Brayden Narveson

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm afraid you're right. Seems very likely they'll take a long look in the next few days at guys who were cut yesterday. Pkrjones wrote that NO had two guys, Grupe and Lutz who were perfect in the preseason. That's just the preseason. I don't know who got cut by NO, but I'm sure that guy is or will be in GB, along with others.

Still seems likely that Joseph will start the season with the Packers. One week and preseason tape would be all the Packers have to go on with another K before they leave for São Paulo.

Bottom line, they gambled on Anders and lost, or at least went in another direction.
Since I posted the last post, it seems the Packers have brought in a guy who might just be the one who ends up getting the job, to start the season. This whole situation is in a state of flux, and is in no way resolved as of yet.

Personally? I think the new guy is our kicker when we head to Brazil. But that's just conjecture, because I don't have a lot of info on him, and probably won't look it up either. LOL I have way too many other things going on around me, including Texas HS football, which is drawing me into some interesting scenarios. More on that at a later date.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since I posted the last post, it seems the Packers have brought in a guy who might just be the one who ends up getting the job, to start the season. This whole situation is in a state of flux, and is in no way resolved as of yet.

Personally? I think the new guy is our kicker when we head to Brazil. But that's just conjecture, because I don't have a lot of info on him, and probably won't look it up either. LOL I have way too many other things going on around me, including Texas HS football, which is drawing me into some interesting scenarios. More on that at a later date.
Things change fast after cutdowns. Today the Packers released Joseph and picked up rookie Brayden Narveson from the Titans. He had a good camp and PS, but the Titans decided to stay with veteran Nick Folk.

He's a big dude, 5'10" and 215 lbs. I only saw one picture but it looks like he has huge legs.

Gotta give Gluten credit. He's moved on from drafted players who just didn't cut it - Carlson, Clifford, Pratt, Kalen King. He won't let his ego get in the way of improving the team. Then again, with all the draft picks he makes each year (10 or 11) there are gonna be some clunkers. The only stat I saw on Narveson was he made 785 of his kicks in college and all XPs. Gluten liked him enough to jettison Joseph. In Gluten we trust.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want us to have a PK with a big ole beer gut...booming 60 yarders with extra clearance
Yeah wasn't Janikowski a big dude like that. All I remember is that he had a great career and he was taken very early in the draft, but that had to be 25 years ago, or longer.

And yeah, kickers are probably the only players without a body fat % in single digits!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just released Joseph within the last 30 minutes. What's the plan? I don't see it
They signed Brayden Narveson, a rookie just cut by the Titans. Seems like a risk worth taking. His pro resume is limited - TC and PS with the Titans, that's it. He had a very good preseason, but so did some other guys who were cut. He's never kicked in an NFL game. Good call or not? I don't know but I trust the GM. As always, time will tell.

Reaction score
Narveson was 6/7 or 85.7% this preseason.
2/2 XPM
His only miss was from 58 yards. Although the prior week he hit from 59 yards

He was a perfect 196/196 100% XPM in college from a shorter distance. I believe it’s 20 yards? Might be off in that

Last edited:
OP
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a hunch Narverson is going to do a decent job for the Packers. I think they may have pulled a rabbit out of a hat.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this guy deserves his own thread instead of being discussed in his disgusting predecessor's thread. If only to make it easier to criticize him the first time after he eventually blows a crucial kick.

ETA: I moved everything out of Carlson's thread to this one.

Last edited:

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Things change fast after cutdowns. Today the Packers released Joseph and picked up rookie Brayden Narveson from the Titans. He had a good camp and PS, but the Titans decided to stay with veteran Nick Folk.

He's a big dude, 5'10" and 215 lbs. I only saw one picture but it looks like he has huge legs.

Gotta give Gluten credit. He's moved on from drafted players who just didn't cut it - Carlson, Clifford, Pratt, Kalen King. He won't let his ego get in the way of improving the team. Then again, with all the draft picks he makes each year (10 or 11) there are gonna be some clunkers. The only stat I saw on Narveson was he made 785 of his kicks in college and all XPs. Gluten liked him enough to jettison Joseph. In Gluten we trust.
I feel this front office is much more inclined to cut bait quicker than in the past. They are no longer holding onto what they feel are lost causes. I think it shows that they want to win now. They are not holding onto below average players. Everyone knew we needed to make a move at kicker and he actually did.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone knew we needed to make a move at kicker and he actually did.
I think that was is interesting is that we brought Alex Hale back onto the practice squad. They could have brought Carlson back if they believed that he was going to improve. I fully understand that we get a roster exception for Hale because he's an international player but...

Carlson hit 82% of his kicks in camp (he hit 82% last season for Green Bay)
Joseph hit 78% of his kicks in camp (he hit 80% last season for Minnesota)
Hale hit 66% of his kicks in camp (he hit 80% last season for Oklahoma St)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kid had an interesting week. Lost his job then get called next day by your new employer asking if your passport is up to date.
Used to be that a visa was also needed to visit São Paulo. That can be expedited through the embassy in Chicago, but yeah, need a current passport first. That would be kinda embarrassing........

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kid had an interesting week. Lost his job then get called next day by your new employer asking if your passport is up to date.
Good observation. What a roillercoaster. All he's ever wanted to be wa sa kicker in the NFL, and he finally got his dream in Tennnessee - only to have it snatched away. Next thing you know, he finds out that he's kicking for the Packers in Brazil next week.

I read up on the guy yesterday, and he's a very interesting kid. Incredibly self-conifdent, for one thing - he intends to be the best kicker in the NFL, and doesn't see a single reason why he can't become that. He's spent the last several years attending kicking camps all over the country, working with all sorts of kicking coaches trying to pick their brains and learn new tips, and talking to NFL scouts and staff about the best way to prepare himself for an NFL career.

He haunts bowl games and other events where NFL teams are sending reps so he can meet team officials, and he's met with Packer representatives a lot. Green Bay was very aware of him all summer, and Gute was ready to grab him the minute he fell to us.

I like this guy. He's still a long shot, but he sounds like a long shot with a lot of reaasons for taking.

Malik Willis seems pretty pleased to have him on board, too. Guess they got to be buddies in Nashville.

Last edited:

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never had one. Visited Canada back in the day when a DL worked.
We can kid around a little bit here in the forum about whether he has his papers in order, but I can't help wondering how many freshly graduated college athletes from North Carolina State who grew up in Scottsdale AZ actually have passports, so I thought I'd google "brayden narveson passport". The first hit that came back from Google is apparently a quote from someone who's part of the Green Bay Packer ownership group, apparently expressing concern that Narverson mignt not be up to date on his documentation -

Renowned internet expert

This guy sounds like someone who knows what he's talking about, and is apparently regarded by the other members of the ownership group as someone whose thoughts and opinions carry a lot of weight.

But seriously, it's a good point. It's pretty difficult to get a passport on 8 day's notice. In fact, I'm not even sure it's possible. I'm sure Gute already thought this over before cutting Joseph, but I'd be awfully curious to know what he plans to do.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never had one. Visited Canada back in the day when a DL worked.
I was supposed to go to Sao Paulo in 1995 or 1996. The trip never happened but I had to get a visa and it was a rush job, so the application had to be sent to the Brazilian embassy in Chicago. I imagine the same requirements exist, and so all the players going to SP will need a Visa (and passport, of course). As for me, the trip never happened.

I didn't remember you could go to Canada without a passport. I did go to Toronto once but don't recollect needing a passport, or anything other than a DL.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can kid around a little bit here in the forum about whether he has his papers in order, but I can't help wondering how many freshly graduated college athletes from North Carolina State who grew up in Scottsdale AZ actually have passports, so I thought I'd google "brayden narveson passport". The first hit that came back from Google is apparently a quote from someone who's part of the Green Bay Packer ownership group, apparently expressing concern that Narverson mignt not be up to date on his documentation -

Renowned internet expert

This guy sounds like someone who knows what he's talking about, and is apparently regarded by the other members of the ownership group as someone whose thoughts and opinions carry a lot of weight.

But seriously, it's a good point. It's pretty difficult to get a passport on 8 day's notice. In fact, I'm not even sure it's possible. I'm sure Gute already thought this over before cutting Joseph, but I'd be awfully curious to know what he plans to do.
Yeah it's just a little off topic but interesting nonetheless. And to your point 13, I doubt that many college grads have a passport when they finish school. There are a few exceptions, kids certainly travel internationally on occasion.

And while a visa can be expedited (although that took me two weeks for Brazil), a passport is a different matter. No matter. My guess is that where enough money is involved, almost anything is possible.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts