Brandon McManus

Reaction score
He’s actually pretty accurate. I like him. The primary reason he’s 81% is you could see how they pressed him on 50+ Kicks. Great leg his long is 61 and he’s near automatic closer in.
They obviously trusted him to make long kicks

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the fact that he's a veteran kicker. He's kicked in big games and should be used to pressure. The bar has been set very low by Carlson and Narveson. If McManus can hit his career 81% average that will look pretty good. Let's hope the third time is the charm.

Reaction score
I just hope he's done trying to join the Mile High Club. :coffee:
As his Attorney I would be forced to tell the truth about my own trauma.

As far as “Personal Space” let me tell ya about Personal up in Space. Why just my last flight on American Airkines.. this fat guy stuck his rear right into me as I sat trying to protect myself, all the while stowing his carry on. That alone should’ve been a $5mil Compensation. I Can’t unforget this!

If everytime someone brushed up against me on a flight was battery? I’d be richer than Rickey Rich on Lifestyles of the Richey and Famous

If everyone that called me inappropriate names or disregarded the sanctity of my vIrgun ears was deemed criminal? 1/3 of the Employees I’ve worked with would be serving time behind bars.
and NO! I am NOT your Sweetie!!

Last edited:

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I especially like that he's not only a proven kicker in big games, but he played almost his entire career in an open-air stadium in Denver. If it's 4 below zero or snowing in a playoff game at Lambeau, and we're down 2 points with 14 seconds to go, I'm not going to start crying uncontrollably as he trots out onto the field.

I just wonder if we're making the right move by cutting Narveson and keeping Hale on the practice squad. With that atomic leg of Narveson, if he ever does pull himself together and play up to his potential, it'd shorten the field 5-8 yards on every drive. That'd be a nice thing to have under contract for the next 10 years.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
As his Attorney I would be forced to tell the truth about my own trauma.

As far as “Personal Space” let me tell ya about Personal up in Space. Why just my last flight on American Airkines.. this fat guy stuck his rear right into me as I sat trying to protect myself, all the while stowing his carry on. That alone should’ve been a $5mil Compensation. I Can’t unforget this!

If everytime someone brushed up against me on a flight was battery? I’d be richer than Rickey Rich on Lifestyles of the Richey and Famous

If everyone that called me inappropriate names or disregarded the sanctity of my vIrgun ears was deemed criminal? 1/3 of the Employees I’ve worked with would be serving time behind bars.
and NO! I am NOT your Sweetie!!
Ok Rodney!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I just wonder if we're making the right move by cutting Narveson and keeping Hale on the practice squad. With that atomic leg of Narveson, if he ever does pull himself together and play up to his potential, it'd shorten the field 5-8 yards on every drive. That'd be a nice thing to have under contract for the next 10 years.

I said the same thing, about putting Narveson on the PS, if they think he will eventually will be a consistent kicker. My guess is this. They still could, but probably won't. First, you now have 3 kickers (with Hale) every practice and that might be more work/time/financials than they want to devote to the position. Second, they wouldn't use one of their 4 protection designations for him, so at any time, he could get plucked by another team.

I would say the damage is done, best to break from him. If they get word from some remote Island in the Pacific Ocean that he and his buddy Wilson are looking good, then bring him back.

Reaction score
I would say the damage is done, best to break from him. If they get word from some remote Island in the Pacific Ocean that he and his buddy Wilson are looking good, then bring him back.

I agree with all of this. I especially agree with letting him go for another reason. There’s an obvious innate risk that these opportunities have for a PK in relation to some guarantee and that’s comes in both monetary and non monetary form.

McManus is a seasoned Veteran in that he’s expecting some assurances at least short term. Having a 2-way or
3-way competition doesn’t help to employ his services. I think that would be almost disingenuous to keep Narveson (nothing personal Narvey) unless McManus been here for 3-4 weeks and had problems or some issue.
Yes there’s a risk for all players and we all know that they are betting on themselves long term. However we’re talking about initiating Employment and that might have even been a verbal condition by his Agent. It would be for me. I’m not dropping my life for a 2-week “tryout” if that makes sense?

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree with all of this. I especially agree with letting him go for another reason. There’s an obvious innate risk that these opportunities have for a PK in relation to some guarantee and that’s comes in both monetary and non monetary form.

McManus is a seasoned Veteran in that he’s expecting some assurances at least short term. Having a 2-way or
3-way competition doesn’t help to employ his services. I think that would be almost disingenuous to keep Narveson (nothing personal Narvey) unless McManus been here for 3-4 weeks and had problems or some issue.
Yes there’s a risk for all players and we all know that they are betting on themselves long term. However we’re talking about initiating Employment and that might have even been a verbal condition by his Agent. It would be for me. I’m not dropping my life for a 2-week “tryout” if that makes sense?
Agree and lets face it, would the Packers really bring Narveson back to the 53 (this season) if McManus didn't work out?

Members online

Latest posts