to say about winning it. In the last 25 years the Pats and Chiefs found the formula. Good players but also good coaching and a good organization from top to bottom. I grew up with all those Bears fans. Papa Bear vs. Lombardi. The rivalry was unmatched.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I swear if Albert Hainsworth had played for the Packers when he head stomped that guy……yall would say “the other player put his head under Albert‘s foot so it’s totally not Albert’s fault.

Just own it. No excuses.

I’d like to have found out what the season would’ve looked like if they didn’t have to play a team with, what looked like escaped felons, purposefully injuring my players. You saying we prob wouldn’t have won anyways is a ovo cop out.

A Rodgers sucked at NFCCG’s not played at Soldier. It’s not like we ever hurt him on purpose to wreck a title run and defense.
You're quite insane. Read any of my posts about this. I've owned the Charles Martin incident over and over again.

You are like a politician, changing the topic because you don't want to lose an argument. I'm done with your nonsense. Enjoy your season.

OP
OP
Calebs Revenge

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You're quite insane. Read any of my posts about this. I've owned the Charles Martin incident over and over again.

You are like a politician, changing the topic because you don't want to lose an argument. I'm done with your nonsense. Enjoy your season.
Ok. Bye.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts