Favre > Rodgers > Love

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
To think that there never is a valid excuse isn't correct.
I could be wrong, but the Jets said it was an unexcused absence, from a Mandatory camp, which means that Rodgers didn't give them what they term to be a "valid" excuse.

What do you mean by "Valid". Valid to Rodgers?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but the Jets said it was an unexcused absence, from a Mandatory camp, which means that Rodgers didn't give them what they term to be a "valid" excuse.

What do you mean by "Valid". Valid to Rodgers?
I guess I would have to know why and take it from there.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I guess I would have to know why and take it from there.
So you aren't satisfied with what his coach said?

“he had an event that was very important to him which he communicated,” Saleh explained. “Both are inexcused. They are both subject to the CBA fine schedule.”

Meanwhile, just like he did in his final years in GB, he just continues to create unneeded distractions for the coaches, players and organization.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No. He is still getting most of that.

But it is more important than his team.
Yup. Last season he made almost $10M/snap.

You would think the guy could plan his calendar a bit better or spend some money on a personal assistant that makes sure he doesn't miss his required job related tasks.

There were always a few Rodgers apologist here that said he didn't need to attend Packer OTA's because he knew the playbook inside and out and had been with the Packers for a long time, etc. Basically, nothing new for him to learn.

What are the apologists going to say now?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. Last season he made almost $10M/snap.

You would think the guy could plan his calendar a bit better or spend some money on a personal assistant that makes sure he doesn't miss his required job related tasks.

There were always a few Rodgers apologist here that said he didn't need to attend Packer OTA's because he knew the playbook inside and out and had been with the Packers for a long time, etc. Basically, nothing new for him to learn.

What are the apologists going to say now?
And they only practiced getting in and out of the huddle . . .

And now McKinney, Alexander, and Nixon are excused from minicamp. Excused, but it is still a disappointment.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers defeat Jets in SB LIX in New Orleans... The new fhof qb beats the old fhof qb in the stadium the first hof qb became a fhof qb

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

“he had an event that was very important to him which he communicated,” Saleh explained. “Both are inexcused. They are both subject to the CBA fine schedule.”

Meanwhile, just like he did in his final years in GB, he just continues to create unneeded distractions for the coaches, players and organization.
Yes, I am, at this point satisfied with that. He told the coach that he had something to do on such and such a date. Saleh says thanx for telling me but it's not excused. I assume it was something that could not be changed. I imagine we will eventually know what it was. I can see not wanting to broadcast it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What happened to him saying in this building all that matters is winning. If it isn't about winning you need to re think what your doing

Skipping this isn't going to make them lose, but until we know what it was he is just a hypocrite

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What happened to him saying in this building all that matters is winning. If it isn't about winning you need to re think what your doing

Skipping this isn't going to make them lose, but until we know what it was he is just a hypocrite
Seems that rules and his own words, only apply to others. Rule #45 :coffee:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Poker you nailed the summary on these stunts by Rodgers. Saleh was at his passive/aggressive best (mostly passive), saying in effect - "Everyone has to be here for this minicamp, that's why it's called mandatory, duh - but Rodgers has something else he'd rather do."

I mean, that's the essence of it. He didn't get the ok from the Jets, and even if he asked, which I doubt, he said no. What he was really saying was "**** you. I have other things to do and this is not convenient for me."

By pro sports standards, Rodgers is very old, he's not Tom Brady, and by missing all of last year, he fell further into irrelevancy (don't get me wrong, he's first ballot HOF and among the top 5 QBs ever, but that's the past and Rodgers only measures himself in the now). And that is anathema to Rodgers, sinking into irrlevancy. Jets' fans are thinking he'll play like he did in his late 20s, so expectations for him are huge in NYC.

He got whacked by the owners of the Pat McAfee show, he entertained a run with RFK Jr as VP after totally committing to the new team - the guy just needs to be seen. And then there was that spectacular failure on Jeopardy, where I'm pretty sure he was told he would never be the new Alex Trabek, and he's just grasping.

It just makes me all the happier with the team the Packers have become. Both Favre and Rodgers succumbed to their own celebrity. I hope Love has a terrific career and can avoid that.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah and before this little prank he was entertaining running with RFK Jr as his VP. "If it isn't about winning....." Hypocrite is right.

All he's been good at, and all he'll be known for, is football. And that is fading. Now he's had quite a career and is certainly one of the best to play, but it all comes to an end, and he probably won't cut it as a commentator after getting whacked by the Pat McAfee owners and his failure on Jeopardy. He's just not a very likable guy. He is like a needy child or dog, always needing attention.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So many Rodgers threads to choose from, guess I will put this right here.

Some things never change and I guess Rodgers is comfortable enough with his 4 snaps in a real game with the Jets offense, that he is already taking unexcused absences from the Jets Minicamp.

WTG Aaron, wouldn't want you changing your stripes!

The Jets signed him. Not the Packers. We have our own team to prepare. Wish him good luck unless he is playing against us.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's a mandatory thing, he should be there. He apparently won't, so he'll be fined. This all seems reasonable to me.

As far as whatever this personal thing is, it's been stated above that he considers it more important that the minicamp, which is obviously true. Or rather, he considers the fines acceptable to do whatever this thing is.

Is it? I'm more no than yes. I don't know what the thing is. Another darkness retreat or similar? Seems foolish. A yoga/stretching/rehab expert that could extend his career 5 more, productive years? That might be worth it.

Members online