Week 9 vs the Lions Pre-Week Chat

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang this was already gonna be tough…but with Love’s injury, Rochell out of elevations, Jacobs apparently has been playing with nagging injury and had to come out late, Stokes pulled in game after Jaire also on final play was one legged…

In truth I think you have to play Willis, give him this knowledge asap and game plan.

This gives Love essentially 20 days to heal berror entering a gauntlet of a second half.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be at the game. It won't be pretty and I'm hoping for a win, but I am not sure that the Packers are at the same level as the Lions right now. They are a fine-tuned Hemi v8 and we are a currently a turbo v6 with a lot of mechanical issues. I hope that will change by the time we play them in Detroit, but they are the better team right now.

LaFleur needs to play smash-mouth football and let his defense be aggressive. Right now - our best plan of attack is to play old school ball against them.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, this has all the makings of one of those stupid games where we appear to be wildly overmatched, walking wounded, and end up coming away with the win. I feel like there's been a lot of these games in recent memory tbh, where we've got some key injuries and are against a team who's already the favorite (even if we were healthy) and we end up playing them close and/or win. Come to think of it, it was 3 years ago today that we were 6-1 and playing the Cardinals who were 6-0. We had both Davante and Lazzard out and our pass catchers were A. Jones (7/51), Tonyan (3/49), Winfree (4/30), Deguara (2/20), Cobb (3/15), St Brown (2/12) and Amari Rodgers (1/7). We won off an INT from Rasul...who had just been picked up from the Cardinals practice squad ~3 weeks prior due to injuries to Ja and K. King. Made it happen!

In any case though it's a really tough situation, esp. with Love's health and the bye coming up. If my count's correct, a win would put us atop the NFC (or at worst tied for it, maybe?). Do you risk a less-than-100% Love to try and get that head-to-head over the Lions, or do you play it safe and sit him and let him get the 2+ weeks rest? At 6-2, we're fairly well-positioned in any case, so I think perhaps you'd err on the side of caution, but I don't know...a win without exacerbating injury would be huge mentally/momentum-wise.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang this was already gonna be tough…but with Love’s injury, Rochell out of elevations, Jacobs apparently has been playing with nagging injury and had to come out late, Stokes pulled in game after Jaire also on final play was one legged…

In truth I think you have to play Willis, give him this knowledge asap and game plan.

This gives Love essentially 20 days to heal berror entering a gauntlet of a second half.
At least we found out that rookie Evan Williams came out OK and should be likely to play Sunday. Stokes will be on the field by default. He knows his days in GB could be numbered.

Reaction score
This one might be painful to watch and their playing awesome football.

Then again the Packers are made up with so many young crazy-@ss players with
the attitude that nothing is impossible, we just might pull out a win.

I am concern about Joran Love health toughness long term compared to Farve and Rodgers.
I know football is a rough sport but Love's body seems to have so many different aliments
pop'in up from time to time.