PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Studs - run blocking, defense

Duds - Unable to get a few more first downs in 2nd half. Penalties

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: *run game ( almost non-existent in 2nd half) and the defense (I'm not counting the lone TD)
Duds: Offensive coaching (we only scored 2 FG's in 3 quarters) we may have had a backup QB, but this was very mediocre team we were playing.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Willis, played above expectations.
OL played great along with rest of the team except

Dud: Walker, sorry but for a top draft choice I don't see it. Watch him in the replay. Reminds me of K.Jackson in how he plays.

Reaction score
Studs: Game plan
2:1 ratio (40 min:20 min)
269 Rushing! (4.9 per) WOW
That tells me all we need to know about our Run block

Stud: OL/TE effort. Doing the dirty work does not always get accolades. Here it should they won the day

Josh Jacobs 32/151 yards. While he didn’t score a TD. He was amazing at 4.7 per in a contest where they 100% knew we’d run often.

Devonte Wyatt
2 TFL, 1 Sack

Xavier McKinney 1 INT
Eric Wilson 1 INT
Evan Williams 1 INT

That speaks to a COMBINED Defensive effort. Big day for our D allowing just 10 points including a game sealing 3rd INT

ST Punter “Make ‘em Work Fir it!”Daniel Whelan coming up big when needed. 3 punts 46.3 average
(38 yards to the Indi 16)
;42 yards to the 8 yard line)
(59 long to their 5 yard line!)
3/3 pinned Inside their 20 yard line 2/3 inside the 10
1/3 inside the 5
Give Daniel a Pabst Blue Ribbon

Last edited:

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Studs - Willis stayed with the game plan. Didn't try to do too much, no turnovers. 12-14, 122 YDS, 1 TD, 1st NFL win as a starter.
Pass Defense - 3 Interceptions
1st half Running game

Duds - Josh Myers, twice penalized for being illegally downfield.
Run Defense - 7.8 yds/att
2nd Half running game

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keith Jackson? How so?
Wasn't he the cb from Iowa we drafted and traded? Might have 1st name wrong. Anyway Jackson would arrive just after play was over and not interested in hitting or tackling. Thus was traded. Walker looked the same to me today.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
O line - they deserve a lot of credit. Colts knew the Packers had to run the ball and they still consistently opened holes.
Willis- He didn't panic and didn't turn the ball over. Was he good? No, but he didn't lose the game.
Xavier- Huge , Huge TFL and interception. I think we'll get used to putting him in the stud column.

Duds- Run defense. They got gashed much too often, especially in the second half. Looking like a big liability so far.
Fumble in the end zone. Jones was a warrier but you can't let that happen.
Pass Rush- one sack this week and two last week. Not getting the job done! Richardson is elusive but you have to finish.

All in all a solid effort and a encouraging win. Both teams left points out there. Just goes to show that good things happen when the O line is playing really well.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One other Stud

Packers finally beat the Colts. They have "owned" the Packers going back to the Holmgren Era. Great to get that monkey off their back.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS
MLF - despite the fumble (not his fault) and somewhat conservative late this game plan dominated the day.
Jacobs - His eyes are his elite trait and anticipation a close second.
Tucker “TE1” Kraft - I said it during the game, this young man IMO just put together one of the best complete games by a TE I think we’ve seen in GB in awhile…I want to confirm in All22 rewatch but dude was a beast in every facet.

McDuffie - needs acknowledged for stepping up from last week the most in personal play. Didn’t think he had it in him.

DUDS

Nixon, I’m beyond done with this Nickle.DONE

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Seems like that would more be on MLF then for not dialing up some plays for him. Hard to fault any WR for the game given what the plan was.
I agree to an extent. The question that needs to asked is why? He's a weapon running the ball. Bo Melton ran it twice today, Jayden Reed ran it twice today. He has 13 yds in offense over 2 games.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: O-Line / Run blocking, Willis was impressive in reading the game, some good runs too.
Dud: Run Defence. So many soft tackles and JT made it look easy.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Sorry, but this one is downright stupid. The game plan was to run the ball down Indy's throats.
It's all in how you look at it. Why did he have no touches, even running the ball? He's supposed to be a big part of our offense, draw up a run play to get the ball in his hands. MLF even said no to that, but there were 4 running plays by WR's in today's game. Is that on MLF or is it on Watson? I like Watson, to not even get a sniff of a play drawn up for him seems odd. He was a dud because he had no impact in the game, not because I thought he su**ed.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Reminds me of K.Jackson in how he plays.
Do you mean 2018 2nd rd draft pick Josh Jackson?

Studs: Willis

If Richardson was more accurate, they would have won. How much pressure on him? Too many mistakes. A win, is a win, but against a good offense, do we give up 33 points and over 400 yards of offense again?
As a decent coach once said
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Which they did. They didn't play to win a different one.
Duds - Josh Myers, twice penalized for being illegally downfield.
Yeah this will happen a lot when the QB double pumps before passing the ball on a screen.

Reaction score
Yeah I’ve been a big supporter of defending Myers. Yet he got caught 2X downfield at least 4 yards when the receiver is behind LOS. Literally got the “most illegible” today. Those were drive killers.

Eric Wilson played amazing.
1. Forced a Fumble with hustle at sideline. Nearly a Turnover
2. Goes lateral on Richardson and forces him to pitch it backwards. Then goes into that receiver like an angry fly on pooop -5. Forces a 50 yarder that gets missed btw. Thats + points to Eric. McKinney got credited but that was actually #45 flying solo
3. INT in what would’ve been long FG range +3 points to Eric.
A+ effort he was all over the place and our #1 LB today

While Quay overall played C grade he did blitz and force the errant throw to McKinney. So that brought him from D+ to C. While Taylor was a mismatch, he did still hustle with 6 Solo

Gary was a Dud. Literally had 0/0/0. He disappeared in a game where we needed him to elevate. Luckily Wyatt stepped up in his place.

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all in how you look at it. Why did he have no touches, even running the ball? He's supposed to be a big part of our offense, draw up a run play to get the ball in his hands. MLF even said no to that, but there were 4 running plays by WR's in today's game. Is that on MLF or is it on Watson? I like Watson, to not even get a sniff of a play drawn up for him seems odd. He was a dud because he had no impact in the game, not because I thought he su**ed.

He got no touches because we had a QB who hasn't even been in town for 3 weeks. The plan was clearly to run the ball like it was 1963. He can't call his own number in the huddle and the deep ball was clearly not part of the game plan. However, he DID do exactly what he was asked to do by his coach, which was to run decoy routes and block downfield. I just don't believe you criticize people based on factors beyond their control.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you mean 2018 2nd rd draft pick Josh Jackson?

As a decent coach once said
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Which they did. They didn't play to win a different one.

Yeah this will happen a lot when the QB double pumps before passing the ball on a screen.
Yes. Thanks

Members online