Colts at Packers 9/24 Game Thread

Reaction score
First and foremost. Know that each of you are loved greatly! You guys are my football brethren (both girls/guys) and I not only enjoy sparring ideas.. I can’t imagine a world without our Forum Family.

Today is our favorite day.. Sunday!!
I have no idea where my recent excitement is derived from. This year I have hope even with our QB1 down, which makes no sense I should be distraught. Something about this Roster is special above the “average” season imo.
I’m not even suggesting it is in 2024. However I still see one of the better All Around Rosters we’ve had in awhile. Very few missing pieces with better than normal depth.

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
Past the fact that our QB1 is ruled out. I still feel like we have a chance to be competitive against (Colts) what looked like a very respectable Team against the Texans last week.

Past the obvious at QB, Overall we are healthy. Marshawn Lloyd will likely suit up and we will hopefully see him get his first carry. It’s part of the process to get him ramped up for next few weeks. So this is very important. Marshawn just might be one of our top 3 Rookies from a 2024 impact perspective.

Edgerrin Cooper played like an above average starting LB in his debut. Will we lean on him a little more today?
I think we should. Yes I’m aware he’s young but he’s an easy top 40 overall draft pick. We got us a steal and I’d get him involved more regular week by week (probably their plan already)

Our Pass Rush unit feels like a Top 10 ranked unit. However last week we were cautious, which was a calculated risk. We forced Hurts to use his arm to beat us and he did. Richardson is a similar style QB, athletic and big. If I recall scored a perfect 10.0 RAS. Game 1 was almost the perfect precursor to how to employ our young D against that style QB. If we smooth the edges a little bit in the D backfield and apply a little more pressure on the QB, I think we can balance allowing a few QB runs without giving up much more rushing yards. Yet we can mitigate passing yards or a couple bigger plays (like J’aire getting double moved for a long TD). Better balance is key.

We are relatively healthy. We also need a D day. That = take some calculated risks to get QB pressure and relying on our faster LB’s and more downhill Safeties to mitigate escaping the pocket past the LOS. Notice I said mitigate, not eliminate. I’ll risk a 5 yard positive scamper to get a 7 yard Sack

Last edited:
OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
The key to winning last week was controlling the tempo. 40:20 ratio Texans to Colts. That involved leaning on the ground game and being patient. We have 3 capable RB’s with Marshawn as our RB3

We don’t need to give Indi any help. Need to keep Turnover ratio +1 or better. Keep our own penalties <=7. Playing disciplined football and being prepared to capitalize on errant throws or loose footballs.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF needs to mix up plays better, play action pass on downs 1 & 2 vs must pass on 3rd. Run game looks good, will look even bettrr with Colts D loosened up.

Members online