2024 Weekly Report Card: Matt LaFleur

Reaction score
One of the things that helped the Packers win the last 2 weeks was sticking to the gameplan by persisting with the run game. I felt like ML was nervous and that transferred to the team. He wasn't confident and neither was the team. Love seemed more relaxed or confident in the 2nd half and began to trust his knee more. But the whole team seemed off from the get-go.
I think our strength is in our Run game and it’s what opens our passing game. We got down so quickly that we had to get away from what has helped us play winning football the last 2 contests. We were the #1 Rushing Offense going into Week 4 and we didn’t Rush for 100 yards Sunday. We all but abandoned our strength but we didn’t need to once it was 7-28 at the half. Even a long 6 minute drive ending in points to start quarter #3 and it’s 10-28 or 14-28; plus 1 1/2 quarters of ball.
The only way we were going to get out of our strength was to fall behind 3+ scored very early on. That’s EXACTLY what happened. I’d argue if you even hit both FG tried we’re talking 6-21. That’s not enough to abandon the Run. Then 13-28 halftime. Same thing we could’ve played ball control. It was a weird game nothing went right for near 2 quarters until the Punt Muff

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't give LaFleur anything better than a C+. We got boat raced in the 1st half and once again imo, LaFleur went too far away from the run game, especially in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I will say, his players execution on both sides of the ball was generally putrid however which put him in a bad spot. Getting down 14-0 so quickly and easily is a good reason to slow the game down with a gimpy QB. LaFleur needs Clements or one of his coaches to settle him and slow him down when things aren't going well.