Change the center

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? I thought the OL's play suffered after he left with cramping Friday evening.
Myers supposedly was cramping much of the 2nd half but stayed in until Love went out. There were only 2 more plays with Rhyan & Morgan in together, so sample size is too small.

Morgan & Myers are almost identical, size-wise...not sure about strength of each. OL definitely needs more push in short yardage situations or will only get 3 on a large percentage of redzone visits. :(

Reaction score
I will say I didn’t watch the whole game. However I did notice an early highlight big Run play where he laid a nice block in the second level. He moves quickly for big man and looks for work. He was a key block on one of our Bigger Runs

I don’t know who gave up the Sacks and Pressure though. I’m pretty sure we already have his successor here with Monk. I doubt we would switch out at C this early unless there’s an injury or multiple games of concerning play. One game isn’t enough info.

I think we have this conversation after 6-8 games to get a better feel.

In other news, the Bears have just 22 yards of Offense with 4 minutes left in the half. Including 6 yards passing on their first 3 drives. Our best hope is a few Division losses

Aaron Jones scores his 1st TD in purple

Last edited:
OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say I didn’t watch the whole game. However I did notice an early highlight big Run play where he laid a nice block in the second level. He moves quickly for big man and looks for work. He was a key block on one of our Bigger Runs
I don't doubt that Myers can make a 2nd level block. What is concerning to me is his ability or lack of when he has to face a guy on the line of scrimmage. I'd like to try Monk.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Myers at times plays like a pro-bowler. At other times he plays like a bum. His inconsistency draws ire and praise from those that see too much of one and not enough of the other.

He needs to figure out how to be consistently good, or else he will not be consistently in the starting lineup.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those standing up for Myers go watch the first 2-3 series AT Minnesota last year. He did 2 things that would've gotten him cut if we had any depth at that point.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Myers has been a weak link on the oline since he got here. It doesn't help that Gute took him one spot ahead of the guy that is now the best center in the NFL. In the Eagles game specifically, Sean Rhyan and Myers were the weak links. Rhyan was better pass blocking (almost decent even) but worse at run blocking while Meyers was just below average at everything (story of his career).