Badgers Women's hockey 2024-25

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amazing game today (10/19/24). The Badger women were down 3-1 in the 3rd period. The Gopher women scored 3 goals on them, and had them on the ropes. But, like all of Mark Johnson's teams, you'd better not go to sleep on them because they're not going to skate away and accept getting whipped, without a fight.

The Badgers scored 3 times in the period, taking the lead with a little over 6 minutes left to play, then held off the desperate charge of the Gophers. Nice win for Bucky, 4-3. It looks even better, since it was a sweep against the #3 team in the nation. The Badgers won Friday night 5-0.

Here's an interesting fact. Six of the top seven women scoring in the US are Wisconsin players. One player, from Minnesota, in the middle.

There's a good reason the Badger women are ranked #1 in the nation. They can play hockey!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You read my mind, I was going to start a thread about this team.

I watched the game on Saturday as well. When the Badgers went down 3 zip in the second, I thought "Oh great, I tune in and they lose their first game." Given that they had spanked the Gophers the night before (5-0) and they were undefeated, I wasn't going to give up watching the game. I am glad I didn't.

As soon a Leila Edwards scored the Badgers first goal on a PP, I knew "game on". You could see the change in momentum and energy.

The announcers brought up that going into the weekend that the Badgers were averaging 7+ goals a game and I believe the Gophers coach comment was "They score over a touchdown a game".

This could be another special Mark Johnson coached Team. They have 4 solid lines, filled with some real stars. I believe their 4th line is all freshman and they aren't just playing when the game is out of hand. They are playing, scoring and playing better than most teams 3rd lines. That will go a long way as the long season wears on.

I would love to see an undefeated season for the Badgers, but that is highly unlikely, when you factor in the length of the season (40+ games). That said, I think if they stay healthy, this could end really well for them.