Doubs Missing Practice

Reaction score
I’m not going to act like I fully know the story here. Would he hold out over that idk? I do know in the 2 normal games that our QB wasn’t hurt he had 15 targets. Something doesn’t smell right about the reporting of this story Professor Watson.
Wicks 22 targets
Reed 22 targets
Doubs 20 targets

Romeo Romeo where art thou Romeo is number #3 in receiving targets and only by a thin Margin out of first place.
Is it abnormal across a year? I don’t believe so. If he had 7.5 targets average from Love across 13 contests we’re teetering an another 100 targets through regular season. 118 total

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll preface this by saying none of us know the accuracy of this rumor. It could be all BS. I made a post a while back when we were discussing the whole true #1 vs a bunch potential #1s in any given game talking about this. My contention was that even though we didn't have a true #1 I thought we had 4 guys that could conceivably be one and we might have to go with option 2 until one of them steps up. I wasn't just talking about stepping up by getting better at WR but also stepping up mentally as in being prepared to take on that role. Sometimes it takes a bit of maturity and confidence that comes from actually knowing you can do it rather than just thinking you can do it. They all said what we wanted to hear (whatever it takes I'll do it) because that is what you are supposed to say. Maybe RD is ready to take that step but if there is any truth to this he is going about it the wrong way You take that step by making yourself too difficult to ignore. You don't skip practice and whine about it.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll wait for all the facts to come out before I make any judgment here. Right now, all we have is speculation and rumor, and those who are making it more well known are trying to turn it into something that piques people's interest, not deal with facts.

Reaction score
I think this story is laying ground cover for something else that’s going on with him imo. I hope he’s ok is all I think Romeo just needs to get back and stay busy and focused and he’ll be fine.

I do have some minor speculation that the Packers are looking at perfecting a trade or signing a high profile WR. Just a hunch and I’m not saying it’s imminent, just they are doing their homework. Just a solid probability that GB had reached outside to see what’s what and it’s possible he got wind of it. Thats one of several possibilities I’m profiling motivations based on obscure ground cover that’s being laid. Secondly with Watson going down Doubs would naturally get more opportunities by default. That makes the timing of this even more odd.

I’ll just add that It’s highly unusual to just ghost a team for practice with zero initial communication.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GBkrzygrl

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately it must be true. Just got this off the packers' website.

The Green Bay Packers have placed WR Romeo Doubs (DOBBS) on the reserve/suspended list for one game for conduct detrimental to the team

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not going to act like I fully know the story here. Would he hold out over that idk? I do know in the 2 normal games that our QB wasn’t hurt he had 15 targets. Something doesn’t smell right about the reporting of this story Professor Watson.
Wicks 22 targets
Reed 22 targets
Doubs 20 targets

Romeo Romeo where art thou Romeo is number #3 in receiving targets and only by a thin Margin out of first place.
Is it abnormal across a year? I don’t believe so. If he had 7.5 targets average from Love across 13 contests we’re teetering an another 100 targets through regular season. 118 total
He has to realize that in those 2 games without Love that the goal was to run the ball. With Watson out he may think he should be the go to guy. Well, Reed has been the headline so far. Malik and Bo are going to get some PT this week. It is football. It is a team game.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this story is laying ground cover for something else that’s going on with him imo. I hope he’s ok is all I think Romeo just needs to get back and stay busy and focused and he’ll be fine.

I do have some minor speculation that the Packers are looking at perfecting a trade or signing a high profile WR. Just a hunch and I’m not saying it’s imminent, just they are doing their homework. Just a solid probability that GB had reached outside to see what’s what and it’s possible he got wind of it. Thats one of several possibilities I’m profiling motivations based on obscure ground cover that’s being laid. Secondly with Watson going down Doubs would naturally get more opportunities by default. That makes the timing of this even more odd.

I’ll just add that It’s highly unusual to just ghost a team for practice with zero initial communication.
The Packers are concerned with other positions right now including the kicker. We lost 2 games scoring 29 and 28. That tells us something.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wicks 22 targets
Reed 22 targets
Doubs 20 targets

Part of why Doubs got targets the last couple of years was because Watson always gets hurt.

Reaction score
He has to realize that in those 2 games without Love that the goal was to run the ball. With Watson out he may think he should be the go to guy. Well, Reed has been the headline so far. Malik and Bo are going to get some PT this week. It is football. It is a team game.
It might just be that simple. We’ve been saying how young this team is. That type behavior is consistent with growing up.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They suspended him for this week's game, hopefully they have things ironed out going forward.